• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

“Deep” crystals for Rolex - a pictorial

xing_david

Known Member
Supporting Vendor
14/3/23
California
Apologies, rather he said he can't remove the gasket without destroying it and wants to know what gasket to use. Does anybody know the height? 29.5x0.55mmx2.5mm is what I'm looking at
2.5mm should work. I'm working on getting these :)

Peter72

Do not accept unsolicited offers
25/8/23
What I don't understand: some dealers are waterproofing watches as an extra, but haven't heard that for the crystal... It's there a TD who does it reliably?

Looking for a CF V3 Daytona.

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
What I don't understand: some dealers are waterproofing watches as an extra, but haven't heard that for the crystal... It's there a TD who does it reliably?

Steve does.

Reactions: Peter72

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22

Historically, Steve will install this for you but best to check with him directly.

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
@xing_david I saw on a certain telegram chat that there is Deep crystal for 36 Explorer.... is this true? I haven't heard anything about it

Seadwellermike

Proud RWI Supporter
Banned
Certified

Anyone promising a replica to be waterproof would be remiss.

The best we can do is test and tell you where it fails or passes, lubricate seals and ensure things are installed properly.

I will never GUARANTEE any yep from water ingress, and some may be comfortable gluing gaskets to crystals etc, but I never will.

Some reps rock under water, some don’t. Is what it is.

damocles

Renowned Member
Certified
21/12/15
Did more Daytona's today. For some reason the V2 116519 xtal swapped w/Deep sits higher than on either of my V3's. The deep xtal is .4mm different in height compared to CF V2 xtal. Not sure if that is what is causing the final discrepency in height between both of the installs? Gasket height might've changed from V2 to V3? (Maybe @KJ2020 can chime in on this? If it makes sense the V2 is taller, could I sand it down with fine sandpaper to adjust the height downward?)

Didn't remove the movement on either of these installs. It's simple and straightforward but I had to redo each bezel aligned 2-3x's as there was slight shifts in it when pressing down. Also - when in doubt tape up the case and put protective cloths in between each side of the press so you don't marr any surfaces!

Before:

Taped up for protection:

116500LN Clean Factor V3 + Deep xtal:

Sorry for bumping an old post. Sir why is your clean 116500 v3 subdial so shiny? I haven't seen mine with that kind of shine in any angle or lighting, it looks more matte on mine.

germanynrw

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
5/11/22
Germany
Hey guys, where I can get a deep xtal for a daytona. I can‘t reach xing in tg.
Thanks

draagondog

Getting To Know The Place
Supporter
Certified
2/12/18
I have Deep 36 mm crystal for my ARF v3 116234 and it makes a big difference from stock and well worth the upgrade. My only issue is getting the bezel to fit with the crystal, the crystal is thicker. If anyone has any pointers to get the bezel on please let me know. BTW I also purchased his bezel and it is also a pretty good upgrade. The platinum plating give off a softer hue than the ARF.

tonsel

Do not accept unsolicited offers
7/6/13
Hi - do you have 42mm yachtmaster crystals - ref. 226659? Thanks