• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Finally!! ZF 15720

Hublot1704

I'm Pretty Popular
26/5/17
Saw the ZF diver released on Jtime but it seems they installed a black inner rehaut on the grey one ... should be a blue one :( but checked with other pics on other TD sites and there it is correct :)

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Not sure if this is a dumb question, but will the steel bracelet here (https://www.intime06.co/spare-watch...offshore-jf-new-stainless-steel-bracelet.html) fit the new ZF 15720? Love the look of the new green 15720, but I think the steel bracelet would really make it better.

If not, any ideas? Thank you!
Yes it would fit. That is the short answer.
You may however like to know that the 15720 comes on quick release straps and while mounting the traditional bracelet on it works, it’ll remove the quick release system.

GRiZZY_801

You're Saying I Can Sell?
MULTI ACCOUNT
27/7/22
CONUS
Yes it would fit. That is the short answer.
You may however like to know that the 15720 comes on quick release straps and while mounting the traditional bracelet on it works, it’ll remove the quick release system.
Ah okay, that’s good to know! Is there any information I could read about the quick release? Any idea if the factories will make a quick release compatible steel bracelet?

Also, apologies for the triple post, something glitched on me. Feel free to delete two of then if you can, I couldn’t figure it out.

Fettekatze

Renowned Member
Certified
16/11/13
US
Ah okay, that’s good to know! Is there any information I could read about the quick release? Any idea if the factories will make a quick release compatible steel bracelet?

Also, apologies for the triple post, something glitched on me. Feel free to delete two of then if you can, I couldn’t figure it out.
Very unlikely. There's no quick release bracelet in gen, as the last Diver with bracelet has been discontinued for quite some time. They aren't going to spend that effort to rep something that doesn't exist, particularly with demand for larger watches dwindling.

Reactions: GRiZZY_801

GRiZZY_801

MULTI ACCOUNT
27/7/22
CONUS
Very unlikely. There's no quick release bracelet in gen, as the last Diver with bracelet has been discontinued for quite some time. They aren't going to spend that effort to rep something that doesn't exist, particularly with demand for larger watches dwindling.
Thank you for the reply, that makes sense. I didn’t know the gen didn’t even have the steel bracelet as an option.

Do you know how complicated taking the whiled release off is? Is it reversible?

Fettekatze

Renowned Member
Certified
16/11/13
US
Thank you for the reply, that makes sense. I didn’t know the gen didn’t even have the steel bracelet as an option.

Hmm now that I'm looking into it, I don't think the Diver ever came with a bracelet. The 42mm Offshore Chrono did, and that's where the bracelets you see came from.

GRiZZY_801

MULTI ACCOUNT
27/7/22
CONUS
Hmm now that I'm looking into it, I don't think the Diver ever came with a bracelet. The 42mm Offshore Chrono did, and that's where the bracelets you see came from.
Oh interesting! I have seen a couple photos of a ROO diver with the steel bracelet that I really like. I’m pretty new to reps so I didn’t know that! Thank you for the help.

It’s pretty far down the list so planning for the future. 15500 Blue ZF V3 is next tho.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
There are 2 quick release bracelets in gen, a stainless steel and a titanium one. I own both.
These are technically for the 26238 ROO, but they can be fitted on the 15720 divers as well.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

The quick release bracelets for the 26238 ROOs can be fitted on the 15720 divers.
You cannot remove the quick-release system as they are on the plots/endlinks attached to the watch.
The plots themselves however can be removed from the watch like the regular older series ones.

2blue2day

10/8/22
My ZF 15720 gray came in yesterday. Here are some photos.

ZF 15720 Gray

Please note that the rehaut/chapter ring is more of dark navy in person. The main issue with this rep from my first impression is gray color rubber bezel gasket. Gen gray 15720 has dark navy rubber bezel gasket similar color tone to the rehaut/chapter ring. I haven't seen gen in person, and only comparing to online photos I found. Other than bezel gasket color, quick release system works well for both strap and buckle. IMO, blue ZF 15720 is a better buy atm.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
For
My ZF 15720 gray came in yesterday. Here are some photos.

ZF 15720 Gray

Please note that the rehaut/chapter ring is more of dark navy in person. The main issue with this rep from my first impression is gray color rubber bezel gasket. Gen gray 15720 has dark navy rubber bezel gasket similar color tone to the rehaut/chapter ring. I haven't seen gen in person, and only comparing to online photos I found. Other than bezel gasket color, quick release system works well for both strap and buckle. IMO, blue ZF 15720 is a better buy atm.
For the gen 15720 grey, the dive timing bezel (it is neither a rehaut nor a chapter ring, those are Rolex nomenclatures) is a very dark blue. The rubber gasket ring between the bezel and midcase is a dark grey, supposedly color keyed to the dial but in reality much darker. It is grey for the grey dial, khaki green on the green dial and dark blue on the blue dial. It is black on the white gold black dial model.
I think that the grey is the most accurate rep model color wise, considering the dial, dive bezel details, both crowns and the gasket ring colors. I like the rep details of the grey 15720ST. And you should too. I just have to correct some observations. I do not own the gen 15720ST as I am not fond of the model in general but on the occasions I was offered to purchase them I’ve seen and handled the details on all the colors and if I am to pick one it’ll be the grey dial model (for gen or rep both). I will not even consider the rest.

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
For

For the gen 15720 grey, the dive timing bezel (it is neither a rehaut nor a chapter ring, those are Rolex nomenclatures) is a very dark blue. The rubber gasket ring between the bezel and midcase is a dark grey, supposedly color keyed to the dial but in reality much darker. It is grey for the grey dial, khaki green on the green dial and dark blue on the blue dial. It is black on the white gold black dial model.
I think that the grey is the most accurate rep model color wise, considering the dial, dive bezel details, both crowns and the gasket ring colors. I like the rep details of the grey 15720ST. And you should too. I just have to correct some observations. I do not own the gen 15720ST as I am not fond of the model in general but on the occasions I was offered to purchase them I’ve seen and handled the details on all the colors and if I am to pick one it’ll be the grey dial model (for gen or rep both). I will not even consider the rest.
not even the khaki/army green meh ?

2blue2day

10/8/22
For

Thank you for your input, I love the color despite the incorrect color on the bezel rubber gasket. I'm going to order a blue one for personal amusement. :)

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
not even the khaki/army green meh ?
For me the dial color of the green looks cartoonish in person, like dried alien vomitus after said alien has had too much fried chicken. That is just my opinion. I’m sure many will love it.

Reactions: Allure

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Thank you for your input, I love the color despite the incorrect color on the bezel rubber gasket. I'm going to order a blue one for personal amusement. :)
Yes in the rep the gasket color is a little light but this can be easily addressed through a recolor if really necessary.
You have a very nice watch but of course are at complete liberty to decide which one you prefer.

Procurator

Strawcruncher
Gold Patron
Certified
15/1/20
SEA
Thanks for sharing @2blue2day 👌🏻

Im on a fence with this one. Id very much like to squeeze the 4302 clone in the grey one, since I doubt that ZF or APS (or whoever) will bother cloning the actual 4308.

By any chance, havent you had a thought about this @legend ?
Im sure Im not the first one with such an idea.

GRiZZY_801

MULTI ACCOUNT
27/7/22
CONUS
There are 2 quick release bracelets in gen, a stainless steel and a titanium one. I own both.
These are technically for the 26238 ROO, but they can be fitted on the 15720 divers as well.
thank you for the info! Any chance of these being repped? $6k is a lot for a bracelet lol

Also, how extensive is the process for removing the quick link system? Difficult to put back on?