• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

“Official Thread†HBB V6 Evolution – Compilation of data (pics)

Pao21

Known Member
8/10/12
I'm finally a few days away from getting my V6! :)

Just a few more questions regarding Loctite and tightening of screws.

1. Which screws in V6 Hublots do I have to tighten?

2. Regarding application of Loctite 222 to screws, do you just put it in the bezel screws? Or do I have to put Loctite in all screws?

3. For those who applied Loctite already, just in case you need to remove the screws again (ie. for modding or servicing), is it easy to take out with the Loctite?

4. And lastly, I'm having trouble looking for Loctite 222 in my country. Is there any suitable substitute for it? Is there any other brand or product that does the same thing? If there's no good substitute, then I guess I'll have to look online.

Thanks to all!

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
I'm getting the old one with numerals! Hmm you're right, but this picture online spurred me to get the black with red stitching! How does it look to you??

My advice
Wait for receiving your watch. Wear it. Admire it ... and if you think you need another strap buy it.
This watch is awesome with the tyre type strap. And this is the most confortabe of Hublot straps. I have mine like that from the beginning.
Spend your money in another rep. For a few more of such strap cost you could get a PAM Super rep.

Concerning QC pics I understand, it is your first rep and you are nervous and excited ... but we nedd to be more serious about the observed flaws...
In this way people get tired with you when you post QC pics. Believe me
Just an advice

ALE

nige76

31/8/10
V6 caseback

Trying to decide on a V6,

I've looked around and the all black I'm looking at seems to have a the engraving Hublot Geneve on the caseback but many pictures of gen's (the ones I can find) have the engraving Hublot Bigbang and some have the words limited edition at 3 and 6 and often a number like 213/250.

http://www.torobravos.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=34_70&product_id=661

http://puretime.co/published/public...C/products_pictures/HBB-2012-01-17-05_enl.jpg

I'm looking for some expert help to understand how close to gen the casebacks are.

Can anyone offer some advice?

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Should the All black II have the words limited edition on the it?

Some casebacks seems to say Hublot Geneve while others seem to have Hublot BigBang and Limited edition

http://www.torobravos.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=34_70&product_id=661

Anyone know if there where several versions of the gen made?

Trying to decide on a V6,

I've looked around and the all black I'm looking at seems to have a the engraving Hublot Geneve on the caseback but many pictures of gen's (the ones I can find) have the engraving Hublot Bigbang and some have the words limited edition at 3 and 6 and often a number like 213/250.

http://puretime.co/published/publicdata/PTWWEBASYST/attachments/SC/products_pictures/HBB-2012-01-17-05_enl.jpg

I'm looking for some expert help to understand how close to gen the casebacks are.

Can anyone offer some advice?

Experts don't know all about all watches and every detail.
They need search in the net to get gen pics, make comparisons and decide.
Just what you should make by yourself !
I had already seen your last post in the same way.

If you don't get reply to your posts try to understand why

Sorry to be so clear

ALE

stud93

Getting To Know The Place
14/4/13
My advice
Wait for receiving your watch. Wear it. Admire it ... and if you think you need another strap buy it.
This watch is awesome with the tyre type strap. And this is the most confortabe of Hublot straps. I have mine like that from the beginning.
Spend your money in another rep. For a few more of such strap cost you could get a PAM Super rep.

Concerning QC pics I understand, it is your first rep and you are nervous and excited ... but we nedd to be more serious about the observed flaws...
In this way people get tired with you when you post QC pics. Believe me
Just an advice

ALE

Yeah I learnt that about QC pics when I got my comments for them, thank you for being so patient with me! It's really nice of you :) yeah the strap is expensive :( I think I shall use the tire strap first and then decide if I want a new one! You've been very helpful so far, thank you very much for your time and patience ale! God bless! :)

V

nige76

31/8/10
Experts don't know all about all watches and every detail.
They need search in the net to get gen pics, make comparisons and decide.
Just what you should make by yourself !
I had already seen your last post in the same way.

If you don't get reply to your posts try to understand why

Sorry to be so clear

ALE

ALE

Harsh but fair!

I'm no noob, and I have done some searching the challenge seems to be that Hublot have made lots of different casebacks for the BigBang over the years, and especially difficult as the all black with numerals isn't produced any more. Many of the pics don't show the caseback clearly.

No worries I'll keep looking but just wanted to check no one here had the answer already.

Regards

Nige

phoucku

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/11/12
Almost all of the v6's bezel teeth on the side have 7 rows and all the pics of the gen hublot I have seem have 5 rows instead of 7. Is there any model of gen hublot have the bezel teeth like the v6's?

We have nothing on this subject?

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
We have nothing on this subject?

We were waiting for guru's opinion, but I have not get it yet.
At the level of current replicas it is a flaw IMO

For your info my HBB SS/Ceramic V1 has 5 row, HBB SS/Ceramic V6 has 7 rows, HBB Ice Bang V1.5 has 7 rows, Black Magic V6 7 rows, SS/SS V6 has no rows...

Anyway, no one will count the rows of your HBB bezel...LOL....

ALE

phoucku

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/11/12
Your prob right ALE, just something I noticed and can't find any subject on the matter. I have crazy ocd when it comes to stuff like this. Hopefully when they ever decide to make the V6 even better maybe they can address this small issue too.

guru

Advisor
Advisor
Certified
30/9/06
We were waiting for guru's opinion, but I have not get it yet.
At the level of current replicas it is a flaw IMO

For your info my HBB SS/Ceramic V1 has 5 row, HBB SS/Ceramic V6 has 7 rows, HBB Ice Bang V1.5 has 7 rows, Black Magic V6 7 rows, SS/SS V6 has no rows...

Anyway, no one will count the rows of your HBB bezel...LOL....

ALE

ok, just forgot about it.
the v6 and also the latest other versions have all 7 rows.
I checked my old and very expansive V1s, they have 5.....just check the pics

HBBRG4sale004.jpg

HBB1.jpg

HBB005.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hahahanono

Getting To Know The Place
20/3/13
Hi ALE and guru, I have finally save up for Hublot V6 SS/Cer evo, I have only 1 question left, does the watch last, i mean can it last up for 4 5 years with out problem?

Cee

Renowned Member
1/6/11
Not sure if it has been discussed, but the V6 factory have improved all CF dial cut outs (much cleaner and deeper) and the chrono hand seems to be slightly thinner too.

BIBIRHUM

Known Member
9/4/13
Not sure if it has been discussed, but the V6 factory have improved all CF dial cut outs (much cleaner and deeper) and the chrono hand seems to be slightly thinner too.
Thus, normally of better quality?
You were already able to see one v7?

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Not much on v7 or then I was not able to translate...

Thus, normally of better quality?
You were already able to see one v7?

And you continue without reading the thread

Just in the FIRST post about in line 13th you can read:

ATTENTION: Some dealers are calling V7 a old models with old mouvements in order to fight against V6 launching, but it is a commercial gimmick. These HBB V7 are not better than V6 just are different models and different versions

You have read nothing
You should be less lazy if you want to continue in this hobby

ALE

BIBIRHUM

Known Member
9/4/13
It is not at all a question of laziness!
I am French and I did not find information with regard to(compared with) V7 in the corner French!
That is why I look for information on the English corner!
Unfortunately, certain persons do not write correctly and I cannot translate...