• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Poor disclosure in sales threads!

Jeremy

Renowned Member
16/6/13
100 post minimum. If posts by member are deemed as "self-serving" then member would be cautioned and disallowed from sales area.

I think this deserves serious consideration. Perhaps M2M sales should be restricted for 30 days after joining and a include a reasonable minimum post count.

The disclosure issues aside, the amount of noob sale posts has to waste a tremendous amount of mods' time nuking and re-nuking them. Obviously some new members are exceptions to this, but I think many headaches would be prevented with some additional controls in place.

As for disclosures, the photos and description should tell the real story. There's no excuse for crappy pics -- we all have a decent camera or a smartphone capable of taking quality photos -- and if someone posts photos that don't allow you to confirm what they say they're selling, simply don't buy from them.

Edit: Fixed typo

shandroid

Put Some Respect On My Name
13/9/10
If it were my deal, I'd be vociferous. But I'm well aware of the bad deal, and so are others. If the member involved wont speak up, I won't. But some of us should buy mirrors.

Mirror in hand... This thread is taking an interesting plot twist.

Lets see where it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

d4m.test

Ahhhh I'm probably guilty of this stuff now. I just listed 9 watches that I barely touched and almost never wore, and shuffled them off in one swoop like a McDonald's drive thru. One watch turned out to be in rough condition and I listed it as near mint. :picard:

I haven't shipped it yet, and I disclosed it to the seller and he claims to be OK with it, but I think I'm gonna take another look at it when I get home and refund if I don't like what I see.

I'm never listing a bunch of watches like that again. Next time I'm doing one at a time.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Hope you're not talking about my 360 Raji:spank:

I have mixed feelings on this. Limiting to VIP member only sales would limit the posts and choices in the sales section. RWI has the best sales section of all the forums and the reason for that is obvious....anyone can sell. The buyer needs to do a little due diligence too. If the pictures suck... but the price is great, maybe it's worth taking a chance, but don't be pissed when you get a marked up paper weight in your mailbox. Ask for better pics and get clarification on what near mint means to the seller. Now...If you do your due diligence and the sellers still fuks you, then the person is just a scum bag liar and should be banned immediately. One strike and you're out. :ninjastar:

ninja

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/12/10
It's me he's talking about with the sales thread and the super avenger I had for sale.

He wasn't happy because the chrono was a hair off on the 11 side, where on the ad photos it's a hair off on the other side of 12,

There was a light scratch on the case which is why i listed the watch as near mint and not mint, i mean its a highly polished SA, you can't sneeze without giving it a light scratch.

It's a blue dial instead of the black dial he thought it was and 'nobody likes blue dials and they're hard to sell because they're so inaccurate'.

The crown is 'threaded', even though it does screw in although not as much as a v3 for example, but v2 crowns are a known to not screw down as much as the noob v3 and its like complaining about a loose clasp on a BP sub - thats just the way it is.

And finally because of a big ding in the case, which was NOT there when I shipped it. On top of that the watch was like 200 USD for a pretty much brand new V2 super avenger, minus a strap of course but they are only like 50 at the most which I think is still a good deal, if he got it serviced it would be around 350 - still less then a brand new one.

I've been a member for a while here and I was vip until my membership ran out and i couldn't renew it as it was back when we had that issue and admittedly I've been lazy and haven't done it since it was fixed but that doesn't mean I'm a scammer or just out to try and trick people. The watch was cheap, it was near mint, there was a photo and a comment of it not resetting exactly to 12 which I barely noticed until I put pics up as it is literally a hair so why should I give a refund now to a watch which is in worse condition then when I sent it out?

Now i'm not in here to make a big issue of it in front of the whole board, I'm more of a lurker who just reads and gains info and I do help out with tips or answer questions when I can, but I don't get involved in these big drama issues so I won't be commenting on here and fueling this anymore, I've replied to the mod who's contacted me on it and we'll see where it goes.

shandroid

13/9/10
It's me he's talking about with the sales thread and the super avenger I had for sale.

He wasn't happy because the chrono was a hair off on the 11 side, where on the ad photos it's a hair off on the other side of 12,

There was a light scratch on the case which is why i listed the watch as near mint and not mint, i mean its a highly polished SA, you can't sneeze without giving it a light scratch.

It's a blue dial instead of the black dial he thought it was and 'nobody likes blue dials and they're hard to sell because they're so inaccurate'.

The crown is 'threaded', even though it does screw in although not as much as a v3 for example, but v2 crowns are a known to not screw down as much as the noob v3 and its like complaining about a loose clasp on a BP sub - thats just the way it is.

And finally because of a big ding in the case, which was NOT there when I shipped it. On top of that the watch was like 200 USD for a pretty much brand new V2 super avenger, minus a strap of course but they are only like 50 at the most which I think is still a good deal, if he got it serviced it would be around 350 - still less then a brand new one.

I've been a member for a while here and I was vip until my membership ran out and i couldn't renew it as it was back when we had that issue and admittedly I've been lazy and haven't done it since it was fixed but that doesn't mean I'm a scammer or just out to try and trick people. The watch was cheap, it was near mint, there was a photo and a comment of it not resetting exactly to 12 which I barely noticed until I put pics up as it is literally a hair so why should I give a refund now to a watch which is in worse condition then when I sent it out?

Now i'm not in here to make a big issue of it in front of the whole board, I'm more of a lurker who just reads and gains info and I do help out with tips or answer questions when I can, but I don't get involved in these big drama issues so I won't be commenting on here and fueling this anymore, I've replied to the mod who's contacted me on it and we'll see where it goes.

Welcome.

Lets break out the Pm's then, shall we...?

Keeping in mind that you live an hour away - so what you expect me/us to believe is that your packaging was so poor that that short distance ended up seeing an apparently undamaged watch get a considerable ding in the case, without damaging ANY of the packaging? Bull... SHIT!

I sent you a pm outlining my concerns within minutes of receiving the watch - and, although disappointing, I would wear pretty much all the issues, but not the case ding... You basically dismissed my concerns.

I'm not disputing the crown screws down, what I've said to you from the start, is that half a turn of purchase on the thread is stripped, (albeit, not completely) but is worth a mention in any case. I also told you I'm well aware of the issues associated with this. Remember?

And, like I said, the blue dial is less appealing to most, based on the inaccurate colour, but my point is, you didn't specify and it looks stark black in the pics.

Aaaand, to top it off, you called me on a flaw (a rep, FLAW) on a watch I sold you after I'd mentioned these issues to you... You never mentioned it before?! Wtf was that about. I'm talking about damage, not a misaligned tachy ring!

ninja

Banned
20/12/10
That ding wasn't there before I don't care how many times u want to argue that, and yes it was pretty well packed, I did put a lot of bubble wrap to make sure it arrived ok but it didn't, now I see why people put those disclosure statements in there adds about once it leaves their hands its not their problem anymore. I don't know what the hell the posties did but that ding was not there before!

shandroid

13/9/10
That ding wasn't there before I don't care how many times u want to argue that, and yes it was pretty well packed, I did put a lot of bubble wrap to make sure it arrived ok but it didn't, now I see why people put those disclosure statements in there adds about once it leaves their hands its not their problem anymore. I don't know what the hell the posties did but that ding was not there before!

In fairness, the caveats and disclosures are usually for international sales.

You live down the highway and to the left. Not across the Pacific!

If someone can explain to me a scenario where a chunk of metal, that is adequately packaged (as it was) can somehow sustain damage like that mentioned without and damage at all to the packaging, I'll consider dropping this.

What is more believable - If you are telling the truth - is that you just honestly missed it. Maybe you did...? In any case, you're trying to pass the buck onto Aus post, but that ain't gonna fly... Your packaging was too good for that excuse to hold water.

Sorry mate, but this one falls on you.

D

d4m.test

Hope you're not talking about my 360 Raji:spank:

Nope. But when I cross the border, it may end up being the one I smuggle in my anus.

I was talking about the LV sub I listed. When I took movement pics, I noticed a crap load of lug scratches in the back. Then some small scratches on the green bezel. I just never looked close enough at it, and there were just too many watches. I'll probably scrutinize every watch when I get home before I ship.

Ugh. 5 watches to ship. Lol. I can definitely understand how sellers can overlook stuff sometimes.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

mitchbaria

15/10/12
Everyone looked in the mirror and some poor guy screams out "it's me!" AhhhhheeeeEeowww:rofl: hilarious!

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
At the end of the day, maybe sales mods should approve every thread?
Mate, our sales team has a high enough workload already. They are volunteers after all, we can only ask so much of them.

I always wondering - why we're bragging, that we have more, than 60,000 members? 95% of them never become VIPs, never contribute, never participate... They come, grab the watches, or sell their obvious crap, and disappear. So, What's the point? I'm watching newcomers for the last few months... Only 4-5 became active members. But hundreds came. Where they are? And then we see - a member with 3 or 4 posts trying to unload a bunch of shit in M2M.
So, the question to Administration - do we really need such a "members"? Good people suffer.
This forum exists for everyone, not just for an elite few who have the time and inclination to post. It is totally outside the spirit of RWI to limit membership to folk who participate in an active manner. We have members who have been here since day one and have not a post to their names. They are still here and browse the forum regularly, some are even VIPs.

Would take care of funding issues for the forum!

You wanna sell? Please pay 'here' first for your VIP membership.
NEVER! This forum will never insist on payment to sell. That is once again completely against the spirit of the place.

We had a 50 post or greater before you could sell, we removed it because it didn't bloody work! You guys don't see the Help Desk tickets and PMs, we do. There are just as many if not more issues with long standing members than with noobs. While noobs give more issues with dealer sales most M2M sales issues are with folk who would pass any reasonable post/time requirement for selling. If there was any point to such a rule we would never removed it in the first place.

Take a look at the sales sections of any of the gen boards folks. Over there you get no protection at all, no mediation, no scrutiny of sales threads at all. It's buyer beware. Quite frankly whether you know it or not you are spoilt here. You show me one other place on the Internet with the safeguards we have in place here, and in addition to that it's free! The rep fora protect their members from unscrupulous trade practices to a far greater extent than anywhere else I know and TBH I kinda think some folk may be beginning to take it for granted when they should be thanking their lucky stars for having it so good.

mitchbaria

15/10/12
There's some hurt feelings lying just under the surface of this thread that has nothing to do with noobs,,,, but I do wish noobs of late would read more concerning the rules that cover the posting of QC's and also it shouldn't take a rule for people to know how to treat others.....

shandroid

13/9/10
Mate, our sales team has a high enough workload already. They are volunteers after all, we can only ask so much of them.

This forum exists for everyone, not just for an elite few who have the time and inclination to post. It is totally outside the spirit of RWI to limit membership to folk who participate in an active manner. We have members who have been here since day one and have not a post to their names. They are still here and browse the forum regularly, some are even VIPs.

NEVER! This forum will never insist on payment to sell. That is once again completely against the spirit of the place.

We had a 50 post or greater before you could sell, we removed it because it didn't bloody work! You guys don't see the Help Desk tickets and PMs, we do. There are just as many if not more issues with long standing members than with noobs. While noobs give more issues with dealer sales most M2M sales issues are with folk who would pass any reasonable post/time requirement for selling. If there was any point to such a rule we would never removed it in the first place.

Take a look at the sales sections of any of the gen boards folks. Over there you get no protection at all, no mediation, no scrutiny of sales threads at all. It's buyer beware. Quite frankly whether you know it or not you are spoilt here. You show me one other place on the Internet with the safeguards we have in place here, and in addition to that it's free! The rep fora protect their members from unscrupulous trade practices to a far greater extent than anywhere else I know and TBH I kinda think some folk may be beginning to take it for granted when they should be thanking their lucky stars for having it so good.

Fair call, col...

D

d4m.test

Nope. But when I cross the border, it may end up being the one I smuggle in my anus.

POTMFD:rofl:
(post of the motha f***in day)

Hilarious!!!!!!

Please don't let it be true

D

d4m.test

This^^^^^^^

+infinity

Steven

Renowned Member
17/10/12
I want to see this guys' ding...just saying.

I think we all, at times, get carried away with details and bs. At the end of the day most of the common reps here are within the price of a nice family dinner and maybe a tank of gas.

That doesn't excuse poor disclosure but we're really talking about spare change most of the time.

D

d4m.test

Agreed, since it's in the public now...let see some pics!

Jeremy

Renowned Member
16/6/13
1yAFXU5.jpg

Rudy40

Banned
6/10/12
For the record!

I woke up this morning to a mess! That i didnt want to be a part of.
So let me clear the air about me and shaindroids dealing's.
I have bought four watches from shaindroid all was good besides one i didnt agree with. I didnt say anything about it, Because of thread's just like this! And didnt think there was enough money difference there to argue about it!

He has been good to me! Just like some other member's here has also been good to me. And thats why i dont want to say anything about issues with one watch.

Shaindroid step forword and addressed the issue i had with the one watch i wasnt happy with. And refunded me some of my money back. Which i didnt care about in the first place. What i did care about is i lost a friend over $60 dollars. And that was what hurt me the most over this mess. I joined this forum for the friendship and talk about watches. Not to argue over money issues and be involved in threads like this.
So for the record shaindroid has made good on his dealing with me. And i am very sorry that it ended this way. I wish we could be all enjoying this hobby and just get along but i guess that would be a perfect world now wouldnt it! I guess i cant have my cake and eat it to!!
Thank you shaindroid for making things right on our dealing's!
Now can we all move on please?

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
What a F'ing load of shit this ninja guy is giving shan. Ninja just take your crappy watch back and give shan and refund. WTF??