• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF will launch the 2018 Baselworld Tudor Black Bay GMT Pepsi next month

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
Kind of wish there was a better factory/version for the GMT. The ZF seems fine but I'd like something a little nicer.

The only thing that I nitpick is that the blue is darker on this than gen. I saw what was supposedly a gen insert for $75. Wish I woulda snagged one and then got this ZF. But I really like this watch.

Reactions: TheRealm

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
Does it have the "correct hand stack"?

No sir. But I prefer the reliable movement over CHS any day. Now that some more reliable CHS Rollies are being produced, maybe they'll trickle their way down to the humble Tudors.

Not sure how much demand there would be for such a thing at this point though given that it could cost a solid $100+ I presume?

Last edited:
Reactions: RepWatchNoob

stephparis75

Horology Curious
3/9/17
Hello everyone, I recently bought a gmt pepsi at sead, what I did not see on the QC is that there is a small gap on the date wheel, I join you some photos, do those who own it have the same problem?
Do you think that can be repaired easily?
Thank you.

ffuhcu

14/7/16
The date wheel is quite recessed on these, when they were first released everyone thought date alignment was all over the place, however it was just how far recessed the date was causing any photo slightly off angle to affect how the date looked.

I'm not sure how recessed the gen is, and I don't think I've seen anyone with a mod to change how recessed our reps are.

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
It’s recessed due to the gmt modification on these. The gen is of course not recessed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RepWatchNoob

Known Member
3/5/18
EU
Ouh that does not look very good. Can you actually see that while you are looking at the watch whilst it is on your wrist.

stephparis75

Horology Curious
3/9/17
Ouh that does not look very good. Can you actually see that while you are looking at the watch whilst it is on your wrist.

No, because you need a particular angle, but because of the gap, it made like a small shadow on the date wheel with the light.

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
Could possibly be cured if this is an actual printed wheel you could fit a standard eta dw and then trim this as an overlay or if it’s an overlay you could raise using dial dots.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dissemination

RepWatchNoob

Known Member
3/5/18
EU
Gmt arrived yesterday. Such a good looking piece. I am just wondering if I keep it or not. It’s a bit bulky on my tiny wrist.
5BNdn.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Dissemination

Parci73

Known Member
25/10/11
Yes, That is also my problem, its a beautiful watch but a little big for my wrist. Will wait for the next upcomming watch fair ...

I hope we will see a BB58 GMT!

RepWatchNoob

Known Member
3/5/18
EU
Not noticeable to me. I already sold it, but just it is too big for my wrist. I absolutely love the look of it and I think the rep has some good quality as well. Lume is awesome on that one

Reactions: stephparis75

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
I bump this thread a bit...

Anyone have ideas/links to some cool nato for this watch?

Seen the one from crown&buckle was looking really good but it seems the blue color doesn't match the insert color (browsed the 55 pages of that thread)

By the same occasion, if someone have some strap (leather, nato,...) for that watch, feel free to drop me a PM.

Gooch15

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/4/18
Not a NATO, but Crafter Blue sells curved end link rubber straps for Tudors