• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF will launch the 2018 Baselworld Tudor Black Bay GMT Pepsi next month

TimeDweller27

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/11/18
Hello guys, i received my watch two days ago and i can already observe some little scratchs on the glass, only visible with light. I was wondering if you guys have the same ?
Thanks!

Sent from the RWI App

I have the same issue. It looks like it is on the inside though

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
Please guys can someone tell me is Trustytime good place to buy or you can reccomend good TD? Thank you very much in advance.

Tacotuesday

1/6/18
I never thought about it. I heard 2893 is the better movement, more reliable and with CHS, jumping hour hands true gmt. Im not sure if thats true.
Also i heard people wish they still use the 2893 in the gmt watch since it's an amazing movement, but factory have stop using it in their rep.

I thought the 2893 was just more decorated and has a better accuracy rating out of the box. Not sure if that's down to just better quality parts or it's regulated before it's sent out Either way it has ICHS. For example check out the Monta Skyquest. Has the sellita version of the 2893 and to make the gmt had look level with the hour hand, the gmt hand is curved at the tip

Reactions: mikeanh77

AJ82

Known Member
19/3/17
Europe
My qc pics looked exactly the same. I was assured that in person it looks fine. Idk if I'll have to realign the bezel myself or maybe just put it a half click off. Or if it is in fact fine in person. Maybe the domed crystal causes some visual warp? I've seen gen pics that look off to so idk.

Got response back from Steve. 9 o’clock marker is aligned well, samme with dw. :) Accepted the watch.

A.J.

Kitosarg

Known Member
13/7/18
I recieved my watch today. As i was expecting: 12 o clock and 9 hour markers are crooked.
DW looks good to me, i thought it would be worse.
Im impressed on how beautiful this piece is appart from those dial crooked markers.
I have not seen this particular black bay gen in person, but ive seen and hold gen black bays and let me tell you zf has done an amazing job on replicating tudor.

I will try to source a new dial with my td. I dont really know if there is a fix for it other than changing the dial. If someone knows let me know please.

1606e6e7b4a99c14d14e7d80aa36a51e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beetleything

18/5/17
When I think about replica watches in general, particularly ZF creations, I think to my self if they had good QC, they'd be stellar pieces. But at the same time, it can be a product of being OCD. It's a privilege to wear high quality replicas at a fractional cost of their gen counterparts. And the small dust particles and misalignments aren't often visible from a few feet away. But damnit, I unfortunately know it's there..haha

IMG-20181130-200348415-2.jpg

I was thinking about this the others day.

20 Years ago when i would buy a watch from a watch store - the most i could afford was 300-400 dollars - i would buy a nice mechanical swiss made watch. Not a well known name but well made. Back then only wealthy people wore a Rolex etc.
Now everyone wants to be wealthy / look wealthy/ have Rolex etc - expensive labels etc.

It's crazy that people spend so much on cars / watches etc - the level of debt is crazy.
I think 400 dollars is a lot - obviously i am not wealthy.

It looks a really good replica.
A good watch maker might be able to get rid of the dust and clean up some of the other minor flaws.

Kitosarg

Known Member
13/7/18
I just got the time to play a little with the watch i recieved today. Checking on the DW numbers i find this:
a57b773b30eab63962cb71bf936965d5.jpg

I cant believe zf makes such a great watch, but dont seem to pay a lot of attention to qc.
Crooked markers and this seem so easy to identify before the watch leaves the factory.

iamxd

9/8/17
Europe
Is that an ink smudge over the 2?

Yeah wonders me too, rejected 2 QC now eating a few days for my TD to source a new one. Wonky hour markers and datewheel kinda sucks imo. Everything else looks so good! Blue could be a little brighter but fine since literally no one is wearing one of these right now and still hard to spot. Gen blue is definitely darker than on Tudors ps website pictures.

Kitosarg

Known Member
13/7/18
Is that an ink smudge over the 2?

Yeah wonders me too, rejected 2 QC now eating a few days for my TD to source a new one. Wonky hour markers and datewheel kinda sucks imo. Everything else looks so good! Blue could be a little brighter but fine since literally no one is wearing one of these right now and still hard to spot. Gen blue is definitely darker than on Tudors ps website pictures.

Yes it looks like it and it sucks.
Let me tell you the blue looks much better in person than in pictures. It wasn’t until i hold the watch that i saw how amazing the bezel looks. In the pictures you cant appreciate how the blue shines as you twist the watch. I love the bezel.

iamxd

9/8/17
Europe
Great that's good to know! I'm not concerned about the color anyways, just want a proper dw and insert haha

fakeprophet

23/6/18
That's a ridiculous ink smudge. SMH.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

dornier

Horology Curious
1/11/09
Does anyone know where to find a rep or close to the original brown leather Tudor band? If yes, could you share a link? Thanks.

Tacotuesday

1/6/18
So I think I may have gotten lucky. They said my ZF gmt was ready to be shipped, then they asked again for my approval of the QC images and I noticed nothing was tracking with the shipping number.

I feel bad but if they told other people that markers looked fine in person and they turned out not too they might have done it on mine. So I asked for another sample.