• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Another Moonswatch metal case project

Caboose

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
27/2/15
CONUS
can you post a pic of the spring shape please?

Here's the spring and potential replacement which is a aluminum ring that sits between the dial and the crystal in the plastic case. I have relocated to the caseback in the metal build.

Reactions: Karbon74

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
Maybe you should put it in a metal case?
woah. how original 😍
Tim And Eric Omg GIF

Caboose

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
27/2/15
CONUS
Also, has anyone dropped a gen ETA Caliber G10.212 in one of these? Looking to get info on hand size for the purposes of correctly functioning sub dials.

Reactions: Beartooth

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
cousinsUK lists

M .90 Hr 1.50 Sec .25 Sub .20
there is a thread on this somewhere
Seems that there are variants of this movement with diff functions of the subdials

The right model is the one that equips Swatch Irony Chrono watches

yokoyoko

Hilfloser
18/12/23
Germany
Hi, i received the movement holder, thx a Lot! But something seems Of with me case?
I use this one:

With the Movement holder i have a Like 1mm „air“ to each side. As this is the First Watch project Of mine - i have no Clue if this is supposed to be? Before i used the original holder and some 3m tape which fitted snugger.

Can you guys help me pls?

Reactions: Karbon74

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
Hi, i received the movement holder, thx a Lot! But something seems Of with me case?
I use this one:

With the Movement holder i have a Like 1mm „air“ to each side. As this is the First Watch project Of mine - i have no Clue if this is supposed to be? Before i used the original holder and some 3m tape which fitted snugger.

Can you guys help me pls?
look into the plastic rep case near the crystal.
there is a plastic ring
put it in the metal caseback.

screw the crown, put the caseback. Done.
don't forget the gasket of the caseback

Mind you, with these cheap cases, the bezel can be misaligned. It happened to me. I had to take out the bezel and align it.

Also, don't play with the crown too much. the case is not great. It might strip the thread.

about the case, there are a lot of makers, the internals can be a bit different.