• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Another Moonswatch metal case project

Caboose

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
27/2/15
CONUS
let's do that then. I am happy to act as your EU agent if there are enough takers later on.
Sounds good. Let's get a list going of people in the EU, and the quantity they want. For the US, I can handle on my end with USPS and will just post in M2M. Once we get a good amount in the EU I will package and you can distribute.

Caboose

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
27/2/15
CONUS
And here's the glamour shot pictured with an SDU-30 Distress Marker and a Luna Replicas band.

Caboose

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
27/2/15
CONUS
Ill take a few- what a great little treat!
Here's the M2M.

Caboose

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
27/2/15
CONUS
One more thing to note... I added to the back of the case a nice little wire spring usually used to attach bezels. It came with the case but I didn't notice it till now and I went ahead and installed it. For sure decent at keeping the movement from binding on the caseback so when you rotate the caseback you don't snap the crown or anything crazy!

DesertAdventures

16/9/17

Caboose

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
27/2/15
CONUS
I gotta try some of his. I grabbed a few true shutters off alix but they ended up being like $9 each after Black Friday coupons and discounts. Anyone know of a dsotm cheapo clone that would take the moon movement? That would look nice.
If the $9 shitters work with my movement holder, let me know. If not, would be happy to pick one up for $9 and give us some options!

DesertAdventures

16/9/17
If the $9 shitters work with my movement holder, let me know. If not, would be happy to pick one up for $9 and give us some options!
they were $24 before all the discounts but work fine. This is using Your holder, just trimmed up a little because my printer isn’t very calibrated. the case was such a poor color, posted the pic next to my gen mars for laughs.

Caboose

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
27/2/15
CONUS
they were $24 before all the discounts but work fine. This is using Your holder, just trimmed up a little because my printer isn’t very calibrated. the case was such a poor color, posted the pic next to my gen mars for laughs.
Glad to hear about the movement holder. I may need to add a chamfer to the bottom as your printer could have an elephant footing issues. That would be good for a V2 and I will make those changes! If it isn't the bottom that had issues, let me know!

DesertAdventures

16/9/17
Glad to hear about the movement holder. I may need to add a chamfer to the bottom as your printer could have an elephant footing issues. That would be good for a V2 and I will make those changes! If it isn't the bottom that had issues, let me know!
It was the bottom but it wouldn’t matter. I just haven’t put any work into really tuning settings, I print “good enough“ then give things a quick cleanup 😂 I make tons of little parts on an 8 yr old printer and have to scale prints to get them to line up with the dimensions I designed. Don’t worry about your model, I’m sure it’s fine!
I just want to know what people are using for rehauts. Maybe I’ll have to just print one of those too.

Caboose

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
27/2/15
CONUS
It was the bottom but it wouldn’t matter. I just haven’t put any work into really tuning settings, I print “good enough“ then give things a quick cleanup 😂 I make tons of little parts on an 8 yr old printer and have to scale prints to get them to line up with the dimensions I designed. Don’t worry about your model, I’m sure it’s fine!
I just want to know what people are using for rehauts. Maybe I’ll have to just print one of those too.
So I don't think you need a rehaut, you just need to make sure that little bezel spring is in the case back. That's what actually pushes the movement and holder right up flush to the case. If you don't have one of those you could make a flat leaf spring out of a scrap aluminum, literally just a 0.5x1cm piece of aluminum, folded over once.

DesertAdventures

16/9/17
So I don't think you need a rehaut, you just need to make sure that little bezel spring is in the case back. That's what actually pushes the movement and holder right up flush to the case. If you don't have one of those you could make a flat leaf spring out of a scrap aluminum, literally just a 0.5x1cm piece of aluminum, folded over once.
I have the Pagani case, it didn’t have any spring. My stem is coming in at an angle already and I need to space the movement back off the case a tiny bit. I threw it together late the other night without measuring anything so I’ll check it out, but I saw another user say they had a trimmed repair for their pagani build.

Caboose

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
27/2/15
CONUS
I have the Pagani case, it didn’t have any spring. My stem is coming in at an angle already and I need to space the movement back off the case a tiny bit. I threw it together late the other night without measuring anything so I’ll check it out, but I saw another user say they had a trimmed repair for their pagani build.
Take a look here...

See that spring? That's the ticket right there. It works great for two reasons:

1. When you screw on the caseback the movement holder will not rotate which is good because you don't want it turning and damaging the crown or anything, plus you've got the pushers which you don't want damaged
  2. The spring pushes up the whole movement + holder assembly to the rehaut so there is no gap and the assembly won't rattle
You could even make your own spring with a paperclip, although the thickness of this wire is 0.5mm, and a paperclip would be larger. I've actually ordered some spring steel wire to make custom springs for the caseback of this watch for people to ship out with the movement holders, so they don't have to solve this problem in case they choose to use the Pagani case!

Reactions: Mat_w

DesertAdventures

16/9/17
Take a look here...

See that spring? That's the ticket right there. It works great for two reasons:

1. When you screw on the caseback the movement holder will not rotate which is good because you don't want it turning and damaging the crown or anything, plus you've got the pushers which you don't want damaged
  2. The spring pushes up the whole movement + holder assembly to the rehaut so there is no gap and the assembly won't rattle
You could even make your own spring with a paperclip, although the thickness of this wire is 0.5mm, and a paperclip would be larger. I've actually ordered some spring steel wire to make custom springs for the caseback of this watch for people to ship out with the movement holders, so they don't have to solve this problem in case they choose to use the Pagani case!
The movement in mine doesn’t need to be pushed forward. It needs a few mm space away from the crystal to keep the stem from being at a big angle

Caboose

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
27/2/15
CONUS
The movement in mine doesn’t need to be pushed forward. It needs a few mm space away from the crystal to keep the stem from being at a big angle
Very interesting! So in that case you do want a rehaut piece to properly space the movement... In this case how would you feel about designing one for the pagani case? Pretty much a circle I would expect! Or if you have dimensions I am happy to provide the design. I don't have a pagani case to test on but if I did I would be all over this!

DesertAdventures

16/9/17
Very interesting! So in that case you do want a rehaut piece to properly space the movement... In this case how would you feel about designing one for the pagani case? Pretty much a circle I would expect! Or if you have dimensions I am happy to provide the design. I don't have a pagani case to test on but if I did I would be all over this!
I can design it I just didn’t want to put a printed piece in there, would like to find something cleaner. I’ve got enough projects already

Pinion Minion

World Class Breaker of Movements
Patron
Certified
5/8/22
Texas
I can design it I just didn’t want to put a printed piece in there, would like to find something cleaner. I’ve got enough projects already

many of the moonswatches come with a small spacer ring themselves- check and see if one is wedged in the plastic case. hopefully it will be enough.

Which case are you using?