• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Bezel Poll - need to make a decision

iamdudi

Known Member
19/3/11
hi, I've going back and forth with the bezel for my franken.
what do you guys think? wholesaleoutlet with gen pearl or all gen (for double the price ...)

Om3ga_guy

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/10
Canada
Q5?, you should post a comparison photo of your modded R2 insert with gen pearl vs. a complete gen bezel and put this question to bed :)

My two cents, go wholesaleoutlet + gen pearl. But if you can find a used gen bezel for cheap, consider that route also. Gen bezels at a discount are hard to find...

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
You can get the gen bezel and have the perfect result, but! you will miss all the fun moding the aftermarket...

iamdudi

Known Member
19/3/11
that's actually a good point mr pap.
i'd love to go with wholesaleoulet but i'm worried i'll see the differences, not only the pearl but also the font, the silver ring etc'

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
I voted for the WO99 insert w/ Gen pearl.

Modding something is like plastic surgery. The outcome might be worse than when you started. I never felt my bezel performance was worth messing up by using/trying a Gen bezel assembly. Plus they cost so much!

Fr5GPO w/ rep insert/bezel Gen pearl done by R2.....

SAM_1822b.png

SAM_1796.png

Om3ga_guy

28/12/10
Canada
That insert is perfect. I cant see the difference between it and the gen...amazing

sunnydale

29/8/09
Go with the aftermarket insert + gen pearl. If it is successful like Q5?s, you cannot see the difference to gen.

iamdudi

Known Member
19/3/11
gonna go with aftermarket and use the money to find a used gen rubber strap. thanks for the advice to all, pap you had me sold, i forgot the whole point of why i'm here...

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
gonna go with aftermarket and use the money to find a used gen rubber strap. thanks for the advice to all, pap you had me sold, i forgot the whole point of why i'm here...

Thats exactly what i did! Gen rubber is awesome.

Well if the point was to save money by buying reps, then franken will just leave you broke :lol1:

It happened to many of us :whistle:

Anyway, have a nice time building it and of course keep us updated!

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Problem is, where do you get the gen pearl?

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Problem is, where do you get the gen pearl?

Rule is to buy a gen used smp bezel from ebay. Pearls don't come alone...

Get one in a bad condition as to save money, cause you will be using only the pearl...

pippo

10/1/10
KBH is right, nowadays used gen bezels are very hard to source and are expensive even if in bad shape
Too many RWI\RWG members look for gen inserts :D