• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Cheating at QC pictures?

jessen007

Known Member
11/8/13
did somebody say ass?
5gJfY.gif

cute-butt-ass-gifs-twerk.gif

MMA

5/10/10
No, you mean pie hole, ya dope, LOL.

No I meant cake hole. You can tell by the way i didn't write pie hole.

Now we can add cultural exchange to the list of attractions in this thread.

Tally-ho old bean.

;)

honeybear

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/10
Here's the plain and simple truth:

Dealers will use watermarks to cover parts of a watch on their sales page to cover issues with watches such as TAG logos without sharp arrows etc. Many of them do this no matter how trusted or beloved they are.

Some may consider that dealers are willing to participate in offering QC photos are a big mistake. They make that choice to do so, it's a service they provide to be better dealers. Nobody is twisting their arm to do it, but if you want to be in the game it's very much appreciated.

I cannot respect a dealer that uses creative photography to hide an issue. I cannot respect a dealer who would use handsets to cover an issue.

We all know that replica watches are made to be imperfect, which is why we have so many mod threads. Most of us also know that factories can achieve the production of a good dial.

When buyers base their decision on the dealer's sales photo:

1157-8054-thickbox.jpg~original

Then the dealer sends a QC of what they're sending that has the flaw covered- I can't help but to be wary of that sellers ethics. When it happens more than once, then that is a dealer I wouldn't consider trusted.

Having a trusted dealer status means more than covering issues then offering to provide a fix IF that buyer complains about it, it means looking out for your buyers and offering full disclosure whenever possible.

Since the dealer has the opportunity and experience in knowing whether there is a manufacturing issue- not a design issue, I would expect them to have the capacity to make better decisions... even if that means telling the buyer that there are no good versions of what they want at that time.

Refusing to sell a defective rep is something I can respect.

Well said, I'm well aware that replicas have flaws, but when QC photo are used to intentionally obscure flaws, then it becomes an issue.

I ordered a Vacheron Constantin Patrimony from a dealer once, and when I expressed concern about the alignment of the date wheel, I was sent several cherry picked shots indicating that the alignment wasn't too bad. When I received the watch, I found that those dates were the best aligned ones, and many of the other dates were very obviously misaligned, and that the dealer had to flip through those dates in order to take the cherry picked QC photos.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Popcorn? You couldn't have built up that triplewide on just popcorn fatty.

Damn. I was gone all day, and I missed this ? :hehehe:

You're out of your element. I think QCGeek is more your style. You're not the next George Carlin.

rbj69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/3/06
wow .. ive also read this from the first post and ryan is my dealer of choice and many time he as advised me to wait for a new version that is coming out .. here is a qc pic from ryan .. i dont see him hiding any flaws here by placing the minute hand to cover up the crocked @12 markers ....He very honest up front dealer !! and not hear to cheat anyone !!

do you see anything being hidden here ?

Yes the steel is being hidden by the blue plastic:p

Sent from s4 Active, it's waterproof like our watches :)

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
wow .. ive also read this from the first post and ryan is my dealer of choice and many time he as advised me to wait for a new version that is coming out .. here is a qc pic from ryan .. i dont see him hiding any flaws here by placing the minute hand to cover up the crocked @12 markers ....He very honest up front dealer !! and not hear to cheat anyone !!

do you see anything being hidden here ?

Consider the source Zorro. A Bi-polar member with multiple personalities.

Sultan Brunei

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/12
Guys, never ever believe that this is a coincidence. If you slightly knew chinese way of doing business, where "loss" is simply not acceptable. You will know why I am saying this.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
I still see nothing wrong with asking these questions. We as a group trust these dealers because of our collective feedback. Asking these questions and giving this feedback protects us the consumer, and keeps the dealers on there toes.This is the very reason we are all here as a collective. United we stand divided we fall.

Sent from my iPad cause I'm to lazy to sit at a computer.
^^^ THIS ^^^

yea.... dont involve the whole Cash for QC pics... that doesn't help us at all.... but the high res pics are good for us... because it makes these watches even more superior... most of the QC pics Ive seen have been Excellent... if we had lower res pics then the makers wouldn't bother improving their standards....
Do yu honestly think the makers give a flying fu*k about little ole' us? If you do you have no concept of the size of the market. We are but a drop in the ocean even when it comes to top level reps 90% of which are sold on the domestic market. I wish I could find (for example) the numbers I was given for APs alone that a certain factory sold last year, you would stand stunned.

I'm not talking about lower res pics than what we already have. I'm quite sure dealers use 800x600 right now, and even that is a bit too detailed. I'm saying that if there are crazy nitpickers out there that want to go through their watches with a virtual loupe, then let them pay for it. I'm very happy with the QC picture situation as it is right now, and don't want it to change at all. I'd probably be just as happy with a smaller resolution pic, since even 800x600 shows up as about triple diameter (9 times bigger!) on my monitor.
TheRealWorld.jpg

Guys, never ever believe that this is a coincidence.
If you read the thread mate that was fully accepted many pages back.

As for the OP steelie said it, it's always someone's brother/mate/son etc.
Ban you before morning? Why the hell would I do that? You shot yourself in the foot not RWI.

nikemok55

Known Member
10/6/11
My experience :

I ordered a v3.5 diver from Toro

I receive a v3

6 weeks after

Worked 1 month and the month after i had to open the watch to tight the rotor

He said it was a mistake :)

TimeWillTell

I'm Pretty Popular
10/3/09
I don't know how many of you actually seen how a dealer work? If you see what i seen, i really don't quite bother with QC pics. I remembered someone said or sticky somewhere what QC really meant for which imo is very good reminder to all.

My first rep with the dealer, i follow suit expecting a set of QC pics. After a few deals, i don't really bother. In fact, i told dealer don't bother. I guess its the trust i have in the dealer, and hay it's really a lot of trouble to get the watch back in the office and preparing the pics for email. I'm not taking sides, but if you are there seeing the runner perspiring all over and had to prepare the watches for photo shoot...and we to examine and rejecting for some dust particles on the dial or crystals. I really think again if i'm prepare to do this...

I didn't know Ryan was the dealer op had issues with. I had dealings with Ryan last year, i have to say this chap is a winner! He response quick, and i would never believed he cheated on QC pics..i suspected is the person preparing the pics. But what puzzled me is why did the op started a thread before even the dealer already contacted him and promise to make good for him?

Just be patient, he is a trusted dealer here and he will not turn away for a matter like this. And imho, this is really a very very small matter. We would have change it if you didn't like it...peace out

Steelfish

Hǝɐpᴉᴎƃ ꓭɐɔʞ ᗡoʍᴎ Ոᴎpǝᴙ
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
I don't know how many of you actually seen how a dealer work? If you see what i seen, i really don't quite bother with QC pics. I remembered someone said or sticky somewhere what QC really meant for which imo is very good reminder to all.

My first rep with the dealer, i follow suit expecting a set of QC pics. After a few deals, i don't really bother. In fact, i told dealer don't bother. I guess its the trust i have in the dealer, and hay it's really a lot of trouble to get the watch back in the office and preparing the pics for email. I'm not taking sides, but if you are there seeing the runner perspiring all over and had to prepare the watches for photo shoot...and we to examine and rejecting for some dust particles on the dial or crystals. I really think again if i'm prepare to do this...

I didn't know Ryan was the dealer op had issues with. I had dealings with Ryan last year, i have to say this chap is a winner! He response quick, and i would never believed he cheated on QC pics..i suspected is the person preparing the pics. But what puzzled me is why did the op started a thread before even the dealer already contacted him and promise to make good for him?

Just be patient, he is a trusted dealer here and he will not turn away for a matter like this. And imho, this is really a very very small matter. We would have change it if you didn't like it...peace out

Well said.
happy-096.gif

s3g0y

Renowned Member
15/12/10
Because it's NOT the type of thread 'please help me because I have a problem with my dealer'. I don't.
It's the thread 'do you think it could be a coincidence and do you think it's ok to do such things?'. Generally. It's not even about Ryan or his staff. Because many dealers do this kind of tricks. Many folks gave a lot of examples.
It's about how this business works.

I got a feeling that I said it like 100 times before in this thread.