• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Finally!! ZF 15720

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
thank you for the info! Any chance of these being repped? $6k is a lot for a bracelet lol

Also, how extensive is the process for removing the quick link system? Difficult to put back on?
I think there’s always a chance of the quick release bracelet being repped. In this hobby you just need to be patient.
As mentioned the quick release system is on the endlinks and done by pressing buttons on the bottom of the endlinks. So to remove this system one just really need to remove the endlinks (they can be removed by loosening 4 screws) and the older ROO bracelets (which have the links as part of the bracelet) put onto the diver case and tightening the same 4 screws. It is easy in both theory and practice.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Thanks for sharing @2blue2day 👌🏻

Im on a fence with this one. Id very much like to squeeze the 4302 clone in the grey one, since I doubt that ZF or APS (or whoever) will bother cloning the actual 4308.

By any chance, havent you had a thought about this @legend ?
Im sure Im not the first one with such an idea.
In theory the 4302 would fit the diver. Or be made to fit via mods. I do believe that the date window positions are the same for the 15500 and the 15720. I could be wrong but this is my opinion.

Procurator

Strawcruncher
Certified
15/1/20
SEA
In theory the 4302 would fit the diver. Or be made to fit via mods. I do believe that the date window positions are the same for the 15500 and the 15720. I could be wrong but this is my opinion.
I think so too, my only concern is stem hight in relation to the midcase, which is way different than the 500. Potentially it can screw up the whole stacking and tolerances. But then again, its the same base, so who knows. I think it should fit though.

I’d be very interested, if someone who has one physically would do a technical analysis or a direct comparison. Or if you will accept a project like that yourself.

GRiZZY_801

You're Saying I Can Sell?
MULTI ACCOUNT
27/7/22
CONUS
I think there’s always a chance of the quick release bracelet being repped. In this hobby you just need to be patient.
As mentioned the quick release system is on the endlinks and done by pressing buttons on the bottom of the endlinks. So to remove this system one just really need to remove the endlinks (they can be removed by loosening 4 screws) and the older ROO bracelets (which have the links as part of the bracelet) put onto the diver case and tightening the same 4 screws. It is easy in both theory and practice.
Ah I understand, thank you for explaining that.

Will definitely be patient, but good to hear that the existing steel bracelet will fit also.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I think so too, my only concern is stem hight in relation to the midcase, which is way different than the 500. Potentially it can screw up the whole stacking and tolerances. But then again, its the same base, so who knows. I think it should fit though.

I’d be very interested, if someone who has one physically would do a technical analysis or a direct comparison. Or if you will accept a project like that yourself.
Well, if you care to send me a 4302 and the diver, I can take on the job.

Reactions: Allure and Kettle23

2blue2day

10/8/22
Since apparently no one likes the carbon model, I sacrificed myself and ordered one ;-)
If it is desired, I can make a few better photos on the weekend. The first impression: Well made, only the rotor is a bit too loud.

Thank you for sharing, it looks great IMO.

Reactions: JayBee0815

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Thank you @JayBee0815

I do like it a lot, contrary toyour belief ;) but i wouldnt be able to justfy it since i own a pretty sweet 15706

Wish there were more photos of the army green…that intrigues me

Reactions: JayBee0815

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Since apparently no one likes the carbon model, I sacrificed myself and ordered one ;-)
If it is desired, I can make a few better photos on the weekend. The first impression: Well made, only the rotor is a bit too loud.

That isn’t the carbon model. It is white gold in the gen with a black ceramic bezel. For the 15720 there is no carbon base model.

notdiglet_

19/11/19
For

For the gen 15720 grey, the dive timing bezel (it is neither a rehaut nor a chapter ring, those are Rolex nomenclatures) is a very dark blue. The rubber gasket ring between the bezel and midcase is a dark grey, supposedly color keyed to the dial but in reality much darker. It is grey for the grey dial, khaki green on the green dial and dark blue on the blue dial. It is black on the white gold black dial model.
I think that the grey is the most accurate rep model color wise, considering the dial, dive bezel details, both crowns and the gasket ring colors. I like the rep details of the grey 15720ST. And you should too. I just have to correct some observations. I do not own the gen 15720ST as I am not fond of the model in general but on the occasions I was offered to purchase them I’ve seen and handled the details on all the colors and if I am to pick one it’ll be the grey dial model (for gen or rep both). I will not even consider the rest.
I'm curious to know your thoughts, which color is more genuine (overall), the IPF or ZF version? ZF dial looks better, but it appears to have black crowns as opposed to grey in the IPF version.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I'm curious to know your thoughts, which color is more genuine (overall), the IPF or ZF version? ZF dial looks better, but it appears to have black crowns as opposed to grey in the IPF version.
Ok but what are we comparing? Different dial colors vs their gen counterparts or colors between the different makers?

Reactions: Allure

Kettle23

Horology Curious
27/12/22
UK
That isn’t the carbon model. It is white gold in the gen with a black ceramic bezel. For the 15720 there is no carbon base model.
Hi legend,

First comment and late to the show of the rep community but am completely obsessed already and about to place an order on a gray 15720 as my first rep. Love the 15720 but just like imagining a reliable ford motor in a Bentley continental, it cannot be a vibe to see a reliable miyota in a 15720. Its deserves a A302 or at least a v8.

Wondering how much a genius procedure like that would cost humble newb like myself mate?

Plz feel free to DM (if you can do that)

Cheers ;)

Kettle23

Horology Curious
27/12/22
UK
Hi legend,

First comment and late to the show of the rep community but am completely obsessed already and about to place an order on a gray 15720 as my first rep. Love the 15720 but just like imagining a reliable ford motor in a Bentley continental, it cannot be a vibe to see a reliable miyota in a 15720. Its deserves a A302 or at least a v8.

Wondering how much a genius procedure like that would cost humble newb like myself mate?

Cheers ;)

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Hi legend,

Cheers ;)
I agree that a Bentley continental shouldn’t be fitted with a Toyota motor. That would be travesty.
I won’t know how much would fitting a 4302 caliber to the diver would cost because I have not done it before. But I strongly believe that it can be done.
If you want to communicate with me you can PM me. Otherwise feel free to continue the discussion here please. Thank you.

Reactions: Allure and Kettle23

Kettle23

Horology Curious
27/12/22
UK
I agree that a Bentley continental shouldn’t be fitted with a Toyota motor. That would be travesty.
I won’t know how much would fitting a 4302 caliber to the diver would cost because I have not done it before. But I strongly believe that it can be done.
If you want to communicate with me you can PM me. Otherwise feel free to continue the discussion here please. Thank you.
Indeed , A little like the Ferrari / Toyota powered kit cars you used to see these bad rep hustlers flossing around town when you were a kid haha!!

Anyway, thanks for the input. I suppose in terms of the discussion the main 3 caveats to this (for me) would be :

1) can a decorated 4302 be sourced and from where!

2) research suggests (4302) are designed best to suit 41mm and the diver in Q is a 42mm.

3) The zf 15720’s miyota is 3.9mm thick. however, the 4302 is considerably thicker, 4.8mm. therefore, would this possibly exceed the capacity of the Asian 15720 cases design, as the case internally may not have been forged to cater for a 4.8mm.

Unless the case has been allowed tolerances for reuse in future reiterations. A v3 etc. There would be some doubt in my mind though due to the arduous tasks these factories have in minimising the kit in these watch’s to suit very slender sizes of the gems.

I would assume you would have no clue unless you had already completely dissembled one and measured it!

I’m a perfectionist by nature, so I like to see everything that is visible on the eye about look and feel as much as the actual the real as possible . Just my own personal preference. So, especially as this watch has open case back, I would only need 4302 , I would need a decorated 4302 😂

so unless I can buy a pre-decorated 4302 which is perfectly slots into the zf diver case , I suppose I better just wait for our Asian counterparts to finally stop cutting production overheads (stingers) , installing “Toyotas into Bentleys carcasses”. …

No doubt, this is a very popular model and if they did this watch justice with a descent moment , the perfection of this grey 15720, IMP, this would be one of the biggest hit kettles to come out of Z factory.

I think it’s probably a great project for somebody who has the money and time to experiment and be prepared for potential success or failure, but indeed, for me personally, unless all of the above is doable and cost effective, I will probably just try and get the rubber gasket changed instead lol