• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Another Moonswatch metal case project

Caboose

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
27/2/15
CONUS
many of the moonswatches come with a small spacer ring themselves- check and see if one is wedged in the plastic case. hopefully it will be enough.

Which case are you using?
The out of the box case seems to not really have that. MAYBE the plastic crystal is molded to "stop" the movement from being pushed forward but that's all I see. Likewise on the VK63 case, the movement "stops" at the correct distance.

DesertAdventures

16/9/17
many of the moonswatches come with a small spacer ring themselves- check and see if one is wedged in the plastic case. hopefully it will be enough.

Which case are you using?
Pagani case. I mentioned the spacer ring in the other thread, I put the tiny plastic one in but it’s just small enough to not make a difference.

DesertAdventures

16/9/17
I’ll open up the case again later and measure the differences To figure it out. Maybe print a tiny black spacer and call it good. I’m currently trying to decide if a mini dsotm would be fun, realized the omega one is 44mm and Pagani is 40mm. That case and the moon dial would look nice, but small.

Pinion Minion

World Class Breaker of Movements
Patron
Certified
5/8/22
Texas
I’ll open up the case again later and measure the differences To figure it out. Maybe print a tiny black spacer and call it good. I’m currently trying to decide if a mini dsotm would be fun, realized the omega one is 44mm and Pagani is 40mm. That case and the moon dial would look nice, but small.
Yes- these are around if you look to help with such a build:

Pinion Minion

Patron
Certified
5/8/22
Texas
I originally bought this dark side of the Moon knock off with a quartz movement to do a swap but I actually kind of like both watches the way they are. I cannot find this dark side of the Moon knock off again. I think I got it off DHgate. Probably from Jason 007. I seem to remember it was about $80.

Reactions: Caboose

DesertAdventures

16/9/17
I originally bought this dark side of the Moon knock off with a quartz movement to do a swap but I actually kind of like both watches the way they are. I cannot find this dark side of the Moon knock off again. I think I got it off DHgate. Probably from Jason 007. I seem to remember it was about $80.

Is that 40mm or 44.? Looks good I’d rather have omega markings than Pagani.

Pinion Minion

Patron
Certified
5/8/22
Texas
it is a 44mm. Jason007 doesnt seem to have a DSOM at the moment- I see a grey SOM on his DHgate page, however. you should just message "him"- i bet he can find one for you.

Last edited:

DesertAdventures

16/9/17
it is a 44mm. Jason007 doesnt seem to have a DSOM at the moment- I see a grey SOM on his DHgate page, however. you should just message "him"- i bet he can find one for you.
What’s the actual dial size in there? How much space would I need to fill to get the moon movement in? It doesn’t look like the dial is 4mm bigger.

DesertAdventures

16/9/17
Sorry- no idea. Haven't taken it apart
😂 isn’t that the first thing we all do with all of these? Well if you ever happen to be in there please post the results. I figured out the dimensional differences of the Pagani case / vk63 vs the moonswatch. Working on a new movement holder design now. The dial is .15mm bigger than the rehaut in that case so it can tilt down into it slightly. the Case is also much wider than the corgeut case holder so there’s just too much slop. I’m going to get rid of the slop.

DesertAdventures

16/9/17
Realized the case holder posted here was for the Pagani case, sorry about the confusion anyone. Either way, I printed a 1.5mm thick ring 30mm id 32.6mm od and glued it to the back of the dial Edges. Printed a new movement holder from the first few posts but did it on my smaller nozzle and was very careful trimming it to fit. Now I’ve got a rock solid mount and it’s perfectly level! Works great. Time to make some more. I also took a few inches of .3mm kanthal wire I had and bent up a piece to fit in the caseback to provide a low friction surface. No issues there. Someday I’ll yank all the hands off this and freeze that 2pm dial like it should be.

Y Cymro

Getting To Know The Place
23/9/21
Sure thing... here is the STL. No guarantees... but it worked for me and my case.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6217860

@dacodo Thanks very much for the STL. I had it printed by someone advertising on eBay. I needed to file down the diameter fitting into the caseback of my Pagani case as it was a little tight, though that might have been the printing. I’m really pleased with the results

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
@dacodo Thanks very much for the STL. I had it printed by someone advertising on eBay. I needed to file down the diameter fitting into the caseback of my Pagani case as it was a little tight, though that might have been the printing. I’m really pleased with the results

Have you done something about the crown and clasp?
I was wondering about the options to have signed crowns and steel bracelets