• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Another Moonswatch metal case project

oldtools

Renowned Member
14/6/11
Nice! But will they be able to rep the moon phase with the PE50 movement?

Hesekiel

Vintage Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
4/1/17
California
Cool as f*ck!
Not sure if this would work well in a metal case though. All white and snoopy . . . what a great GEN combo for $315 . . .

Reactions: Got20Mate

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
@Caboose
I tried the heat shrink method for pushers
Actually you don't need to put a piece of wire. Just the tube is enough. it shinks to a stub and you cut off the excess. much simpler.

I did not like the wire as it did not hold tight enough. there was a dangle at point of contact with the pusher pin

Caboose

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
27/2/15
CONUS
@Caboose
I tried the heat shrink method for pushers
Actually you don't need to put a piece of wire. Just the tube is enough. it shinks to a stub and you cut off the excess. much simpler.

I did not like the wire as it did not hold tight enough. there was a dangle at point of contact with the pusher pin
Glad this was an effective solution!

Reactions: Karbon74

Caboose

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
27/2/15
CONUS
I did try out for the purposes of seeing how easy a swap of the Moonswatch movement and dial into this would be... And it's easy. I mean like the only too you need is a case knife easy. The movement in the Pladen is the same as the Moonswatch. No crown reattachment or stem trimming, nothing. Swap in the Moonswatch movement, put in crown and stem, done. Literally 5 minutes. NO CUSTOM MOVEMENT HOLDER REQUIRED EITHER!

Great for noobs. Disadvantage is the case is lower quality and not stainless. There is engraving on the caseback, and the crown is not screw down, and neither is the caseback. Much lower quality than the other cases I'm getting, so I would not be okay with selling that one, but the swap is super super easy for anyone wondering.

Beartooth

CREAM OF THE CROP
Patron
Certified
22/2/22
Nuclear sponge
I did try out for the purposes of seeing how easy a swap of the Moonswatch movement and dial into this would be... And it's easy. I mean like the only too you need is a case knife easy. The movement in the Pladen is the same as the Moonswatch. No crown reattachment or stem trimming, nothing. Swap in the Moonswatch movement, put in crown and stem, done. Literally 5 minutes. NO CUSTOM MOVEMENT HOLDER REQUIRED EITHER!

Great for noobs. Disadvantage is the case is lower quality and not stainless. There is engraving on the caseback, and the crown is not screw down, and neither is the caseback. Much lower quality than the other cases I'm getting, so I would not be okay with selling that one, but the swap is super super easy for anyone wondering.
The chrono pushers work and everything?

• Wow
Reactions: Mat_w and Karbon74

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
what do you think about the Jason rep?
I feel it's pretty good. needs some filing, cleaning and repolish, but it's super nice I think

and yes, with steel, the classic moon or mars look better

lost-cavalier

prisoner of time
Supporter
Certified
5/11/22
yeah it definitely needs some refining and the bracelet is a bit sharp in places, but overall I'm really pleased with the case, certainly worth the extra effort with the pusher mods as the end product I'm sure will be worth it - when comparing the branded (Jason) case with the other (Corget) case its more like the newer speedster with a slightly taller side profile than the previous one that has a similar profile to the older speedmaster - can see it on this shot of gen new speedster (top) and gen original speedmaster (bottom):

(ignore that I've got the branded crown swapped over - waiting for a PE50 stem to arrive to put the logo'd crown on the branded case! also the finger prints and dust make me twitch/embarrassed but you see hopefully what I mean :) )

branded case on top, original unbranded case below seems to show the same side profile interestingly....

Last edited:
Reactions: Atikin!