• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JF 21J Frozen Chrono Daytonas

starman351

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/2/10
Nembo daytonas are not $150 mate. They are only $130.

It depends on the individual as its a give and take.

I can live with the wrong details on it due to its price-point. The thicker markers, crown guards, crown and button pusher has never bothered me at all. I used to own the gen for a short while, the differences are minute from a distance. Heck, a brand new nembo looks better than a 10 year old used genuine daytona. The biggest giveaway is not the dial or crown guards, but rather, the bezel and the mineral glass. The proportion for the nembo is wrong as compared to the gen. But I wont ask for more given its price point. I fix the terrible polish with some cape-cod and it aids in the shine.

One of my wife's friends was wearing a Daytona. I said "nice watch is that a Daytona" she said "it was my dad's I could never afford a Rolex". (a true statement judging by what she did for a living.) In any case she shows it to me and it was plain to see it was a cheap Nembo. From a bit of a distance I was fooled based on the thickness of the watch. It took a not so close look to tell it was a fake and I have never owned a real one.

The Nembos are cheap and they look it. But they are fun for the price.

Now if she had on one of these new JFs I would have been convinced her dad had left her a Daytona in his will...

That's my $0.02....

lukko

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
20/11/12
Italy
One of my wife's friends was wearing a Daytona. I said "nice watch is that a Daytona" she said "it was my dad's I could never afford a Rolex". (a true statement judging by what she did for a living.) In any case she shows it to me and it was plain to see it was a cheap Nembo. From a bit of a distance I was fooled based on the thickness of the watch. It took a not so close look to tell it was a fake and I have never owned a real one.

The Nembos are cheap and they look it. But they are fun for the price.

Now if she had on one of these new JFs I would have been convinced her dad had left her a Daytona in his will...

That's my $0.02....

Exactly this :) lol

watchguyusa1

I'm Pretty Popular
1/10/06
Boca Raton Florida USA
Nembo's is a piece of sh1t canal street quality compared to this JF , unless noob actually clones the Rolex 4130 movement and puts it in a case as equal to this JF ,I think this is as close as its going to get !

I have had several Nembos and modded them also and had them completely disassembled ,NO gen Construction wokky rehaut ,crap crystal ,PLASTIC screw down pushers ,garbage band and clasp ,wont take a gen crystal ,so you have to live with absolutely flat crystal with no rise above the bezel!
once you handle a real 116520 daytona in your hands you will see that a Nembo is a "5 footer" at best ,any closer and you can see it's junk!
I ordered one of these and am fairly confident it has gen bezel construction (will confirm with you guys once I get it)

also this JF has also the most GEN LIKE pushers I have ever seen on a rep 116520! I guess no one noticed? short like the gen ! even the JF 7750 pushers are too long!

lukko

Supporter
Certified
20/11/12
Italy
Nembo's is a piece of sh1t canal street quality compared to this JF , unless noob actually clones the Rolex 4130 movement and puts it in a case as equal to this JF ,I think this is as close as its going to get !

I have had several Nembos and modded them also and had them completely disassembled ,NO gen Construction wokky rehaut ,crap crystal ,PLASTIC screw down pushers ,garbage band and clasp ,wont take a gen crystal ,so you have to live with absolutely flat crystal with no rise above the bezel!
once you handle a real 116520 daytona in your hands you will see that a Nembo is a "5 footer" at best ,any closer and you can see it's junk!
I ordered one of these and am fairly confident it has gen bezel construction (will confirm with you guys once I get it)

also this JF has also the most GEN LIKE pushers I have ever seen on a rep 116520! I guess no one noticed? short like the gen ! even the JF 7750 pushers are too long!

I love your comments, no one seems to have realized that there is no comparison between this JF and Nembo Tona.....Nembo Tona it's a ultra cheap watch, a canal street watch. I think exactly like you about this. Nembo is really too cheap, you can not compare this JF frozen, at a Nembo Daytona ... the JF try to represents a Gen Daytona , the Nembo Daytona represents .... mhmh exactly what?!? hahaha

For the pusher buttons, someone had noticed, follow the green LOL :)

This JF has the best buttons pusher on Tona rep ever made, even versions with A7750 have never had these! It's an huge and actually unique improvements! :)

You must check the personal section of Nembo when he has this watch available. The Nembo's rep is like that in the picture for example. Very very very cheap ... mineral glass, reahut ugly, ugly bezel, bracelet ugly, terrible CG, terrible crown, terrible button pusher, totally wrong hands and an ugly dial with big and fat index.

It is true, the price of the new daytona JF is a little high, but compared to this is double.

The question is, I would spend the money for a second JF frozen daytona?
The answer is yes, though with what I ordered another watch in the same order.
The price in the end is double that of Nembo Tona, but quality is unmatched, it earlier ... now is the best rep available as with the real size of the daytona.

This rep of 116520 is currently the best and even surpasses the Daytona JF with A7750 in my opinion ...

These are differences in quality compared to 21j common daytona:

-Flat bezel and its finish (numbers and profile)
-The Glass (sapphire, and with seeds invisible crown engraved as Gen)
-The CG (are better than any other daytona 21J)
-Crown (better than any other daytona 21j)
-Pusher (best of any other daytona 21j)
-The caseback (better than any other daytona 21j)

but especially a Dial 21J with these THINNER indices..

Many say that the problem of the time trial is frustrating, but honestly guys .... how many people use the stopwatch function? I love daytona with chrono in the "reset", then the JF is perfect for me.

All daytona with A7750 has really high profile case, and its movement is totally unreliable.... (not to mention on JF daytona with 7750 the wrong high reahut, the wrong high profile case, wrong lateral profile of the case,the wrong angle profile bezel etc etc)

Graphite treatments? Miraculous service? none of this will be useful, it will stop sooner or later

It is true, the cost is very high, especially for a fake chrono 21j, and with this price or a little more you can take another rep with working chrono or another rep good rep in general.

But it is also true that it is the first rep of a kind ... and it is unique. It is the first rep of high aesthetic level and real size of gen ...

I love the Daytona. If I had to choose between Nembo Daytona 21j and a JF Daytona 21j, put aside money but then i would choose the JF.

Nembo Tona are really too cheap and does not represent the Daytona IMHO.... 150$ for a rep like that are already too IMHO.

Everyone has their own points of view :)

I personally would not spend $ 150 for Nembo Daytona that has: mineral glass, ugly reahut, ugly wrong bezel, ugly bracelet, terrible CG, terrible crown, terrible button pusher, totally wrong hands and an ugly dial with big and fat index. :)

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
26/9/12
So I think what we've discovered here is the new JF appears to be the most accurate Daytona rep, very gen like and the only flaw is the 2nd hand doesn't work. The 6263's and other vintage Daytonas have frozen hour markers at 6. All modern versions are too thick to pass off as a gen to anyone whos owned a gen.

There's no comparison to this model and a Nembo.

Is $300 too much? The gen 116520 is around 12K. With the case, crystal and bracelet being JF quality, its probably worth it until something better shows up.

Yellobird

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/15
Something seems wrong with end links here, maybe they just used same end links that were used in a thicker 7750 case? the shape and angle are both a bit off.

But if case and bezel thickness are like gen then it is a no brainer. I had a gen 116520 for 4 years and the thickness is what makes the watch.

lukko

Supporter
Certified
20/11/12
Italy
So I think what we've discovered here is the new JF appears to be the most accurate Daytona rep, very gen like and the only flaw is the 2nd hand doesn't work. The 6263's and other vintage Daytonas have frozen hour markers at 6. All modern versions are too thick to pass off as a gen to anyone whos owned a gen.

There's no comparison to this model and a Nembo.

Is $300 too much? The gen 116520 is around 12K. With the case, crystal and bracelet being JF quality, its probably worth it until something better shows up.

Above most of users here on the forum has prayed for years that dealers made a Daytona 1:1 spec case with reilable movement 21J frozen.... and now after some years that they have finally realized the Nembo Tona it's better for the price?? LOL

All user are waiting for a New Daytona from Noob with "4130 clone", but no one questions whether this movement will be reliable ...

watchguyusa1

I'm Pretty Popular
1/10/06
Boca Raton Florida USA
Something seems wrong with end links here, maybe they just used same end links that were used in a thicker 7750 case? the shape and angle are both a bit off.

yes I think we have to be very careful and look at the QC pics before you ok this watch !, to make sure the end links are tight! I am sure they will make a V2 ? at a later time to correct this? hopefully its just this watch they took pics of? time will tell ...

Yellobird

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/15
IMG_3697.jpg

IMG_36991.jpg

daytona-116520-jf-1-1-white-dial-on-ss-bracelet-a23j-same-thickness-as-genuine.jpg

Look how the bracelet seems to start from underneath the case somehow due to angle of the end links. Wonder how that looks on a wrist.

I am afraid this may be the biggest flaw of this model.

botsyboy

Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
The centre piece of the sel is shaped too much downward. The gen shapes away a little more flatter but minor really. Will be interesting to see real world pics after the new year!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yellobird

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/15
But still I want a white one. My gen was a black dial 116520, will be happy with a decent rep now!

watchguyusa1

I'm Pretty Popular
1/10/06
Boca Raton Florida USA
interesting ,the JF 7750 version end links are ok in this respect , hope they fix this flaw on future versions!
hopefully wont look so bad on the wrist?

and heres a shot comparing the Jf 21j with a gen 116520 at almost the same angle! they look almost identical? maybe gen had some variance over the years?

shotgun

Patron
Certified
5/6/12
EU
I have buy one, this is at the moment the best Daytona in the market...fantastic job JF!!

ebzen02

I'm Pretty Popular
12/4/10
I agree about nembos Daytona as a cheap canal street one. They are just plain gruesome! I also agree that the price for the JF is $50 too much. The sels and cgs are a bit of a let down. But it's a nice looking and currently the closest to gen option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

watchguyusa1

I'm Pretty Popular
1/10/06
Boca Raton Florida USA
Btw Sead -"supermirrors " gave me a super price on these and offers free ems shipping if you buy two watches!!
So if anyone wants both the black and white dials or two of you can go together and save 50-70 bucks on the shipping!!!
I don't want to say what he charged me, as I buy a bunch of watches at a time,but I'm sure you will he very happy if you email him!

barth

5/10/12
For reference, Rose Gold Nembo Daytona, good for the money I think
0ffa20451742dffb112bec623e2a2447.jpg

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
interesting ,the JF 7750 version end links are ok in this respect , hope they fix this flaw on future versions!
hopefully wont look so bad on the wrist?

Thanks for the comparison pics,

Do you think you could explain it on Angus' thread for this watch? That way we are sure he sees it.
http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=181079&page=12

Since he was the one pushing for this to come out, I m pretty sure he could pass the message to JF so they fix it.

Thanks

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
Finally someone who spotted the pushers aswell!! That was the biggest giveaway of being a rep in the past (ofcourse also thickness). The too long pushers had drove me nuts. JF rocks with their quality construction. My JF Daytona A7750 was the best feeling daytona rep i ever had. My brother had the gen 116520, and i was so impressed by the JF rep when comparing :)

starman351

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/2/10
Here is a shot of the Gen end links.

Kal4130.jpg

I think this new one is more right than wrong. It would make sense that the end links are shaped different on the 7750 version it is a taller watch.