• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

“Deep” crystals for Rolex - a pictorial

cyprusdaedalus

Wannabe Watchmaker
Certified
16/4/22
Can anyone chime in if the 114060 (40mm) no-date xtal will fit a 124060 (41mm) no date?

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
Two more Deeps installed this afternoon.

They make a huge difference on CF Daytonas.

Last edited:
Reactions: mariot

Jan2894

Getting To Know The Place
1/2/23
Spain
Hi! I saw that Steve is selling deep cristals, is that right? Did anybody ask him to change it? Appreciate it!

Seadwellermike

Proud RWI Supporter
Banned
Certified
Does that matter? Can you tell if something is .1-.2mm in any direction?

If the gen crystal fits in a rep crystal gasket then it’s close enough.

As far as height and chamfer: they vary in the GENs depending on the gasket used and the generation of Gen. Since there are variations, which is correct?

So the rep could be exact cope of one, and not close to another. Who’s to say which is right or more “closer to gen” when the gen itself changes?

Reactions: mhrboy

Th4ySoN

FailingToGetOutOfRepsGuy
Gold Patron
Certified
8/5/20
UK
Deep for Daydate did not impressed
Not kept on the watch

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
Deep for Daydate did not impressed
Not kept on the watch
what did you not like about it? Or did it just not live up to expectations? What factory is the DD from?

cyprusdaedalus

Wannabe Watchmaker
Certified
16/4/22
@cyprusdaedalus @KJ2020 I think @alvinado can shed a light on it as he tried all diff combo.

Cousins gasket are good in case you hold a Noob, but on CF and BTF they are not necessary for, iirc, the gasket is translucent and 2.2mm tall
@SuperLory was correct and the Cousins gasket were the same height as the CF V2 gasket. I didn't take out my V3 gaskets to confirm those heights but again, this V2 was sitting high with the Deep xtal (and my two V3's sat at the correct height). I purchased 3 gaskets from @KJ2020 's link to Cousins. They arrived today.

I measured stock CF V2 gasket at 2.28 and the cousins at 2.27 out of the box.

I used some 400 grit sandpaper and inset the unused original CF crystal into the gasket to give it some strength and to keep it's form when rubbing it down. Used a mix of circles and straight lines stopping every 15 seconds to check measurements. Took 3 spurts of sanding (so like 45 seconds in total) with minimal force on it. Go slow and check so you don't remove too much material. Took the Cousin's gasket down to 2.23 and reinstalled. Seems to have done the trick and now visually matches the CF 116500 V3's height spot on to my eyes.

Before - Stock CF V2 gasket + deep xtal = sitting high:

Stock CF V2 Dims:

Stock Cousin's Gasket Dims:

Shaving down the gasket using original xtal for structure + 400 grit sandpaper:

End cousins gasket shaved down dimension:

CF V2 w/Modified Cousins 2.23 gasket top + Deep Xtal, CF V3 + Deep Xtal Bottom:

CF V2 w/Modified Cousins 2.23 gasket Right (116519) + Deep Xtal, CF V3 + Deep Xtal Left (116500):

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
@SuperLory was correct and the Cousins gasket were the same height as the CF V2 gasket. I didn't take out my V3 gaskets to confirm those heights but again, this V2 was sitting high with the Deep xtal (and my two V3's sat at the correct height). I purchased 3 gaskets from @KJ2020 's link to Cousins. They arrived today.

I measured stock CF V2 gasket at 2.28 and the cousins at 2.27 out of the box.

I used some 400 grit sandpaper and inset the unused original CF crystal into the gasket to give it some strength and to keep it's form when rubbing it down. Used a mix of circles and straight lines stopping every 15 seconds to check measurements. Took 3 spurts of sanding (so like 45 seconds in total) with minimal force on it. Go slow and check so you don't remove too much material. Took the Cousin's gasket down to 2.23 and reinstalled. Seems to have done the trick and now visually matches the CF 116500 V3's height spot on to my eyes.

Before - Stock CF V2 gasket + deep xtal = sitting high:

Stock CF V2 Dims:

Stock Cousin's Gasket Dims:

Shaving down the gasket using original xtal for structure + 400 grit sandpaper:

End cousins gasket shaved down dimension:

CF V2 w/Modified Cousins 2.23 gasket top + Deep Xtal, CF V3 + Deep Xtal Bottom:

CF V2 w/Modified Cousins 2.23 gasket Right (116519) + Deep Xtal, CF V3 + Deep Xtal Left (116500):
Nice work and great pics!

Reactions: cyprusdaedalus