• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob Explorer II 42 White - Best Rollie Rep So Far?

PeteTO

Renowned Member
14/7/06
one to hold you over until release... other than the date issues its a great rep. I have been looking at gen pics and the sharpness of the crown leaves something to be desired as well... anyone done a crown/tube swap on this bad boy yet?

Pete

PeteTO

Renowned Member
14/7/06
any current noob EX2 owners noticing paint coming off their bezel numbers? I am trying to fire out how to repair now… the 1 in the 16 is chipped down to silver.

Pete

live1

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
25/3/13
any current noob EX2 owners noticing paint coming off their bezel numbers? I am trying to fire out how to repair now… the 1 in the 16 is chipped down to silver.

Pete

i would get black enamel paint and touch it up

PeteTO

Renowned Member
14/7/06
i would get black enamel paint and touch it up

black enamel? Ok sounds good. Wish I could do them all. Same kind of idea with the PPM? Obviously in black though… Guess I can get like model car "Testors" paint and a super fine tipped brush

Pete

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
When are these coming back in stock? Hope they fix the clasp closing issue. That gap is annoying as hell.

AKTime

Known Member
31/10/13
When are these coming back in stock? Hope they fix the clasp closing issue. That gap is annoying as hell.

Mine has a bad clasp gap as well. If you push up on the spring loaded part it sits flush but the gap comes back when you let go. I have tried a thousand ways of fixing it with no luck.

hautehorloge

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
12/7/13
Mine has a bad clasp gap as well. If you push up on the spring loaded part it sits flush but the gap comes back when you let go. I have tried a thousand ways of fixing it with no luck.

There's a easy fix trick with putting a small piece of aluminium foil under the clasp element. Should work 100% but i don't remember the link atm.

AKTime

Known Member
31/10/13
There's a easy fix trick with putting a small piece of aluminium foil under the clasp element. Should work 100% but i don't remember the link atm.

That makes sense. When I put pressure on the spring loaded part, the clasp sits fine. Might be fixable with a shim, I will give it a shot. Thanks!

hautehorloge

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
12/7/13
That makes sense. When I put pressure on the spring loaded part, the clasp sits fine. Might be fixable with a shim, I will give it a shot. Thanks!

Welcome! :cheers:

Simonbolivar

Renowned Member
17/2/13
Long Island, New York
black enamel? Ok sounds good. Wish I could do them all. Same kind of idea with the PPM? Obviously in black though… Guess I can get like model car "Testors" paint and a super fine tipped brush

Pete

If it's any consolation the gen has the same issue. If you wear it often, eventually the black enamel starts to wear away.

I think a super fine tip is a must. You'll need to do this a bit differently than the PPM mod... They usually overfill the number, and scrape away excess on the ceramic. Since this bezel is SS, you would wind up putting scratches into it when removing excess. Let us know how it goes... I think I will need to do mine soon.

subaruski

8/12/13
Trusty is the only TD i can find that has these in stock and his is BP version. I would much rather have noob. Really hoping we see another run of these from Noob in the next few months.

Its the same series but if you ask angus he tell you its out of stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hops143

Horology Curious
9/3/13
I have the Noob version from BK. Got it in May. Keeps fantastic time. Have paint chipped out of several numbers on the bezel. Much more troubling is the fact that the orange "Explorer 2" on the dial is completely gone...faded off in two months. Any suggestions on sourcing a new dial? BK doesn't seem able to get me one.