• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JF 21J Frozen Chrono Daytonas

shotgun

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
5/6/12
EU
+1

The nembo does NOT accept a Gen crystal or ANY AFTERMARKET Crystal that is designed to replace a gen crystal ! I have modded several , THE ONLY crystal that will fit is a older BP Sub 16610 type that is press in type with a totally different gasket design ,AND then you have to remove the date cyclops ! the gen crystal gasket design wont work either .. and to find a old BP Sub 16610 crystal by it self is next to impossible , I just had 2 in my pile of rep watch parts left over from builds so trying to mod a Nembo is a small money pit and not worth it in the end , as they say "You can put a silk hat on a pig,but its still a pig"

+1000000000000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnWorks

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/2/12
Do you guys know if the sub dials on 3&9 work as a day counter like in nembo daytonas? Or are they fixed like the chrono hands?

D

d4m.test

[MENTION=3148]watchguyusa1[/MENTION] you would go with this over a 7750 even with movement mod correct? Just trying to decide if this is worth the money, as it appears a Noob w/ 4130 may be a pipe dream, at least for the near future

botsyboy

Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
Do you guys know if the sub dials on 3&9 work as a day counter like in nembo daytonas? Or are they fixed like the chrono hands?

I don't think anything moves but counting seconds at 6. It is only a basic 3 hand movement from what I'm lead to beleive

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

vpn00786

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
15/8/15
Nembo vs JF debate is just getting out of hand. If you want a cheap budget watch go with the nembo. If you want a little more finer detail and hopefully a gen spec case, go with the JF. I personally would buy the JF version any day.

Now on to the big question, If this case is 1:1 and the crown height is like gen, theoretically it should accept gen 4130 movement, correct?
Now it might need a movement holder but that can be made with some T&E.

I guess the only way to know is to buy and try it. The only thing that is keeping me away from this watch is the SEL. They are not as tight as id like them to be. You can see minor gaps in certain pictures.

watchguyusa1

I'm Pretty Popular
1/10/06
Boca Raton Florida USA
@watchguyusa1 you would go with this over a 7750 even with movement mod correct? Just trying to decide if this is worth the money, as it appears a Noob w/ 4130 may be a pipe dream, at least for the near future

The 7750's are just way to thick when compare to the gen , I stop wearing my 7750 once I started to see how much thinner the gen looks in the flesh ,no joke , I swear the gen looks HALF as thick !!

I dont think the NOOB 4130 project will ever materialize IMHO .... I hope I'm wrong

I have spoken to a few dealers and some very close to the makers about the 4130 clone project and they have heard NOTHING about it , I think it's just rumors / urban legend? I know it's possible but might not be economically viable to the makers point of view ? we are already at $300 (should be $250-275 IMHO) for a high quality JF daytona with a $30 movement so add another $300-$350 for the clone 4130? IDK thats $650 or possibly $700 ! for the complete watch?

I ordered this JF already and it should be shipping today or tomorrow from China.. I'm excited !

watchguyusa1

I'm Pretty Popular
1/10/06
Boca Raton Florida USA

if its like the Nembo then you have to use the pushers to reset the hands to straight up position every day , but I know another member froze the hands at 3 & 9 counters so its possible to freeze those hand also, whether or not the makers froze all 3 hands while they had there fingers in the movement ? IDK

The only thing that is keeping me away from this watch is the SEL. They are not as tight as id like them to be. You can see minor gaps in certain pictures.

although the gaps look big on the computer screen ,the gap will be reduced many times as the actual watch is about 1/10 the size as on the computer screen ! LOL

shotgun

Patron
Certified
5/6/12
EU
I ordered one too ... excited !!

D

d4m.test

Please post pics when you get it!

lukko

Supporter
Certified
20/11/12
Italy
I don't think anything moves but counting seconds at 6. It is only a basic 3 hand movement from what I'm lead to beleive

9 and 3 subdial to me works both. See movement pics. And even more precisely on this photo you can see that the pusher at 4 o'clock is unscrewed, and the pusher is pressed once ... in fact you can see that the little hands at 3 o'clock subdial is not centered, but it did the first click to the right (calendar function of this movement)

93566995109456f4ed46fa0e762601eb.jpg

da9b786cfacafe5bb507c1c50db1097c.jpg

Now on to the big question, If this case is 1:1 and the crown height is like gen, theoretically it should accept gen 4130 movement, correct?
Now it might need a movement holder but that can be made with some T&E.

I do not really think that this case would accept this gen 4130 movement

I dont think the NOOB 4130 project will ever materialize IMHO .... I hope I'm wrong

I have spoken to a few dealers and some very close to the makers about the 4130 clone project and they have heard NOTHING about it , I think it's just rumors / urban legend?

Exactly like me mate. I have asked many dealers and not one of them has heard nothing about this mysterious clone 4130, much less on a new daytona Noob. I think this is just rumors...

D

d4m.test

Too bad to hear on the 4130 Noob.

I was was wanting a working Chrono but thinking about it, the sub c is a time only watch for around the same price. It's probably a more accurate rep, but it's still a time only rep with flaws, so when you think about it it's not too bad

botsyboy

Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
If this is going to need the chrono dials resetting all the time then this is joke!!!! That would make it a no buy at this price!!! They should freeze all dials except running 6!!

Deepsea4life

Known Member
14/11/13
If this is going to need the chrono dials resetting all the time then this is joke!!!! That would make it a no buy at this price!!! They should freeze all dials except running 6!!

+++

I think this just changed my mind. Pfft.

easfarmers

20/11/15
Yeah bummer about the subdials. Can anyone who has the watch let us know if it the subdials besides the 6 really move or not? Thanks!

junior watchmaker

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Certified
23/8/07
Hello. Just got my QC pics on the white and black. Both have the 12 and 3 not centered. I guess it's a calendar movement and need to reset them everyday...which I think I'm ok with. Anyway, aside from the SEL fit which I wish were better, it looks great. I accepted.

Mattew

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/4/12
I wish clone of 4130 will be completed soon!

shotgun

Patron
Certified
5/6/12
EU
Hello. Just got my QC pics on the white and black. Both have the 12 and 3 not centered. I guess it's a calendar movement and need to reset them everyday...which I think I'm ok with. Anyway, aside from the SEL fit which I wish were better, it looks great. I accepted.

Please pictures!!