• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Announcing: Scupteo 3D printed tools for modding Rolex

rogerdude

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/6/07
Bonesy - any luck with adding the Hamilton mvmt to the dial foot tool?

rogerdude

7/6/07
Thanks Bonesey! Ordered the 917 version. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Just noticed this thread. Great stuff! I am looking at upgrading the DWO on my TC. Can I safely assume the TC2824 will fit in your 2836 holder and DWO tool?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Should do mate, only difference is the thickness of the movement.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Maybe make a tool for those AP Bezel screws in the hardest material possible? Would need a small hole in the centre, the length of the screw thread.

I have a list in my head of things I would love to see you guys make, including a dedicated 7750 movement holder for the bench.

If you are open to the idea list I have, let me know.

Could be done. I'd need rough dimensions though.

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Thanks Bonesey! Ordered the 917 version. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Hope it works out. Let me know of any problems or ideas you might have for improving it.

rogerdude

7/6/07
Just had a thought. You could avoid the foot conflict if you turned the 917 90 degrees and added a second 12:00 marker. But then we are back to adding labels, so maybe just easier to have two versions.

Ko67

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
5/4/13
I have ordered a set of the dwo tools. As to the 7750 holder, check this from ofrei. Looks printed and retails for $12usd
http://www.ofrei.com/page244.html#31583

Here is a pic of the7750 holder from ofrei. Looks and feels printed.

8a6y2egu.jpg

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
It's injection moulded, you can see the injection points and flash from the moulds. Much cheaper to mass produce than current 3d printing.

Ko67

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
5/4/13
This s something of a preliminary review. i used the tool for the first time. The holes are very well placed but were not properly sized to hold the dial feet in ideal position. I carefully made the holes deeper and that worked much better. It is important for the fixture to hold the dial feet perfectly upright and square. i plan to mod the tool by placing some tiny lengths of hypodermic tubing in the holes to make a reinforced hole for the dial feet. The 3d printing material is not holding a sturdy and precise hole size and depth. Perhaps i could achieve the same stability by reinforcing the hole with clear epoxy .

rogerdude

7/6/07
@Ko67 - I had the same problem with the holes not being deep enough. More like tiny dents on mine. It sounds like the earlier orders came out okay. But i think Bonesey may have an idea on how to get it to work better on the next version.

This s something of a preliminary review. i used the tool for the first time. The holes are very well placed but were not properly sized to hold the dial feet in ideal position. I carefully made the holes deeper and that worked much better. It is important for the fixture to hold the dial feet perfectly upright and square. i plan to mod the tool by placing some tiny lengths of hypodermic tubing in the holes to make a reinforced hole for the dial feet. The 3d printing material is not holding a sturdy and precise hole size and depth. Perhaps i could achieve the same stability by reinforcing the hole with clear epoxy .

D

d4m.test

404'd! Everything except the 3 dial feet tools are gone! Was looking to order the DWO tool and maybe the AP screwdriver.

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Ap screwdriver was a no go unfortunately. Material is not precise or strong enough.

electric

I'm Pretty Popular
14/11/12
This is so awesome! What about 3d printing a movement?? Of course some parts need to be moving. But let's say a 3135? Could these be replicated? Also I love the screwdrivers!!!

D

d4m.test

I recommended the DWO tool and movement holder to somebody, but discovered they are not available again. Are they at a different link now?

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk 2

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Alright guys just a little bit of an update.

I had ordered Bonesey's DWO tools from sculpteo.
It took about 2 weeks to recieve, from the date i placed the order to the date i had it in my hand.
Im CONUS, and it did indeed ship from France.

I ordered the base in polished white engineering grade plastic, and heeding other's comments, the top in black engineering grade plastic.

Then i had a problem.

The tools themselfs are very good, great design, no problem with that end, and the construction seems solid not flimsy.
The movement fit perfectly snug in the (white) base.

But the top (black) did not fit the base properly, i had to sand it down in the inside and outside perimeter of the wall that engages the lower half of the tool.

Really not a big deal, as after sanding it fit and works perfectly.

However while sanding i noticed somthing......i had to sand all the black off. when i was done the ring was white.
Apparently, they dont print this thing out of BLACK plastic, they print it out of white plastic then black powdercoat it.

I think if i would have ordered the white top, it would have fit perfectly OOB.
Maybe they didnt take into account the thickness of the powdercoat.

Any way just a tip... order in white, if you want black, you can spraypaint it or probably even just magicmarker it.

It a great tool , Thanks Bonesey, for taking the time to do this and share it with us !!!

pippo

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/1/10
Very bad feedback from my side.
Stay away from Sculpteo!! Obviously it is hit or miss...just a waste of time and (not much, but still a loss) money.

This is what I got, a tool with no holes for the dial feet. Totally useless!
Look to other 3d printing providers.