• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Announcing: Scupteo 3D printed tools for modding Rolex

Ko67

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
5/4/13
Here is how it looks in red
2e6a7avy.jpg

And with it's next victim strapped in

sumy9aje.jpg

Full usage review with pics later...

Ko67

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
5/4/13
By the way, It shipped from France on Tuesday and I received it Friday ... Amazing

Hey bonesy, let's try a custom metal movement spacer ring that hugs the 28xx contours exactly .

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Mine arrived yesterday. Need to test the 6497 feet positions. I've already designed a movement holder for 2836. Will be used with a date wheel overlay tool. You want one that fits a 2836 perfectly?

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Ko67

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
5/4/13
Mine arrived yesterday. Need to test the 6497 feet positions. I've already designed a movement holder for 2836. Will be used with a date wheel overlay tool. You want one that fits a 2836 perfectly?

I am talking about a movement spacer ring that stays in the case. I am also looking forward to the Dwo tool.

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Doh! Yes, I get you know. Yeah I can do one of those no problem.

rogerdude

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/6/07
Ko67 - which case are you looking at? The outer dimension of a holder ring will probably change for each case manufacturer.

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
It will, but if you design for a maximum dial size of 29mm I can do a few different outer diameters and you can pick what you need.

SSTEEL

Banned
Banned
30/1/13
I purchased a DWO tool that Mike (Jerkshore) posted about recently. It was from Shapeways, and cost a little over €10 euros including shipping, shipping being €8 euros. This is with USPS trackable shipping.

I have received email confirmation of order, and another email saying they have the green light to print, and that expected dispatch will be 2nd of December.

I plan on doing a review for Mike, and your good self Bonesey.:)

Here's the tool I am referring to...

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=65287&hl=overlay+tool&fromsearch=1

I can't find the link on here for some reason, and the RWI link in Mike thread is dead.

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Mike has been working with me on this. It rather he's very kindly gave me the information to adapt into my tool design as well.

SSTEEL

Banned
Banned
30/1/13
Ok, cool, well thanks to both of you guys, and all those who have submitted measurements to make these happen. Looking forward to getting mine, and future 3D made tools from you guys. :)

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Will hopefully get some time tomorrow morning to get something final.

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Hopefully this should work well. It fits in the groove on the 2836 movement holder, I can design other movement holders if needed. Bear in mind due to the materials involved in the printing it can be quite coarse. You might need to take some sandpaper to the inner and outer edges of the ring to make it mate smoothly with the movement holder.

v5se5Fb.png

Rolex DWO alignment frame

And a render shot showing it installed on the movement holder.

5qtSyR6.png

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
This one was suggest by Sharrkey but I'm not sure how well it will work. The head is exactly the same size as AP caseback screws.

PY0nwqe.png

AP Screwdriver

SSTEEL

Banned
Banned
30/1/13
Maybe make a tool for those AP Bezel screws in the hardest material possible? Would need a small hole in the centre, the length of the screw thread.

I have a list in my head of things I would love to see you guys make, including a dedicated 7750 movement holder for the bench.

If you are open to the idea list I have, let me know.

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Yeah, I guess that could be done as well. Only issue of course is the fragility of the material. I'll look into it.

7750 holder shouldn't be an issue either.

D

d4m.test

Just noticed this thread. Great stuff! I am looking at upgrading the DWO on my TC. Can I safely assume the TC2824 will fit in your 2836 holder and DWO tool?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Ko67

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
5/4/13
Maybe make a tool for those AP Bezel screws in the hardest material possible? Would need a small hole in the centre, the length of the screw thread.

I have a list in my head of things I would love to see you guys make, including a dedicated 7750 movement holder for the bench.

If you are open to the idea list I have, let me know.

I have ordered a set of the dwo tools. As to the 7750 holder, check this from ofrei. Looks printed and retails for $12usd
http://www.ofrei.com/page244.html#31583