• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF RM55, new super clone movement

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Section Moderator
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
For the sake of my sanity, I have to get this off my chest: I know that niche internet communities develop their own meanings for terms, but for the love of all things holy: the letters CNC stand for Computer Numerical Control. CNC came after NC which means Numerical Control. An NC machine is one which is operated by a human where the human can read numbers off the control wheels to cut parts accurately. As you’ve probably already guessed, adding “computer” in front of NC to make CNC means that we’ve replaced the human with a computer. Every part of every rep made by factories, workshops, and modders is made on a CNC machine. Nobody is making parts for reps on a hand operated machine. Everything is CNC. Everything. EVERYTHING!!!

Ok… now that I’ve gotten that off my chest, I will accept that what people mean by CNC in the context of this community in general and this thread specifically is “expensive and not mass produced”.

Sign… I wish we could use a term like “custom” or “artisan” or “small run” instead. Or maybe give the name of the producer (if known), like we do for dials (aka buff, RB, etc).

Dollar_short

i know things
8/4/24
outside shitcago
For the sake of my sanity, I have to get this off my chest: I know that niche internet communities develop their own meanings for terms, but for the love of all things holy: the letters CNC stand for Computer Numerical Control. CNC came after NC which means Numerical Control. An NC machine is one which is operated by a human where the human can read numbers off the control wheels to cut parts accurately. As you’ve probably already guessed, adding “computer” in front of NC to make CNC means that we’ve replaced the human with a computer. Every part of every rep made by factories, workshops, and modders is made on a CNC machine. Nobody is making parts for reps on a hand operated machine. Everything is CNC. Everything. EVERYTHING!!!

Ok… now that I’ve gotten that off my chest, I will accept that what people mean by CNC in the context of this community in general and this thread specifically is “expensive and not mass produced”.

Sign… I wish we could use a term like “custom” or “artisan” or “small run” instead. Or maybe give the name of the producer (if known), like we do for dials (aka buff, RB, etc).

i have already asked if its not made cnc, then how is it made? i got nuthin. but, they can be made injection molding. either way i don't care.

Tomten04

Do not accept unsolicited offers
9/10/24
First of all, zf must fix the thickness of their product...
Zf (ntpt) vs cnc case (white)
hQm3hX.jpeg

You can see how bulky it is, cnc case is 13mm and zf is NOT 13.5mm (like its written at puretime )
That is great! thank you for sharing

Reactions: WenR

Tomten04

Do not accept unsolicited offers
9/10/24
Im sure it fit, my wrist is 16,5cm, 30M medium size rubber strap fit just fine. Scroll up, i have post my RM rubber strap ( blue white color )
Thank you...I finaly understand what 30M stand for...I guess 30M medium straps...they fit me perfectly and I have 15.5 cm wrist. I have another watch with 11M straps (that can not be medium) and they are way way way too big for me. So what does 11M stand?

WenR

Honest Scammer
19/7/18
Thank you...I finaly understand what 30M stand for...I guess 30M medium straps...they fit me perfectly and I have 15.5 cm wrist. I have another watch with 11M straps (that can not be medium) and they are way way way too big for me. So what does 11M stand?
I believe its for RM011, M is Medium

Reactions: Stuvetjee

atom

Getting To Know The Place
10/2/12

Just wanted to say I completely agree and this has been driving me nuts. There's certainly CNC machining happening on all the rep cases.

Reaps

Learning something new everyday....
25/9/22
Just wanted to say I completely agree and this has been driving me nuts. There's certainly CNC machining happening on all the rep cases.

HPoirot

31/3/11
30M means it's supposed to fit on the RM 30 model, which obviously fits a few different models, including the RM 55 i think.

My old RM 005 used a 002 strap, so i had a 02M strap.

'M' here refers to the medium length, with S and L as possible options.

Reps prob just followed the code of the gen

Reactions: Tomten04

dabestone

Renowned Member
6/12/14
For the sake of my sanity, I have to get this off my chest: I know that niche internet communities develop their own meanings for terms, but for the love of all things holy: the letters CNC stand for Computer Numerical Control. CNC came after NC which means Numerical Control. An NC machine is one which is operated by a
TQ. I always thought CNC is a factory. Lol