• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Another Moonswatch metal case project

Caboose

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
27/2/15
CONUS
Do I need to re-glue or anything like this?
The bezel is press fit. The bezel insert is held on with double sided adhesive. I personally remove the bezel fully and reseat it with a press. I think Karbon is suggesting to pull up the insert and then rotate it slightly, but I will let him confirm.

Caboose

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
27/2/15
CONUS
well done on the metal moonswatch! Still love mine - though I'm inspired by the mission to mars variant and really like the engraved casebooks.... so this is inbound now :)
I believe for this combo you will need pusher extensions. @Karbon74 glued some scrap material to his, I made 3d printed pusher extenders. Both are valid options.

Caboose

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
27/2/15
CONUS
Here's the heatshrink concept for those visually. Heatshrink is a tube that shrinks when heat is applied. It is used for electrical work. Very simple concept. Anyone can do this without a 3d printer, or without glue that can be messy or leave a residue.

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
Here's the heatshrink concept for those visually. Heatshrink is a tube that shrinks when heat is applied. It is used for electrical work. Very simple concept. Anyone can do this without a 3d printer, or without glue that can be messy or leave a residue.

I just bought some heatshrink tubes and will find wire. Will test and report on this.

The glue method works very well but it does need a delicate touch to cut and prepare the tiny adaptor (2x2mm) to the right thickness (1mm), put the glue and then place the adaptor _on_ the movement contacts. All of this while holding the movement in one hand (remember that the dial and hands are on it!). One mistake and you trash it.

Reactions: Caboose

haze3715

walked out, no purchase history.
Supporter
Certified
8/8/21
Canada
These donor Moonswatches arrived today. They are quite a bit better than the ones I got from watches_77 on DHgate last year. These are also from watches_77, I guess an an updated version, no more greenish markers.

Now i’m considering of buying another set to wear unmodded, lol

Last edited:

Fabian.

Known Member
Certified
9/4/19
Just ordered the Moonswatch and some tools.

Did the metal cases get more expensive? The ones on AliX are almost 50€.
Or did is remember it incorrectly that they were somewhat about 35€?

And do you guys have any recommendations for an Omega logo bracelet?

Fabian.

Known Member
Certified
9/4/19

Not able to edit my post unfortunately but is there any significant difference justifying the price difference in those 2 cases?

Case 1: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/1005...=scene:pcDetailTopMoreOtherSeller|query_from:

Case 2: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/1005005106728295.html?gatewayAdapt=4itemAdapt

If not, I'd order the cheaper one and then I am ready to got for the project.

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! 33,56€ | 20mm 22mm 316L Solid Stainless Steel Watch Band for Omega Speedmaster Seamaster 300 600 Planet Ocean Strap 007 Bracelet Apollo1

the cases vary in price

Fabian.

Known Member
Certified
9/4/19
Thanks a lot!
Really excited for this small project.
If it turns out well, the Alaska project will be the next one.

Reactions: Karbon74

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region