• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

“Deep” crystals for Rolex - a pictorial

comebackstory

I'm Unknown!!
9/5/23
USA
Are these worth swapping over for the stock VSF DJ41 xtal? I was going to go with the deep bezel and wasn't sure if it was worth getting the xtal from them as well.

RolliRoll

Still New
Supporter
Certified
10/11/18
EU
So has anyone ordered a crystal/bezel from xing_patrick to Europe?

Is it safe due to customs and the new import tax law or can the crystal be shipped to a TD (read about JTime?) and he ships it in the same package as the watch bought via the same TD?

Thanks for your input!

Kup1712

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
20/1/21
So has anyone ordered a crystal/bezel from xing_patrick to Europe?

Is it safe due to customs and the new import tax law or can the crystal be shipped to a TD (read about JTime?) and he ships it in the same package as the watch bought via the same TD?

Thanks for your input!
I ordered few weeks back and the shiping was spot on, no problem with customs (shipped via germany and with tracking number). Unfortunately was one crystal with burned black fingerprints on the inner side of the crystal - @xingpatrick was a true gentleman and I will get a replacement crystal for the one that it was “damaged”.

RolliRoll

Still New
Supporter
Certified
10/11/18
EU
I ordered few weeks back and the shiping was spot on, no problem with customs (shipped via germany and with tracking number). Unfortunately was one crystal with burned black fingerprints on the inner side of the crystal - @xingpatrick was a true gentleman and I will get a replacement crystal for the one that it was “damaged”.
Thanks for sharing your experience, sounds like I‘m good to order as well.

ombre

So Young...So Naive
Supporter
Certified
13/5/16
Patrick says BTF does not use Deep crystals.
Who makes the BTF Crystals? There is a difference in the edge profile of deep crystals vs the stock BT crystals.

Kaer

Known Member
11/10/22
Italy
Hi all, I have to buy a Clean datejust 36 Fluted Bezel and Jubilee Bracelet. I know that crylstal of Clean is not so good, so I'd like to change it. Jtime offered me a deep crystal for 78$ + 35$ for installation. This "deep" crystal is good as Clark? I understand that a gen crystal is about $300, how is this option good value?
Another doubt: maybe is better first to buy the rep and the parts and then to do the swap?
I intend to change the dial as well (if I find some valid solution at reasonable prices) and perhaps also the bezel.

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
Hi all, I have to buy a Clean datejust 36 Fluted Bezel and Jubilee Bracelet. I know that crylstal of Clean is not so good, so I'd like to change it. Jtime offered me a deep crystal for 78$ + 35$ for installation. This "deep" crystal is good as Clark? I understand that a gen crystal is about $300, how is this option good value?
Another doubt: maybe is better first to buy the rep and the parts and then to do the swap?
I intend to change the dial as well (if I find some valid solution at reasonable prices) and perhaps also the bezel.
Deep > Clark (I have both). Do yourself a favor and buy the tools to change the crystal yourself. The crystal from Patrick directly is around $40 and the tools to install can be had for $60ish. If you ever plan to do another crystal install, you’ll have saved yourself some money and feel a little more accomplished doing it yourself. It’s easy.

Kaer

Known Member
11/10/22
Italy
Deep > Clark (I have both). Do yourself a favor and buy the tools to change the crystal yourself. The crystal from Patrick directly is around $40 and the tools to install can be had for $60ish. If you ever plan to do another crystal install, you’ll have saved yourself some money and feel a little more accomplished doing it yourself. It’s easy.
I've never done this before. Are you sure it's not necessary to have some experience to be able to do it without causing damage? Is there a video that shows how to do it?
Where can I buy this tool ?

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
I've never done this before. Are you sure it's not necessary to have some experience to be able to do it without causing damage? Is there a video that shows how to do it?
Where can I buy this tool ?
I did it for the first time a month or two ago. First time took me 10 minutes. 2nd time under 5 mins. Subs and GMTs are a little different but Daytonas and Datejusts/DayDates are easy.

There should be tutorials on RWI. Use a bezel removal tool and the crystal will come off with the bezel. Swap the gasket to the new crystal, align the cyclops, and press the bezel back on with a crystal press. I bought my tools on Amazon.

Kaer

Known Member
11/10/22
Italy
I did it for the first time a month or two ago. First time took me 10 minutes. 2nd time under 5 mins. Subs and GMTs are a little different but Daytonas and Datejusts/DayDates are easy.

There should be tutorials on RWI. Use a bezel removal tool and the crystal will come off with the bezel. Swap the gasket to the new crystal, align the cyclops, and press the bezel back on with a crystal press. I bought my tools on Amazon.
Are you sure crystal of 40$ has some quality of deep crystal of Jtime whick costs about double price? However I have to add another shipping cost for it.
How can I contact Patrick?
Please could you give link of your tool?

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
Are you sure crystal of 40$ has some quality of deep crystal of Jtime whick costs about double price? However I have to add another shipping cost for it.
How can I contact Patrick?
Please could you give link of your tool?
It’s directly from Patrick. It’s Deep. I don’t know what you want me to say about the quality.

Patrick is a forum vendor.

TMISHION Watch Bezel Opener - Professional Watch Bezel Opener Removal Tool Watch Parts Repair Tool for Watchmaker, Workbench Back Case Opener Tool Watch, Watch Parts Repair Accessory https://a.co/d/0R3ksjZ

Professional 13 Piece Watch Press Set - Watch Back Press - Watch Back Case Closer Include 12 Dies with Metal Inserts (Blue) https://a.co/d/hccKUUI

Reactions: Kaer