• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Another Moonswatch metal case project

Caboose

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
27/2/15
CONUS
Ah man, I bought the stems that people here quoted that needs cutting down.... I've just screwed it into the crown for this photo but I mean. I'm worried, maybe I've done it all wrong hahaha

Maybe I should've considered making this progress public. I'm losing credit here lmao 🤣
You are doing fine. You have a PE50 stem, it just needs to be cut down. Build the entire watch, do the stem last. Install the stem, push in the spring on the crown and measure. Cut exactly (if not a little less) of that off the threaded portion, loctite, done. I usually refit each stem to crown 2-3 times to make sure the engagement is just right.

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
yes. Sometimes if the crown is too long, it will push the movement when the crown is fully screwed.

But if the stem is too short, you cannot move off the time set position because the crown will catch the thread

Reactions: Got20Mate

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
Cheer Cmt GIF by Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making the Team

you can do it

• Haha

Got20Mate

Hunting for the perfect Speedy rep!
Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
KoGAE3.jpeg

Thanks for the input gents. Nearly there, just struggling to get a smooth close on the back as the case back keeps catching the plastic 3D case holder as I tighten. A little fiddle and I should be there!

Reactions: Karbon74

Got20Mate

Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
Well that took me an hour, and to be honest if I didn't have all the advice, it would have taken double that time. Quite the learning experience, and it isn't perfect, but man alive am I inspired!

KoSisi.jpeg
KoSa9X.jpeg
KoSWKc.jpeg
KoS5RI.jpeg

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
awesome. Great job. I won my bet. You did it.

If one day you want to also align the bezel insert at 60 on top....

Use a very thin pointed blade, like a scalpel, and detach the insert by sliding it underneath slowly round the edge. Take care not to scratch the insert or bezel.

Then simply reposition the 60 dot on the topmost marker that looks like a dick.

Pinion Minion

World Class Breaker of Movements
Supporter
Certified
5/8/22
Texas
Well that took me an hour, and to be honest if I didn't have all the advice, it would have taken double that time. Quite the learning experience, and it isn't perfect, but man alive am I inspired!

KoSisi.jpeg
KoSa9X.jpeg
KoSWKc.jpeg
KoS5RI.jpeg

Congrats! Well done! That watch will always have a special place in your watch box

Got20Mate

Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK

Use a very thin pointed blade, like a scalpel, and detach the insert by sliding it underneath slowly round the edge. Take care not to scratch the insert or bezel.

This is really helpful, was wondering how on earth to do this. You win!!

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
This is really helpful, was wondering how on earth to do this. You win!!
additional tip. I start from the 7-8 position for the blade. Just because if I mess up, the eyes rare catch this place on wrist.

If you are not assured, you can tape the bezel and insert with a small pie e masking tape to protect them at place of entry

Got20Mate

Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK

Do I need to re-glue or anything like this?