• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

I just have to ask, what is the deal with RepGeek?

-Tank-

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/4/09
A few years back (2008) I believe, myself and two friends used to peruse the RepGeek forums at work and it got us into the Rep Scene as they say. We all pretty much bought out our limits and somewhat shy'd away from the REP forums due to a purchase of our hospital. Basically so we stayed away from forums in general just in case BigBrother was watching.

Anyways, I came back to the scene and thank the Lord for RWI and RWG or I would not have gotten back in to Reps at all. I havent been able to get into RepGeek at all, emailed pretty much most of the mods, even Trailboss here to intervene on my behalf. He directed me to someone (SFA437) who never responded to my PM.

I even created 3 other new alias' trying to get into RepGeek - just curious to know if anyone knows what the deal is with the site and its owners/mods. No one responds to PM's, emails or anything. I have NEVER been banned from the site and even had a good reputation for buying and selling. I guess I am just confused as to why the cold shoulder from RepGeek.

A few years ago, all three of us attended a Houston Gathering with some other Rep fans at this mexican restaurant in Houston. I remember some guy saying that RepGeek was all about the money they could get from members. At the time, I was thinking the guy was a bitter fool, and just stayed away from him at the gathering. Im starting to wonder if the guy was on to something.

Im a looker. I like to see what other people are wearing these days so the more sites the better I think. Plus no one site has all the information about Reps, so its beneficial to learn by visiting as many sites as possible.

Please forgive me if it is bad form to ask about another site. Its the only place I can get information though. This is also not a bashing thread for RepGeek so please be honest and frank if you decide to reply. Im just a little lost in translation, as they say.

Dave / -Tank-

shandroid

Put Some Respect On My Name
13/9/10
Not bad form I don't think... I still hangout over there a bit, but this is home...

Certainly is different over there to what I remember...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

frigpig

Ghost of Sales Mod Past
Advisor
16/8/09
It's gotten better. There was alot of drama there a while back with "the owner" scamming alot of people out of money.

SFA is a really good guy. The problem with the geek IMO is once your IP has been flagged for ANY reason at all.....well, it's basically the same as getting banned.

There are brand new people that have never visited there before not getting acess.

RWI is a friendly, knowlageble place. Stay here. ;)

-Tank-

5/4/09
Thanks for the information. I know my IP wasnt flagged since I am with a new ISP and I never did anything that I know of that would have gotten me banned. I cant remember if I posted as Tank or Daveytrain a few years back. Cyfer or Cyfur and Porter and I posted quite a bit. I guess I am just confused as to why no one responds to requests or inquiries.

RWI and RWG are awesome. RWI seems to get a bit more traffic, but I met some great people so far on both sites like Watt44 who sold me my favorite PVD Panerai and bbphrog my 1st rolex YM. And Watt is even an Aussie! :p J/K Watt!

Dave / -Tank-

Shandroid, that guy in your sig cracks me up and creeps me out all at the same time LOL!

arcadia

11/8/11
A number of the people here are also at RG with different aliases and vice versa. I personally have nothing against that forum. They have a little bit wider sales section posts that I check out every now and then but for most information it's just about the same.

The initial main difference I see why I decided to stick here is primarilyy the interface. Really. I simply like the selection of interfaces here and how easier it is to navigate the site. RWI even has an interface named Black Stealth that I'm using right now that is simply fab. I can go to any coffee shop or public venue and browse RWI without any "replica" banner screaming on the headings. :) Hats off to the developers. :D

frankt8242

I'm Pretty Popular
12/5/06
I've been a VIP member there since 2007>>>

And, except for the "mini mutiny" a couple of years ago, it's been an excellent source of info, with some very helpful "Bro's", with decent attitudes...
There, and here are the two most informative places in repdom..

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Shandroid, that guy in your sig cracks me up and creeps me out all at the same time LOL!

His name is Schlitze the pinhead and played in a film called Freaks. Poor guy they always made him wear a dress LoL.

Wasnt RG initially formed from some members that left here. I remember Anubis asking if I wanted to be mod with them when they just started but the vibes werent right. Sounds like they are quite heavyhanded over there.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
I do hope you don't have multiple accounts here. :nuke:

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
Yep that forum invited many members here to come there by offreing free vip status. I know I was personally invited by the owner and then asked to leave after I mentioned a naughty word. LMFAO pussies.

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Yep that forum invited many members here to come there by offreing free vip status. I know I was personally invited by the owner and then asked to leave after I mentioned a naughty word. LMFAO pussies.

Yes it's coming back now. Anubus wife or gf was also a member on this board at the time. Her name was strange, something like yydragsil or something like that LoL....those people were creeepy and that egyptian god avatar used to creep me out.

Wow it really makes you appreciate the good peeps here. Home sweet home.
heart-119.gif

-Tank-

5/4/09
I do hope you don't have multiple accounts here. :nuke:

Nope, I typically go by Tank in every forum unless it is taken, then -Tank-, from Game forums to Rep forums to even Cooking forums (dont ask, its a hobby!) Im too old to remember a bunch of names and passwords.

I appreciate again the input, any ideas why Repgeek wouldnt answer PM's or emails other than a problem with the IP?

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Any more User names you can think of?

-Tank-

5/4/09
Any more User names you can think of?

Q, kinda makes me feel unwelcome when I PM you with all/any thing I can think of and then see your post on this thread.

I dont think I have done anything wrong here at RWI - please correct me if I have and I will make amends. I do not like nor want any drama.

shandroid

13/9/10
Aussie, Aussie, Aussie. Oi, Oi, Oi!!!!!!!

haha, I f@cking love Archer.... Guy cracks me up like no other...

shandroid

13/9/10
Aussie, Aussie, Aussie. Oi, Oi, Oi!!!!!!!

haha, I f@cking love Archer.... Guy cracks me up like no other...

:facepalm:

And to think I deal with contracts all day, everyday!!!! I really need to pay more attention to the details - I thought you meant my avatar!!!

Yeh, schlitzy is a legend... He still cracks me up even now! Thinkbachs is also a legend, as he cooked it up for me, the legend... :p

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Q, kinda makes me feel unwelcome when I PM you with all/any thing I can think of and then see your post on this thread.

I dont think I have done anything wrong here at RWI - please correct me if I have and I will make amends. I do not like nor want any drama.

I don't like drama either.
I found that you had more than one account here and gave you a chance to explain or admit. Instead you reply with....

Nope, I typically go by Tank in every forum unless it is taken, then -Tank-......

Then you PM me and say you remember one.

I hope all members who read this understand that it is not okay to create more than one user account. If there is a problem, don't make a new one .(or three!) Capice?

You will remain -tank-. Now let's talk reps. :lol: