• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF RM55, new super clone movement

Stuart Pitt

Supporter
Certified
29/5/21
US
I think we're dealing with two different movements, and I suspect that one is from Dandong and one is from Shanghai. The movement used in the ZF version seems to have a regulator and beat adjustor that are very similar to the style we see on Rolex clone movements from Dandong (e.g. the DD4130, VS3235, etc). The version of the RM movement we're seeing in the YSF and RMF versions have the same regulator and beat adjustor -- and the regulator style on this movement looks like the style we've seen on Shanghai clone Rolex movements. While I think it's probably too early to start calling these movements the DD-RMUL2 and SH-RMUL2, I think we should at least distinguish them. I'm not even sure if RMF and YSF are different factories -- I have only ever found the YSF or RMF version listed on a TD's site, but never both. It wouldn't surprise me if RMF and YSF are the same factory.

Thanks, your pictures show ZF rib width closer or same as genuine, and YSF too wide.

Reactions: krkqm2008

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Section Moderator
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
Thanks, your pictures show ZF rib width closer or same as genuine, and YSF too wide.
This might be an easier way to spotting differences... a couple of GIFs where each image is swapped every 0.5 seconds. This isn't a perfect method because obviously the images aren't taken from exactly the same angles and distances -- that's why the YSF and ZF case sizes look very different in the back side images whereas they look very close in the front side images. But this method does help highlight differences like the thickness of the ribs.

Edit: The tool I used to make this can be found here: https://ezgif.com/

Last edited: