• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF RM55, new super clone movement

nirvana0002

Known Member
7/3/18
Asked this CQGNOOB guy in wechat, he quoted me 70k rmb saying this is cloned vaucher movement. Hope ZF will release this with realistic price soon..
LOL, even those 055 with gen vaucher movement don't cost 70k rmb.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Released! Looks very good!! ZF claim that all parts can be used on GEN watch.

Ceramic version will release in about 2 months time.

KEQFki.jpeg

KEQ0ap.jpeg

KEQGJb.jpeg

KEQRjc.jpeg

KEQfOX.jpeg

KEQEvI.jpeg

greenbeans

12/9/20
Released! Looks very good!! ZF claim that all parts can be used on GEN watch.

Ceramic version will release in about 2 months time.

KEQFki.jpeg

KEQ0ap.jpeg

KEQGJb.jpeg

KEQRjc.jpeg

KEQfOX.jpeg

KEQEvI.jpeg
What a time to be in reps, stunning. Hope this kicks off competition from factories, cannot wait for subsequent versions improvements!

Mkempes

Patience you must have my young Padawan
Supporter
Patron
Certified
13/12/23
EU
$1,038.00

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
Not badly priced either, I was guessing more towards the $13-1400 range. Although I doubt the parts are interchangeable with gen and those closeup shots we saw were kinda weird, it still looks great and is yet another huge step forward for RM reps! I'll definitely be adding one to the collection, just need to decide which model I want.

trtr

Renowned Member
10/3/13
I'm very tempted right now especially that dark legend and yas marina.

@puretime are these available now from factory or is there a wait time.

Reaps

Learning something new everyday....
25/9/22
Yas Marina is calling me... fuck I just got the BBR though

• Haha
Reactions: GiantSquid

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
Yas Marina is calling me... fuck I just got the BBR though
I'm in exactly the same boat, lol. BBR is like two months old and runs like an absolute top, but now this comes out...and my main collecting focus is RM55s from shitter to clone...
Fuck, better start wearing my old ZF Yas so my wife won't notice as quickly if I get a(nother) new watch

Reaps

Learning something new everyday....
25/9/22
I'm in exactly the same boat, lol. BBR is like two months old and runs like an absolute top, but now this comes out...and my main collecting focus is RM55s from shitter to clone...
Fuck, better start wearing my old ZF Yas so my wife won't notice as quickly if I get a(nother) new watch
My excuse will be that I will treat the BBR as a beater and the ZF more carefully and only special occasions (this is lie I'm just coping with my addiction)

trtr

Renowned Member
10/3/13

Real beaut. There are still some glaring flaws which hopefully will be addressed in subsequent versions

Totally get that there are flaws but this is the closest we've been for a reasonable price.

Also keep in mind this will be on the wrist and you're not wearing it downside up.

I know $1K for a rep is crazy compared to 10 years ago but damn, it's a beauty and needs to be enjoyed.

Reactions: BIONONE

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19

Real beaut. There are still some glaring flaws which hopefully will be addressed in subsequent versions
I bet that's for ease of servicing, looks like four screws and that whole back bridge will come off, then one more screw for the balance cock. Seems like the front bridge is being used as a mainplate and the rear bridge sandwiches the wheels. I *think* the gen is serviced mostly from the front while this seems set up for service from the back in the traditional manner.

greenbeans

12/9/20
Totally get that there are flaws but this is the closest we've been for a reasonable price.

Also keep in mind this will be on the wrist and you're not wearing it downside up.

I know $1K for a rep is crazy compared to 10 years ago but damn, it's a beauty and needs to be enjoyed.
O 100% agree. There was a point not that long ago we didn't know if we'll ever get a clone RM or just rumours. It's pretty amazing what we have for an accessible price. Hopefully the only way is up.

Reactions: Zac

greenbeans

12/9/20
I bet that's for ease of servicing, looks like four screws and that whole back bridge will come off, then one more screw for the balance cock. Seems like the front bridge is being used as a mainplate and the rear bridge sandwiches the wheels. I *think* the gen is serviced mostly from the front while this seems set up for service from the back in the traditional manner.
Interesting, if it's structural, not so sure it's an easy improvement for the next iteration

Reactions: GiantSquid

Prizon

👑
Patron
Certified
10/11/21
Interesting, if it's structural, not so sure it's an easy improvement for the next iteration
If they wanted to they could make it 100% on point. They just want to make more money at the end of the day by releasing V6, V7 on and on

trtr

Renowned Member
10/3/13
Can anyone remind me (sorry I've forgotten) who is the person who makes the RM velcro straps on here for ZF?