• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Another Moonswatch metal case project

Pinion Minion

World Class Breaker of Movements
Patron
Certified
5/8/22
Texas
I went back and forth about the 2o freezing, but I will settle on letting it as is. With the metal case, it's nothing like the gen anyway. So let it be
I've had it both ways on several builds. I have not been doing it lately as I just didn't really notice the hand enough to bother me

Y Cymro

Getting To Know The Place
23/9/21
Have you done something about the crown and clasp?
I was wondering about the options to have signed crowns and steel bracelets
No, using the Pagani laser etched crown and the Geckota branded bracelet clasp. Because steel cased versions aren’t produced (yet perhaps) these mods aren’t replicas of anything, just a bit of fun and so I don’t mind using a mash up of parts to produce something that I like the look of. That said, if crowns and clasps were available I’d probably buy them. The Pagani crown is about 5.6mm diameter and the bracelet has a 16mm wide 2-button release clasp.

Reactions: Mat_w and Karbon74

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
No, using the Pagani laser etched crown and the Geckota branded bracelet clasp. Because steel cased versions aren’t produced (yet perhaps) these mods aren’t replicas of anything, just a bit of fun and so I don’t mind using a mash up of parts to produce something that I like the look of. That said, if crowns and clasps were available I’d probably buy them. The Pagani crown is about 5.6mm diameter and the bracelet has a 16mm wide 2-button release clasp.
what's the dimension of the links where the bracelet meets the clasp?

Y Cymro

Getting To Know The Place
23/9/21
what's the dimension of the links where the bracelet meets the clasp?
The Geckota clasp is a short length which makes it a comfortable to wear but possibly difficult to match with an Omega branded clasp - though a longer one would just mean removing more links. Its 18mm width

It might be more popular to locate a OG-branded clasp for the Pagani Speedmaster homage bracelet, as folk could buy that with the watch donor. It also has an 18mm wide fitting at the clasp, though the whole clasp mechanism will need to be replaced due to its design. At the fixed end of the bracelet, a 9.7mm male end link will be required (ie a clearance fit into a 10mm female end link) below.

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
The Geckota clasp is a short length which makes it a comfortable to wear but possibly difficult to match with an Omega branded clasp - though a longer one would just mean removing more links. Its 18mm width

It might be more popular to locate a OG-branded clasp for the Pagani Speedmaster homage bracelet, as folk could buy that with the watch donor. It also has an 18mm wide fitting at the clasp, though the whole clasp mechanism will need to be replaced due to its design. At the fixed end of the bracelet, a 9.7mm male end link will be required (ie a clearance fit into a 10mm female end link) below.

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! US $15.95 30% Off | 18mm 20mm Watch Accessories Buckle FOR Omega 007 Seamaster SPEEDMASTER Watch Strap Clash Solid Steel Folding Buckle Button

I think this might work

else, I saw this full bracelet

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! US $21.12 20% Off | 18mm 19mm 20mm 21mm 22mm Solid Stainless Steel For Omega Seamaster 300 speedmaster Strap DE VILLE Butterfly Buckle Bracelet

Beartooth

CREAM OF THE CROP
Patron
Certified
22/2/22
Nuclear sponge
Has anyone done a write-up on how to freeze the 2 O'clock chrono hand? I thought it was somewhere in the original thread but now I cant find it.

DesertAdventures

16/9/17
Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! US $15.95 30% Off | 18mm 20mm Watch Accessories Buckle FOR Omega 007 Seamaster SPEEDMASTER Watch Strap Clash Solid Steel Folding Buckle Button

I think this might work

else, I saw this full bracelet

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! US $21.12 20% Off | 18mm 19mm 20mm 21mm 22mm Solid Stainless Steel For Omega Seamaster 300 speedmaster Strap DE VILLE Butterfly Buckle Bracelet
The first guy only has the seamaster branded ones. I’ve been trying to find a good old style speedy one with no luck. The second option isn’t bad I just don’t like that style clasp.

Reactions: Karbon74

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
The first guy only has the seamaster branded ones. I’ve been trying to find a good old style speedy one with no luck. The second option isn’t bad I just don’t like that style clasp.
Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! US $33.98 51% Off | 20mm 22mm 316L Solid Stainless Steel Watch Band for Omega Speedmaster Seamaster 300 600 Planet Ocean Strap 007 Bracelet Apollo1

Reactions: MilleMiglia513

DesertAdventures

16/9/17
Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! US $33.98 51% Off | 20mm 22mm 316L Solid Stainless Steel Watch Band for Omega Speedmaster Seamaster 300 600 Planet Ocean Strap 007 Bracelet Apollo1
Lol Ive been trying to get a real picture out of that guy for weeks. He will only say “see the reviews“ so I have no idea what they look like. there’s no picture in the reviews.

Reactions: Karbon74

yokoyoko

Hilfloser
18/12/23
Germany
Bear with me, this is my first post here - apart from the welcome post. Also, this is my first watch, other than an Apple Watch. I actually wanted to find out more about omega reps and then came across dhgate moonswatch. Since the ~30€ is no risk and the feedback was good, I ordered these. I'm very happy for the price (but without knowing the gen). A short time later I discovered the fascinating metal housing project @dacodo and ordered all the parts on Ali. I was very scared but I did it. I'm quite satisfied so far, but I have a few questions for the pros:

- did you use the moonswatch chapter ring? I couldn't get it installed.

- biggest problem - movement holder... at first I thought that the vk63 holder would fit without the sunon holder, but that wasn't the case. I then tinkered with it and worked on it until it was scrap. my fault. then I used the original holder with the recommended 3m tape. However, I have the problem that when I mount the case back, the dial rotates a few degrees. To make matters worse, I didn't notice this straight away and I stuck the bezel slightly crooked 😢

All of this drives my sense of symmetry crazy 😉

do you have any ideas/suggestions for solutions? I live in Germany, are 3D printed movement holders still available for paying postage and donations? @Karbon74

and can I use acetone or similar to remove the glue under the bezel? remove and re-glue or would you rather Not take the Risk?

Sry for the very Long Post.

Caboose

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
27/2/15
CONUS
Good news, I've got some metal moonswatch builds coming out as I got so many requests for them. Not available just yet as I've got some bracelets in the mail, but will have listed soon in M2M.

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
Good news, I've got some metal moonswatch builds coming out as I got so many requests for them. Not available just yet as I've got some bracelets in the mail, but will have listed soon in M2M.

interested to know what bracelet you buy?