• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Announcing: Scupteo 3D printed tools for modding Rolex

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
I don't know a single thing that could be posted internationally for $0.50, let alone a small packet containing this item. I think $6.50 aint that bad.

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Update part 1:

F5XjX4X.png

DialFeetToolV3 - 6497 included

A second tool that incorporates the feet positions of the 6497/6498 movement feet as well. Due to the larger diameter and shorter nature of the feet for these movements I've had to add small raised sections to ensure you can keep them upright when letting the epoxy dry. It also has an extended alignment marker at 12 o'clock to extend beyond the larger dial diameter.

Update part 2:

I mentioned that I was going to work on a tool to help DWO alignment for modding Rolex (With the help of Jerkstore). Well this is the first part of that project. It's a simple movement holder for a 2836 movement that will allow the upper alignment template to slot into from above. Can be used on it's own of course.

ETA 2836 Movement Holder for DWO alignment tool

TLK9WP2.png

rogerdude

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/6/07
Great update! I'm still trying to find schematics for the Hamilton and Molnija feet. Looking awesome.

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Others have commented on using identifying marks or labelling for the feet holes. I'm still trying to work this out as despite the size in the pics these are barely over 3 cm across and most text would be close to unreadable at that size.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Shipping in US is $6.50.

I hate it when they take something that small that could be shipped for .50 and make it half the cost of the item. I know it's not much but it's the principal of the matter.
The company is in France, is $6.50 that unreasonable?

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
I don't know a single thing that could be posted internationally for $0.50, let alone a small packet containing this item. I think $6.50 aint that bad.

The company is in France, is $6.50 that unreasonable?

Very reasonable if it was coming from France, but they also have a division in California. That's where it would be shipping from. And a small air mail envelope would be less than $1.

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
I can't see anything in the FAQ that says they have printing facilities in USA as well. They have offices, yes, but perhaps not the machines?

jerkstore

27/12/12
One thing that's critical to getting the alignment template right is knowing the exact position of the date window for a target dial.

Here is what I got for a 16XXX Datejust dial (all measurements are in mm and represent the exact opening from underneath):

(1) Height: 1.75
(2) Width: 2.9
(3) Cannon Pinion hole diameter: 1.86
(4) Widest edge of cannon pinion hole to widest edge of date window: 11.6mm

Can somebody confirm this for other 3035/3135 dials? Also can you confirm my implicit assumption that the date window is centered on the cannon pinion hole?

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
I can't see anything in the FAQ that says they have printing facilities in USA as well. They have offices, yes, but perhaps not the machines?

I saw it when I got to the final payment page although it didn't actually say where it shipped from but the shipping time implied it was definitely coming from a CONUS facility.

Ruprekt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/10
Ordered one. Looks like it should do the trick. 3D printing is really incredible. Been using my printer at home and for work.

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Thanks Rup, I really hope it helps you out. Any feedback you can give on how to make it better is much welcomed.

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Just waiting for more confirmation about datewindow size/location. Will update with more information when I have it.

I'll maybe start working on some other tools that would be helpful.

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Moved to the modifications section. More appropriate I think.

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Just had confirmation that my first piece has printed and is on its way to me. I will report back to confirm it's accuracy.

wkwhoG9.png

rogerdude

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/6/07
Bonesey - 1930s and 40s era spec sheets for the Hamilton 917 dial feet are on their way to you via PM. Hopefully you can incorporate them for us Hammy tinkerers.

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Thanks mate, I'll look at it next weekend when I have a few hours spare to sit down.