• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Another Moonswatch metal case project

therepfather

Getting To Know The Place
18/10/23
Switzerland🇨🇭🧀
Good news everyone! I imported the .STL into Solidworks with feature recognition and well... I made the relevant changes for my case and made some other changes, like making the stem removal button easier to hit, beveling the battery area, and also added an up arrow (to indicate up, duh!) and a "C" to designate this as my variation of the design. If you'd like to print it, it can be found here:

I am also planning on making a batch of these for those interested who don't have 3d printers. I have a few old rolls of filament and these prints are like 1.5g each, so I can make plenty of these for $0.03 and would get rid of them for cost of shipping ($5 CONUS) to those who want to do this build. But would like to gauge interest so if you are interested, please let me know in the thread so I can create a M2M listing in the sales section to get these out to those who need. Here's some shots!

Relevant case used in this mod is:

Only other thing you need to complete the mod is replacement watch stem if yours was short like mine (I suspect broken as my replacement stems are longer!)
i just want to order the case https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804707033900.html
but i seems we bought them all😂.
Any idea for an other fitting case, which the movement holder fits? (Case only)

Hesekiel

Vintage Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
4/1/17
California
And here's the glamour shot pictured with an SDU-30 Distress Marker and a Luna Replicas band.

I'd love to get my hands on the luna replica milspec band. Seems to be sold out. Does anyone have another source for these?

Caboose

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
27/2/15
CONUS
I'd love to get my hands on the luna replica milspec band. Seems to be sold out. Does anyone have another source for these?
I do. Would you prefer this over the metal bracelet?

Hesekiel

Vintage Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
4/1/17
California
Yes, absolutely, but it has to be the LONG one (202") in ANY color . . .

Caboose

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
27/2/15
CONUS
Yes, absolutely, but it has to be the LONG one (202") in ANY color . . .

Ah well I have a short on hand I'd be willing to let go, but a long, nope! Luna Replicas does the best ones IMO, so you will have to wait for them to come into stock.

Reactions: Hesekiel

DesertAdventures

16/9/17
Ah well I have a short on hand I'd be willing to let go, but a long, nope! Luna Replicas does the best ones IMO, so you will have to wait for them to come into stock.
Green or gray? Ive never seen those before and they are all sold out! If you wanna get rid of one I’d be in

Caboose

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
27/2/15
CONUS
For the movement holder, please note I have added the following for our friends in the EU and Canada:

• File with V2 changes and EU flag with a "2" in the center indicating V2 for @j-unit139
  • File with V2 changes and Canadian flag with a "2" in the flag indicating V2 for @AMHD
  • V2 also available for everyone else. Simply adds a chamfer to the bottom avoid elephant footing issues on some printers, and removes chamfer from the "C" and arrow to make them more crisp!

Feedback encouraged and welcome.

j-unit

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
12/3/23
CH🇨🇭GER 🇩🇪
but there is a Winter Sale
Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! 89,74€ 84% Off | PAGANI DESIGN 2024 New Men's Watches Top Luxury Quartz Watch For Men Auto Date Speed Chronograph AR Sapphire Mirror Wrist watch

this is a superb case and bracelet
Can you still use the pagani's stem+crown with the moonswatch's movement in the pagan case?

Caboose

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
27/2/15
CONUS
Can you still use the pagani's stem+crown with the moonswatch's movement in the pagan case?
The Pagani will have a much longer stem. Should be fine... except the movement is different so stems won't work. Crown will be fine with the Moonswatch stem though, unless it too short!

Last edited:
Reactions: j-unit

Caboose

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
27/2/15
CONUS
Good news! I modified the movement holder design to allow usage of the battery cover that comes with the watches_77 watch. You'll never see it through the caseback, but you'll know it is there!

Caboose

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
27/2/15
CONUS
Also worth noting that metal ring that comes included between the dial and plastic case can work in a pinch inside the caseback between the movement holder and the caseback, instead of the bezel springs I've been using. Disadvantage is it will not auto adjust like the spring will. Will experiment, but that saves me having to make custom retention springs, which I will be doing anyway as my 0.5mm spring wire finally arrived!

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
Also worth noting that metal ring that comes included between the dial and plastic case can work in a pinch inside the caseback between the movement holder and the caseback, instead of the bezel springs I've been using. Disadvantage is it will not auto adjust like the spring will. Will experiment, but that saves me having to make custom retention springs, which I will be doing anyway as my 0.5mm spring wire finally arrived!
can you post a pic of the spring shape please?