• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ANDREW (TRUSTY) -- YOU NEED TO RESPOND HERE (Admin request)

Status
Not open for further replies.

swissaddict

Renowned Member
6/3/08
@LoS... if other members feel as I do, then they certainly do care about this issue. I have been hesitant to post anything, because I figured an avalanche of discussion in this thread from many members would muddy the important issues and make it less likely for Andrew to give an adequate response. But now I will add my opinion here.

RWI may not have the ability to protect bullied dealers, or to stop the ones who are doing the bullying. I believe RWI members account for a very, very small share of replica sales, even from our popular dealers. However, this particular thread is not about a greater mission of influencing major change in the market or reforming corrupt business practices; it is about taking a stand based on the belief that fair competition in the replica market is beneficial to our membership, and that the alleged practices are harmful to our membership.

So, I would like to have the allegations confirmed or denied by the accused. I think the open request for Andrew to 'respond to the allegations' is not direct enough; it leaves too much room for evasion.

I am now asking Andrew directly: Did you, or did you not contact Hont in the past two weeks? If so, what was the content of this communication? And did you, or did you not ask a factory/supplier to stop selling to Hont?

carnut

31/3/07
Just a thought....

If Andrew had enough control over the factories to prevent them selling to certain people why wouldn't he just tell the factories to raise the prices they are selling the watches at, instead of risking this and going straight to the dealers?

Whole thing seems weird.

subseeker

Renowned Member
Advisor
27/9/06
carnut said:
Just a thought....

If Andrew had enough control over the factories to prevent them selling to certain people why wouldn't he just tell the factories to raise the prices they are selling the watches at, instead of risking this and going straight to the dealers?

Whole thing seems weird.

Because if the factories were to raise the price, Andrew & Josh themselves would lose profit margin (remember? they are NOT the factories, but resellers, or "salesman")

carnut

31/3/07
I'm saying that if he had enough power that the makers were willing to lose sales couldn't he tell them to charge the smaller dealers more?

If I was the maker, I'd discount the watches to the dealers that sold the most. Walmart and your local hardware store pay very different prices for the same screwdriver.

subseeker

Renowned Member
Advisor
27/9/06
carnut said:
I'm saying that if he had enough power that the makers were willing to lose sales couldn't he tell them to charge the smaller dealers more?

If I was the maker, I'd discount the watches to the dealers that sold the most. Walmart and your local hardware store pay very different prices for the same screwdriver.

Instead of telling the dealers to charge different prices, they told the makers NOT TO SELL to small dealers at all.
Thus they keep the current market share and charge whatever they want.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
More proof here:
001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

horologie_unitas

Respected Member
3/12/06
for known reasons - in the open trading market, forming a cartel or a lobby.....has only one reason....becoming market leader....and being able to dictate

prices. thats why it is illegal by law....but this law does not apply in the illegal replica market. i dont want to know how many chinese mafia groups are

fighting and killing to take over this profitable market.

Andrew, are you the AL CAPONE of the replica watch market.....or at least try to be ?

Get rich or die tryin' !!

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
I wish it hadn't had to come to this.

Andrew. remember when I said this:

fakemaster said:
I want to see this worked out more than anyone believe me. But I want you to be the one to do it. I know you understand why I am saying that. You do know more than what you have said and the admin has extended an olive brach to you in the hopes that things can be resolved. This is one of those situations that will end up one of two ways. Either with with you clearing the air or with someone else clearing the air for you. The first will result in you taking a couple of lumps. The second I think will result in much more drastic action depending on what comes to light. I'm sure there's an explanation for what's going on . Help the admin out here.

I had gotten these transcripts from Hont. I wanted you to come clean rather than post them myself. Fortuantely T has saved me the trouble. Either way it's a damn shame. I guess it's pretty clear to everyone now. :(

Klink

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/3/06
Fortuantely T has saved me

advantage "T"

Life is Good!

Klink

:D

has anyone noticed the power curve?

seanf

Mythical Poster
Advisor
29/11/06
OK, Andrew. I can see that you're on the forum right now. And we would ask you, once again, to respond to these allegations.

Yannou

10/2/07
EU
LegendOfSpeed said:
This is not about telling people not to buy from this dealer... or that dealer.... it's not about enhancing the sales of one dealer over the other.... there is no benefit to RWI regardless of the dealer you give your money too....

This IS about the dealers who we list as trusted on this board treating you, the member, with respect... for some of us, this is only pocket money.... for others, it's a lot more...

irregardless of how much the money means to you, respect is priceless...

You deserve respect from these dealers... you deserve fair pricing.... you deserve to have problems taken care of in a reasonable way... you deserve a basic level of quality control...

My job on this board is to try to bring all of that to you... at least I thought it was... the community is telling me my job is to insure your continued access to watches, at whatever cost...

+1

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
dave123 said:
Dizzy said:
These arnt rumors and its been an ongoing issue for a long time.. Nobodys ever seemed to step up to the plate and call them on it. recently some solid proof has come into the light and after Dave123 from Repgeek publicly announced that some dealers cant get certain watches because of Andrew, its now fully out in the open, and now we the people need answers. Other dealers are AFRAID to give discounts on watches because they fear they will have their supplys cut off from the factories. We tried to get answers out of Dave123 and he just back pedeled and logged out of the forum and hasnt come back since... its out in the open now, so its not going to go away until its sorted out.

The investigation continues...

This is a complete lie,i have never said Andrew has done anything to anyone,please stop this twisting of words in this indeed 'witch hunt'....

I have never spoken to Andrew in my life and have no idea about his business.

Thanks and take care.

Not a witch hunt at all.. we are dealing with FACTS. ok sorry i ment "josh" not Andrew... Anyone who wishes, can go back and read the previous threads and see the original posts. Josh and Andrew are basicly attached at the hip and may as well be the same person in regards to this discussion. Thats why many people refer to them as "Jandrew"... Also Dave why do you defend these guys? They are threatening other dealers and its not just Hont.. they are also threatening other dealers on Repgeek and RWG.. I myself have no personal interest in their financial success so i couldnt case less what people say or if they get removed from the forums all together. Josh and Andrew have some of the highest prices on the forums AND they threaten other dealers... Yes poeple can choose who they buy from but thats not the point here....

WAFU Man

Getting To Know The Place
11/6/08
Guys - I'm afraid that if I was a dealer reading this thread, particulary one from SE Asia, I would be having a good chuckle at the 'round eyes' willingness to lose huge amounts of face over something that is, culturally to them, business as usual.

LegendofSpeed

Respected Member
4/5/06
WAFU Man said:
Guys - I'm afraid that if I was a dealer reading this thread, particulary one from SE Asia, I would be having a good chuckle at the 'round eyes' willingness to lose huge amounts of face over something that is, culturally to them, business as usual.

How do you know we are "round eyes"...

And nice to see the Australian Department of Defence dollars hard at work...

brtelec

Respected Member
Advisor
16/8/06
Phoenix
I don't give a good shit what they think of what we are saying or face. With the way they have been handling their business the laughing started long ago.

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
i believe most of the complaints are coming from dealers based in Asia... so its obviously an issue over there also and not culturally "correct" like you suggest.

jkwhyd

30/5/07
I have been reading this and related thread with interests. I applaud what the Admin is doing and I support them.

It seems to me that Andrew is trying to 'muscle' hont and the other dealers and that the Admin is standing up to him on that.

There are way too many opinions and conjectures on many people's part. I'll just keep on reading this thread and express my support for our Admin. Good job, fellows!

jk

308GTS

Getting To Know The Place
28/5/08
There are way too many opinions and conjectures on many people's part. I'll just keep on reading this thread and express my support for our Admin. Good job, fellows!

jk[/quote]

Dittos

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
WAFU Man said:

as admin here at rwi it is our job to do the best we can at taking care of our membership. allowing dealers that we have given the opportunity to sell on this site to strong arm the other dealers and artificially increase prices is something we will not do. if you think for one minute we are more worried about how we look than we our about our membership you are wrong sir. this is our job and we will do it, being given the opportunity to sell on this forum is a privilege not a right and we will not turn a blind eye to this and just let it go. do you honestly think i care if the dealers are laughing at me? what i care about is the dealers laughing at you and the rest of our membership because we stand by and let them do this. you want to be manipulated? ok, that is up to you but we are not going to condone these practices.

Status
Not open for further replies.