• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF will launch the 2018 Baselworld Tudor Black Bay GMT Pepsi next month

michi_werner

Known Member
21/8/18
There are TD's that perform their own in-house QC which may be worth it. But this can often extend the lead time of reception into weeks or months. Moreover, rightfully so, you get less of a discount via payment method. But in the end, you get what you pay for right?

I think nobody has answered this yet. Would really appreciate if someone could help with this! Thanks!

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
The ZF came in under expectations. Bezel assembly is way under par with the Tudor Herrods or other releases. Other than that is ok.

1675Fanboy

3/9/15
The ZF came in under expectations. Bezel assembly is way under par with the Tudor Herrods or other releases. Other than that is ok.

What is it you don’t like regarding the bezel construction? Just interested as I’ve just received mine and I’m quite impressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
What is it you don’t like regarding the bezel construction? Just interested as I’ve just received mine and I’m quite impressed.

Not as firm as GEN! GEN vs REP you would call this out easy just by turning the bezel.

1675Fanboy

3/9/15
Mine arrived early last week whilst I was out of the country. Got gone last night to find postman had left it under the doormat, amazed it was still there after 9 days!!

Very impressed with this piece. I had left the rep game last year and had been building up a collection of sub $1k gen pieces and the gen BBGMT was on the list but after trying unsuccessfully to get hold of one I thought why not try the ZF rep! Aside from the IHS I think it’s a very put together effort for a first attempt. The bezel Color is very good and I have no issues with markers or date wheel alignment, in fact it’s got me wondering if I’ll bother with the gen...

e170cfcb2caa6cb400774ca47926e1e1.jpg
2ade034a6fa7524f03d2bfc0b9190b25.jpg
d880483d53ed7aa6940ffd79fcb9ef49.jpg

aphillipe

Renowned Member
31/3/13
Okay.. someone needs to give in and trade me one of these for my Harrod's edition..

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: drmckenn

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
Mine arrived yesterday
Happy with it except I missed a spot of dust/lint under crystal between 12 and 1 in my qc pics

Easy enough fix and I will get to it when I can
6a2f6bba1e6fee8e6dd6d4860e14e44b.jpg
09fc175b513d42d961068243d3ffcf7e.jpg
2d00ae32c55ae0447c12776c8d83bbba.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Therion666

Tacotuesday

1/6/18
Not as firm as GEN! GEN vs REP you would call this out easy just by turning the bezel.

I'd certainly hope so. Havent held a gen but this bezel is rough. Last night I took mine off the bracelet and spun the bezel for about 4 hours. It's much better now but if I didnt do that it was damn near impossible to turn.

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
I'd certainly hope so. Havent held a gen but this bezel is rough. Last night I took mine off the bracelet and spun the bezel for about 4 hours. It's much better now but if I didnt do that it was damn near impossible to turn.

Mine turn too freely, a very REP tell. I don't think bezel assembly is GEN spec.

Tacotuesday

1/6/18
Does anyone know how close to gen the SEL's are? Thinking about buying a strapcode bracelet for this guy but if it's not the same in gen it likely won't fit.

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Does anyone know how close to gen the SEL's are? Thinking about buying a strapcode bracelet for this guy but if it's not the same in gen it likely won't fit.

GEN have a more raise center link, other than that is pretty good. Im sure GEN will fit, you can order one of your AD no problem.

Tacotuesday

1/6/18

Kitosarg

Known Member
13/7/18
Hey guys. I have a question for the ones who have already placed several orders with td’s from the forum.
ive purchased this piece, but recieved a horrible dial. I didnt notice that on the qc pictures so thats my fault.
But now, the dw has a number that has a incredible ink stain, and the watch is running a minute fast every day.
Are this acceptable flaws? The date wheel problem i can accept it, every 28th day of every month ill see that horrible stain, but it will last only a day. But the watch running over a minute fast every day has me changing the time every morning since i got it.
I dont really know if this is normal because im barely new to the site.
Thanks in advance to everyone.

Tacotuesday

1/6/18
Hey guys. I have a question for the ones who have already placed several orders with td’s from the forum.
ive purchased this piece, but recieved a horrible dial. I didnt notice that on the qc pictures so thats my fault.
But now, the dw has a number that has a incredible ink stain, and the watch is running a minute fast every day.
Are this acceptable flaws? The date wheel problem i can accept it, every 28th day of every month ill see that horrible stain, but it will last only a day. But the watch running over a minute fast every day has me changing the time every morning since i got it.

Doesnt have much to do with the TD's more the factory. Youre getting the same watch from whatever TD you buy from. As for QC I doubt any TD likes exchanging watches and I'm sure they do little to no QC.

As for are the flaws acceptable. Kinda, kinda not. Mine runs 20 seconds fast a day which for me is unacceptable so I plan on regulating it myself. The other issues from my experience depend on the factory. This is my first time ordering from ZF and I can tell they have major quality control problems since a ton of people are reporting issues. Factories like Noob and ARF have issues too but they seem to be less frequent, and you're likely paying more.

Reactions: Kitosarg

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15

7 minutes in a week is not so bad! Its an easy fix, any watch smith can do it.

Reactions: Kitosarg