• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JF 21J Frozen Chrono Daytonas

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
The whole watch is thicker buddy!! And a service is no guarantee it will last!! But I hope you get a long life from it all the same.

TomasDrogas

I buy watches and I know things
8/4/15
EU
If this is a 1:1 does it mean we can fit a 4130 on it for a franken project?

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
eeehmm no. I would not buy this or put it on my 2016 list. I mean, come on... $298 for a 21J frozen?

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
The lume sucks and it looks blue which is wrong for this model.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

botsyboy

Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
Can no-one read!!!!! It says 23 fecking jewels!!!!

botsyboy

Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
The lume sucks and it looks blue which is wrong for this model.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I think new Daytona's have blue lume but don't quote me!

markiemark

Bracelet King
Patron
18/4/13
EU
Can no-one read!!!!! It says 23 fecking jewels!!!!

No-one fecking cares! Even if it'd say 1000 jewels, price is too steep! Add 50 bucks and you can get any kind of good rep with a decent movement. AP 15400, Rolex Subc, IWC 5001 etc etc

D

d4m.test

I really want a Daytona but this will probably have to be a pass.

Anyone know what the alleged NOOB Daytona coming out will have as a movement?

botsyboy

Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
No-one fecking cares! Even if it'd say 1000 jewels, price is too steep! Add 50 bucks and you can get any kind of good rep with a decent movement. AP 15400, Rolex Subc, IWC 5001 etc etc
These will sell in their thousands regardless of our opinion unfortunately!!!

Keylog74

14/6/13
These will sell in their thousands regardless of our opinion unfortunately!!!

thats because ppl like you buy them but explain me please where is the difference in having a nembo 21j and this 23j ''we cant read'' when both watches work same and both have the ''thin'' case ... i think everybody can read the 23 bud but no one cares for a2j update on a 100+ $ more to pay... for a watch that does nothing more...

Keylog74

14/6/13
I really want a Daytona but this will probably have to be a pass.

Anyone know what the alleged NOOB Daytona coming out will have as a movement?

watchbus had a thread saying that Noob is working again on the clone movement of the daytona 4130 . looks like will happen next year hopefully... now with noob expanding may really happen.

botsyboy

Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
thats because ppl like you buy them but explain me please where is the difference in having a nembe 21j and this 23j we cant read when both watches work same and both have the ''thin'' case ... i think everybody can read the 23 bud but no one cares for a2j update on a 100+ $ more to pay...

I'm not buying one buddy!! Sels are crap but movements are not so bad. I've had more eta clones fail than basic 21/23j options!

Retina

Certified
18/12/14
^they might or might not, we wont know.

its more than $100 more fyi, nembo sells his frozen 21js for 130 usd including ww shipping.

this is close to 325usd including ems, excluding pp fees.

for those who have not even owned a nembo daytona, its more or less close enough.
the dial from jf is not a huge improvement from what i can see as well.
probably the polished bezel and the crystal is an upgrade, not to mention the bracelet and caseback.

effectively, you are paying an extra $200 for an improved caseback, bracelet, crystal and polished bezel.
depends how much you love the daytona, but ill top up the extra $50 and go for an AP.

Marco1971

22/8/15
Where I Can see and buy a Nembo Daytona?
Thanks

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

lukko

Supporter
Certified
20/11/12
Italy
Where I Can see and buy a Nembo Daytona?
Thanks

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

06e4f1792381405b602d864b437e1f5e.jpg

You must check the personal section of Nembo when he has this watch available. The Nembo's rep is like that in the picture for example. Very very very cheap ... mineral glass, reahut ugly, ugly bezel, bracelet ugly, terrible CG, terrible crown, terrible button pusher, totally wrong hands and an ugly dial with big and fat index.

It is true, the price of the new daytona JF is a little high, but compared to this is double.

The question is, I would spend the money for a second JF frozen daytona?
The answer is yes, though with what I ordered another watch in the same order.
The price in the end is double that of Nembo Tona, but quality is unmatched, it earlier ... now is the best rep available as with the real size of the daytona.

This rep of 116520 is currently the best and even surpasses the Daytona JF with A7750 in my opinion ...

These are differences in quality compared to 21j common daytona:

-Flat bezel and its finish (numbers and profile)
-The Glass (sapphire, and with seeds invisible crown engraved as Gen)
-The CG (are better than any other daytona 21J)
-Crown (better than any other daytona 21j)
-Pusher (best of any other daytona 21j)
-The caseback (better than any other daytona 21j)

but especially a Dial 21J with these THINNER indices..

Many say that the problem of the time trial is frustrating, but honestly guys .... how many people use the stopwatch function? I love daytona with chrono in the "reset", then the JF is perfect for me.

All daytona with A7750 has really high profile case, and its movement is totally unreliable.... (not to mention on JF daytona with 7750 the wrong high reahut, the wrong high profile case, wrong lateral profile of the case,the wrong angle profile bezel etc etc)

Graphite treatments? Miraculous service? none of this will be useful, it will stop sooner or later

It is true, the cost is very high, especially for a fake chrono 21j, and with this price or a little more you can take another rep with working chrono or another rep good rep in general.

But it is also true that it is the first rep of a kind ... and it is unique. It is the first rep of high aesthetic level and real size of gen ...

I love the Daytona. If I had to choose between Nembo Daytona 21j and a JF Daytona 21j, put aside money but then i would choose the JF.

Nembo Tona are really too cheap and does not represent the Daytona IMHO.... 150$ for a rep like that are already too IMHO.

Everyone has their own points of view :)

I personally would not spend $ 150 for Nembo Daytona that has: mineral glass, ugly reahut, ugly wrong bezel, ugly bracelet, terrible CG, terrible crown, terrible button pusher, totally wrong hands and an ugly dial with big and fat index. :)

Retina

Certified
18/12/14
Nembo daytonas are not $150 mate. They are only $130.

It depends on the individual as its a give and take.

I can live with the wrong details on it due to its price-point. The thicker markers, crown guards, crown and button pusher has never bothered me at all. I used to own the gen for a short while, the differences are minute from a distance. Heck, a brand new nembo looks better than a 10 year old used genuine daytona. The biggest giveaway is not the dial or crown guards, but rather, the bezel and the mineral glass. The proportion for the nembo is wrong as compared to the gen. But I wont ask for more given its price point. I fix the terrible polish with some cape-cod and it aids in the shine.

infamous18

I'm Pretty Popular
11/12/13
Nice attempt, several flaws as noted to be addressed by JF on future versions. Personally I'm waiting for the Noob versions at this point.