• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF will launch the 2018 Baselworld Tudor Black Bay GMT Pepsi next month

mikeanh77

13/11/18
Asia
I thought if you exchange the A 2836 (ICHS) for the ETA 2893 you get CHS. But then the arrangement is the same in both movements.

I never thought about it. I heard 2893 is the better movement, more reliable and with CHS, jumping hour hands true gmt. Im not sure if thats true.
Also i heard people wish they still use the 2893 in the gmt watch since it's an amazing movement, but factory have stop using it in their rep.

tamere

Horology Curious
11/5/16
Hello guys, i received my watch two days ago and i can already observe some little scratchs on the glass, only visible with light. I was wondering if you guys have the same ?
Thanks!

Sent from the RWI App

bare84

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/1/13
Hello guys, i received my watch two days ago and i can already observe some little scratchs on the glass, only visible with light. I was wondering if you guys have the same ?
Thanks!

Sent from the RWI App

Hi, can`t confirm your observation. For me, everything seems quite alright!

AJ82

Known Member
19/3/17
Europe
Waiting for my QC pictures. Never seen the watch in real life. Very excited :)

A.J.

Moonmoon

Horology Curious
9/3/18
I would have bet the ETA 2893 has CHS, but that movement does not exist as a clone. And as an original ETA, it costs 100-200 dolar more than the whole ZF. But if the ZF is so good, it might be worth it. But it looks like it has the ICHS as well.

Tacotuesday

1/6/18
I would have bet the ETA 2893 has CHS, but that movement does not exist as a clone. And as an original ETA, it costs 100-200 dolar more than the whole ZF. But if the ZF is so good, it might be worth it. But it looks like it has the ICHS as well.

Yes it has ICHS and so does the ETA. If you want this watch with CHS buy Gen

AJ82

Known Member
19/3/17
Europe
f68d2.md.jpg
f6fzb.md.jpg
f6ind.md.jpg

Have a couple of questions to my QC pictures.... Is the 9 marker, 12 o clock on the gmt bezel and DW badly aligned/centered?

A.J.

Last edited:

Tacotuesday

1/6/18
f68d2.md.jpg
f6fzb.md.jpg
f6ind.md.jpg

Have a couple of questions to my QC pictures.... Is the 9 marker, 12 o clock on the gmt bezel and DW badly aligned/centered?

A.J.

My qc pics looked exactly the same. I was assured that in person it looks fine. Idk if I'll have to realign the bezel myself or maybe just put it a half click off. Or if it is in fact fine in person. Maybe the domed crystal causes some visual warp? I've seen gen pics that look off to so idk.

Reactions: Kitosarg

Kitosarg

Known Member
13/7/18
My qc pics looked exactly the same. I was assured that in person it looks fine. Idk if I'll have to realign the bezel myself or maybe just put it a half click off. Or if it is in fact fine in person. Maybe the domed crystal causes some visual warp? I've seen gen pics that look off to so idk.

I was told the same about the markers by my td. Inasked about the markers that looked crooked, but was told that in person it couldnt be noticed. Im recieveing my watch tomorrow and ill update on this.

Reactions: csthe

Tacotuesday

1/6/18
I was told the same about the markers by my td. Inasked about the markers that looked crooked, but was told that in person it couldnt be noticed. Im recieveing my watch tomorrow and ill update on this.

Good to know were all in the same boat. My qc pics are a few pages back. Did yours look similar?

Reactions: Kitosarg

Kitosarg

Known Member
13/7/18
Your 9 and 12 do look a little off. Bezel looks fine though.

Yep. Im really anxious for seeing it in person tomorrow. Inhope its better than it looks. If not ive heard its not an easy fix to move the markers on the dial. Ill try to source a new one then

mgberns

Supporter
Certified
10/12/15
When I think about replica watches in general, particularly ZF creations, I think to my self if they had good QC, they'd be stellar pieces. But at the same time, it can be a product of being OCD. It's a privilege to wear high quality replicas at a fractional cost of their gen counterparts. And the small dust particles and misalignments aren't often visible from a few feet away. But damnit, I unfortunately know it's there..haha

IMG-20181130-200348415-2.jpg

Tacotuesday

1/6/18
I wouldn't mind if they raised the price a little bit for better qc Doubt it will happen though

Reactions: Cadows

mgberns

Supporter
Certified
10/12/15
There are TD's that perform their own in-house QC which may be worth it. But this can often extend the lead time of reception into weeks or months. Moreover, rightfully so, you get less of a discount via payment method. But in the end, you get what you pay for right?