• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob Explorer II 42 White - Best Rollie Rep So Far?

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
i ask for the noob at perfect clone here the answer :

The Explorer.. Dont go for the Noob factory.. It is back dated.. does not have superlume.. They lied about it..

Go for the RLEX00010 this is proven to be the best with updated serials and superlume dial in the right blue colour... AR cyclobs as well
http://www.p-cls.com/0rlex00010-2011-explorer-42mm-white-p-12045.html
what do You think of that ?

PC is the one that lied. The noob have superlumed all right

Sent using Tapatalk

Jordan27

I'm Pretty Popular
3/7/13
PC is full of shit... The nOOB version is what you want.. It has SUPERlumed dial, double AR on the cyclops, mine has perfect rehaut engraving, a semi invisible LEC which took me ages to find with a weird angle and a bunch of light, 2mm gen spec springbars and a better 'orange' on the gmt hand.. That's all I can think of...

tictoc21

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/5/07
I have both, the Noob and PC's BP version. The Noob is far superior. In addition to Jordan's comments above the date fills the date window and is too large and the lum on the indices and hands under lit conditions is two different colors.

John71

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
23/3/12
Does this black version have a matte dial?

pjsayer

I'm Pretty Popular
18/5/11
I empathise with all of the poor folks waiting for the Noob Exp II to get back in stock. So annoying. I'd like to think it may have something to do with my little review causing a rush in sales ;-)

Here's a pic of mine to tide you over...

null_zps2de8e167.jpg

I've managed to regulate it to a steady +3s a day with minimal variance on and off the wrist - love it. Out of interest what time zone do the non-travellers amongst us set their GMT hand to?

Jordan27

I'm Pretty Popular
3/7/13
That's nice mate, identical to mine! And mines running -3 sec slow out of the box so I'm stoked I can get it overnight with crown up to gain the 3 it lost! And I set mine to UTC time because I'm a pilot and that's the time we run off :)

SheriffWho

Renowned Member
4/6/13
When I'm home (USA Central), the GMT hand is actually set to GMT time -- because UK is where I do a lot of biz... But when I'm on the road (in other time zone) I set it to my home time...

I empathise with all of the poor folks waiting for the Noob Exp II to get back in stock. So annoying. I'd like to think it may have something to do with my little review causing a rush in sales ;-)

Here's a pic of mine to tide you over...

null_zps2de8e167.jpg

I've managed to regulate it to a steady +3s a day with minimal variance on and off the wrist - love it. Out of interest what time zone do the non-travellers amongst us set their GMT hand to?

egroegart

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/7/13
Live1, set said they fixed the matte problem with the latest batch last may and he's right. I'm looking at mine right now. It's not glossy. Maybe they gave your friend one from the previous batch.

Most if not all of the issues they had before seem to be sorted out with this watch. Especially in the black dial version. I love the white one too, but I've read more reports of the issues still with the white one like the puffy hands, the clasp, the left Date wheel alignment, the lume. Cyclops AR.

Mine is the black, and the cyclops has A.R., the lume is very nice and evenly applied, Datewheel is aligned, the clasp doesn't have the gap. and the dial is not glossy. No puffy paint either.

Why would they have addressed these issues with the black version but not the white? I don't understand that.

The date on mine changes over at midnight and 30 seconds.

Some people have been complaining that their crown does not screw in all the way. If you look at the gen you will see it is the same way. It is supposed to be like that. There is a gap between the crown and the case. So I can assure you that it is screwed in as far as it will go. I don't know what the purpose of designing it like that was because it does look like it's not in all the way, but that's the way it's supposed to be.

pamlover74

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
29/3/13
I just order mine from Ryan Intime.(Noob Rolex Explorer II White dial)

Can't wait!!:cheer:

DreambreaX

Renowned Member
26/11/12
The biggest tell on the white dial exp II, is the dial!! i went to an AD and the gen was on display, seller was talking to a customer, so i took my rep of my pocket and checked, same light and angle... and the color of the dial on the rep wasn't white enough, don't know the word in english can't explain... Also, the lume on mine is not perfectly applied so it was really visible next to the gen.

until yesterday i though that the more accurate was the white dial, but now i think it's better to buy the black dial, and do a mod to mat the dial, not too much because in the AD the gen dial was mat, but not on all angle maybe tricky to rep the dial effect...

do u mean the gen is white off dial? and the rep is more white?

Jordan27

I'm Pretty Popular
3/7/13
Mine is good, it closes 100% no gap with the safety locked. Seriously a good clasp as long as you get a good one, Ryan actually sent a qc pic of it shut to show it had no gap and seated properly