• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

“Deep” crystals for Rolex - a pictorial

Kaer

Known Member
11/10/22
Italy
It’s directly from Patrick. It’s Deep. I don’t know what you want me to say about the quality.

Patrick is a forum vendor.

TMISHION Watch Bezel Opener - Professional Watch Bezel Opener Removal Tool Watch Parts Repair Tool for Watchmaker, Workbench Back Case Opener Tool Watch, Watch Parts Repair Accessory https://a.co/d/0R3ksjZ

Professional 13 Piece Watch Press Set - Watch Back Press - Watch Back Case Closer Include 12 Dies with Metal Inserts (Blue) https://a.co/d/hccKUUI
Hello, about Clean bezel it is already good? Or swpping xtal it is better to change also bezel? Do you know if without spending a fortune for a gen bezel there is a cheaper option which gives an improved result? Or as I read bezel Clean is very good and I can let it? Thanks

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
Hello, about Clean bezel it is already good? Or swpping xtal it is better to change also bezel? Do you know if without spending a fortune for a gen bezel there is a cheaper option which gives an improved result? Or as I read bezel Clean is very good and I can let it? Thanks
Please read and make your own decision:

Kaer

Known Member
11/10/22
Italy
Please read and make your own decision:

Thanks but this seems to me talks about another watch and not dj36.

By the way Patrick proposed me this bezel for 100$ shipped:

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
Thanks but this seems to me talks about another watch and not dj36.

By the way Patrick proposed me this bezel for 100$ shipped:
Sorry, wrong post.

Here is the DJ41 bezel.

Kaer

Known Member
11/10/22
Italy
Hello thanks.

About deep xtal I've read conflicting opinions: has anyone who replaced Clean xtal with deep xtal noticed an improvement?

APlover_JFbankaccount

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
2/1/23
New York
I changed out both. I have a clean dj41 and the bezel with xtal upgrade is far superior to the original. You could find a gen bezel, nothing rep is better than gen, however it is solid white gold and you will pay quite a bit for it.

RoXeW22

Getting To Know The Place
Supporter
Certified
27/6/22
Hello thanks.

About deep xtal I've read conflicting opinions: has anyone who replaced Clean xtal with deep xtal noticed an improvement?
What are you trying to resolve or accomplish with this new crystal? I'm a little confused. Do you want a new bezel because you're unhappy with your DJ bezel? A Deep Crystal will be an improvement over your existing crystal almost 90% of the time.

Kup1712

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
20/1/21
Hello thanks.

Yes, on black or darker dial it is an improvement..white is almost the same

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
Will it be correct to say the Deep crystals are the best next to gens?
How's their AR and cyclops quality? Do they give the right magnification with the rep gaskets?

Kaer

Known Member
11/10/22
Italy
What are you trying to resolve or accomplish with this new crystal? I'm a little confused. Do you want a new bezel because you're unhappy with your DJ bezel? A Deep Crystal will be an improvement over your existing crystal almost 90% of the time.
I still have to order my rep. I'd decided to buy Clean dj36.
I know that biggest flaw of Clean is crystal. So I think to swap it with deep crystal. But someone argues that to have a tangible improvement it is better to replace it with the gen xtal. Hence my doubts. Deep xtal can be good or not?
Dial color of my rep is blue or silver.
With the xtal I was thinking of changing the bezel as well with plated bezel.

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
I still have to order my rep. I'd decided to buy Clean dj36.
I know that biggest flaw of Clean is crystal. So I think to swap it with deep crystal. But someone argues that to have a tangible improvement it is better to replace it with the gen xtal. Hence my doubts. Deep xtal can be good or not?
Dial color of my rep is blue or silver.
With the xtal I was thinking of changing the bezel as well with plated bezel.
For the price, Deep is excellent. But gen will always be gen (including gen price). Up to you to determine the worth. For me? $40 for a Deep crystal is a no brainer and much improved over the stock CF. The difference between Deep and gen is not worth it to me, but is for others.

Reactions: RoXeW22

Kaer

Known Member
11/10/22
Italy
For the price, Deep is excellent. But gen will always be gen (including gen price). Up to you to determine the worth. For me? $40 for a Deep crystal is a no brainer and much improved over the stock CF. The difference between Deep and gen is not worth it to me, but is for others.

Yes these evaluations are very personal...
Last Clean and VSF reps have very good quality. If I will decide for deep crystal I hope to can see something better that stock CF, I' not sure, at worst I would have spent only 40$ !

Kup1712

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
20/1/21
Last Clean and VSF reps have very good quality. If I will decide for deep crystal I hope to can see something better that stock CF, I' not sure, at worst I would have spent only 40$ !
I had both vsf and cf dj36. Vsf is not bad but deep is better. Cf is compared to vsf bad and against deep really bad. The difference between crystals is noticable in real life, on the photos you can't capture it. Just spend few € on deep,10min of your time for installation and enjoy the result. :)

Reactions: rwiusernoob

Kaer

Known Member
11/10/22
Italy
I had both vsf and cf dj36. Vsf is not bad but deep is better. Cf is compared to vsf bad and against deep really bad. The difference between crystals is noticable in real life, on the photos you can't capture it. Just spend few € on deep,10min of your time for installation and enjoy the result. :)
Ok thanks for your comment.
With deep crystal I think to spend other 100$ for plated bezel from Patrick to obtain a light mod.

Space Man

Getting To Know The Place
23/5/22
Houston, Texas
I’m agreed with this.

I put (had put) a Deep Crystal into a Daytona with a White Dial, and noticed a difference … substantial enough that I would do it again / would do it with any watch dial.

Everything just became clearer, brighter, and the color was better.

Reactions: Tiger4

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
Where does this $40 come from? Even at deep's website it is $80
So it is a definite worthy swap in the case of ZF Subs I guess?