• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF RM55, new super clone movement

jsanta

Getting To Know The Place
28/11/23
ZF will release the new RM55 with new super clone movement, it's almost the same as genuine movement. 95% same as genuine.

You may have seen this movement before, but the price is insane. The previous price was about $20k, but after ZF mass production this time, the price will be reduced to $1k.

The new RM55 will be available in two to three weeks. It will have the same size and structure as the genuine watch.

Based on the quality of ZF in the past, this new RM55 is worth looking forward to.

KumjJ8.jpeg
Kum3aK.jpeg
Is this one?

trtr

Renowned Member
10/3/13
Is this one?

It's literally puretime posting and you posted an old watch from biao. Also the watch links are shared in this thread.

bpbp

Renowned Member
14/12/13
USA
It also looks like they're using the front bridges as almost a mainplate to build the movement on, instead of hanging it between two bridges like gen. You can see at bottom right of the clone that the bridge is dropped on top of the wheels (look down by the screw hole for casing the movement and you'll see) and I bet that could account for the bulk we see in the clone around the click in front.
You are compare those with gen over $50000 watch?? Lol

• Haha
Reactions: GiantSquid

trtr

Renowned Member
10/3/13
back to the topic, who's ordering? I wonder what the wait time is or if it's ready and available now.

Reactions: GiantSquid

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
back to the topic, who's ordering? I wonder what the wait time is or if it's ready and available now.
Not sure on the lead time, I'll definitely be ordering one but I'm going to hold off for a bit. I'm also hoping someone will take some pictures with the movement backlit since that's the best way to appreciate the BBR and this one should look even better.

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
Not sure on the lead time, I'll definitely be ordering one but I'm going to hold off for a bit. I'm also hoping someone will take some pictures with the movement backlit since that's the best way to appreciate the BBR and this one should look even better.
I'm thinking of the same, wait for v2 and hopefully it'll be their best, unless of course the v1 is already damn good enough

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
Not badly priced either, I was guessing more towards the $13-1400 range. Although I doubt the parts are interchangeable with gen and those closeup shots we saw were kinda weird, it still looks great and is yet another huge step forward for RM reps! I'll definitely be adding one to the collection, just need to decide which model I want.

So BBR v2 is around $550 and this one is double.
Why is it not badly priced according to you?

Is this one really that much better because it's a clone rather than miyota?

seanizcool

Known Member
3/9/21

The price is justified for me at least, it's a totally new movement and I think it's by far the most accurate we've seen

Reactions: Zac and GiantSquid

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19

Pretty much, yeah. The movement alone was being sold for like $5k only a few months ago before it was mass produced. $1k ain't that much for what appears to be a ~95% clone of a $350k watch. The BBR v3 is a bit cheaper but both that and the ZF are an entirely different ballgame from the v1/v2.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood1