• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF RM55, new super clone movement

4/2/24

In-hand content of the RMF 055 is up. The NTPT and movement look better, but the wonky case geometry and that Arial Bold font for the ‘Richard Mille’ definitely do not make it a worthy ZF competitor.
What are you talking about? The case doesnt look that differently curved and the text isnt too bold to my eyes.. I think ANYTHING is a competitor to those nasty caked on ZF tbh..

Stuvetjee

For all your RM Strap and Jewelry needs!
Vendor (Strap Maker)
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
Okay after my optometrist appointment i see what you mean with the wrong font but its thinner not bolder than gen and the curvature is a BIT off but i’d take that over fucking painted bridges
but you do realise the brushed ribs on the RMF are too thick aswell? Also in every video the movement cage appears glossy/satin instead of matt.

Reactions: seanizcool

poseidon.

Known Member
31/5/20
There are visible black part on 2 and 5 on the rmf of the case. Where it connects with the movement and yes the ribs are too thick.

Reaps

Learning something new everyday....
25/9/22
Well actually YSF one has the same issue.. So as usual all factories have flaws lol.. Idk why they cant make a good watch for once. Would it kill ZF to make the ribs polished and not painted?
As Puretime stated, these movements are straight from the factory. So it's really not ZF, YSF, or RMF's fault. It's the "fault" of whatever supplier is making this movement. They get the movement direct from the supplier. and if that's how it comes, that how it comes.

I suspect that it's much "harder" to do any kind of finishing to these ribs because they're actually part of the movement, not just a deco plate. We can look at the A4302 and A330 movements with non engraved back plates for similar reasons.

4/2/24
As Puretime stated, these movements are straight from the factory. So it's really not ZF, YSF, or RMF's fault. It's the "fault" of whatever supplier is making this movement. They get the movement direct from the supplier. and if that's how it comes, that how it comes.

I suspect that it's much "harder" to do any kind of finishing to these ribs because they're actually part of the movement, not just a deco plate. We can look at the A4302 and A330 movements with non engraved back plates for similar reasons.
How come YSF and RMF have the movement polished then?