• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF RM55, new super clone movement

greenbeans

12/9/20
Also the other question, can this realistically be serviced by my local watchmaker?

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
Also the other question, can this realistically be serviced by my local watchmaker?
The hardest problem is unironically finding screwdrivers for the goddamn replica, they're not the same as gen and kinda vary batch to batch lmao

Reactions: derjenigewelcher

Stuart Pitt

Supporter
Certified
29/5/21
US
The ribs instead of being milled for a sharp reflection, like the original and ZF's v1, appear too wide and painted.

Reactions: greenbeans

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
It also looks like they're using the front bridges as almost a mainplate to build the movement on, instead of hanging it between two bridges like gen. You can see at bottom right of the clone that the bridge is dropped on top of the wheels (look down by the screw hole for casing the movement and you'll see) and I bet that could account for the bulk we see in the clone around the click in front.

centrum

27/7/14
Can't wait! The white Bubba Watson looks like it's going to be a cool watch to play with.

Reactions: seanizcool

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
Is that good or no?
Yes better than the current BBR although it seems they can't fix this wide rehaut... wonder if it's just an inherent issue to the replicas

but my concern is stability... let's wait and see

Reactions: Cheesegrater

magikarp

Do not accept unsolicited offers
3/4/24
The thick brushed metal skeleton always throws me off with these vs gen, theyre always too short and fat vs long and thin.

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
Yes better than the current BBR although it seems they can't fix this wide rehaut... wonder if it's just an inherent issue to the replicas

but my concern is stability... let's wait and see
I bet you the rehaut is for ease of manufacturing. My rehaut prints are a gigantic pain since they need to be thin and precise, and I bet milling them isn't exactly cost effective; if they're molded they need to be thicker to avoid warping. They probably figure everyone's going to be staring at the movement so a small discrepancy in not-the-movement is worth it if it's cheaper.

wuyang616

Getting To Know The Place
MULTI ACCOUNT
9/7/17
Tokyo
Any idea on the price? I hope they made the Abu Dhabi
Asked this CQGNOOB guy in wechat, he quoted me 70k rmb saying this is cloned vaucher movement. Hope ZF will release this with realistic price soon..

Prizon

👑
Patron
Certified
10/11/21
Asked this CQGNOOB guy in wechat, he quoted me 70k rmb saying this is cloned vaucher movement. Hope ZF will release this with realistic price soon..
Scammer.

Do not send him any money