• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Work reviews

Unknownwatchmaker

Renowned Member
Certified
27/11/15
Boston, MA
CF Datejust v2 (mint green)
VSF Yachtmaster 42

Both with a full service, gen datewheel, gen crystal, and pressure testing.

Lovely work in all regards.

52575910113_e90a207e76_c.jpg

52575659904_e89d9fe9f7_c.jpg

Reactions: KyotoSakura

Kevstah

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/6/20
CF Datejust v2 (mint green)
VSF Yachtmaster 42

Both with a full movement service, gen datewheel, gen crystal, and pressure testing.

Lovely work in all regards.

52575910113_e90a207e76_c.jpg

52575659904_e89d9fe9f7_c.jpg
VSF definitely makes the best OOTB Rolex China can produce as of 2022, hopefully the service will make them last 10 years before needing a service again !

Reactions: miami1978

techno89

12/9/12
Amazing work by Mike! I sent a V2 CF Batman for the following:

1. Install Gen Crystal I provided
2. Install Gen date wheel (Mike provided)
3. Rehaut polish
4. Align Insert

He did an amazing job at an incredibly fair price. This piece really pops with the rehaut polish and gen crystal. It really did come out amazing and the gen date wheel he provided was very well priced.

ombre

So Young...So Naive
Supporter
Certified
13/5/16
Another fantastic service by Michal.

bt8897

24/11/10
Excellent service on my Sea Dweller, will use again and recommend!

TheSilentSinger

I shall sing you the song of my people
Supporter
Certified
31/5/22
Maple leaves and beavers

Another fantastic job by Mike.

- Gen date wheel
- Level selector and crown stem replacement
The watch looks and feels like a gen, thanks again Mike. (y)

miami_YG

Supporter
Certified
17/2/17
NY USA

Above is a gen movement serviced by Mike… just kidding! A serviced VS3135 hybrid converted to a Franken 3185 with gen balance and gen GMT parts.

Reached out to Mike about doing the work to get this done as modder and turns out he had this movement on hand. Exactly what I was looking for. Shipped it over to me fast and it’s running like a champ!

TheSilentSinger

I shall sing you the song of my people
Supporter
Certified
31/5/22
Maple leaves and beavers

Another outstanding service by Mike.

VSF 126610LN

- Gen Crystal swapped
- Gen DW installed
- Gen Crown and tube installed
- Dial swapped

Movement and pressure tested to 10 bar.

Mike is very meticulous and takes pride in his work, and it shows.
Thanks again Mike. (y)

baetona

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/3/20

Mike Installed
Gen dial
Gen bezel insert
Gen hands
Gen crystal
Gen datewheel
Gen crown
Movement service

For both watches. I always appreciate have to him service my watches. Thank you. My watch journey will be continued with him.

vanpatten

Known Member
18/5/13
Recently had Mike franken an ARF 116234 for me. Extremely happy with how it turned out. Mike was fast to reply, and fast to build this one for me. Thank you again! Highly recommended!

Gen Dial
Gen Hands
Gen roulette wheel
Gen date seating plate
Gen date jumper
ARF Base
Full service
Regulation/Pressure Test

35wXZJ.jpg

35wPuo.jpg

Agloomp

Certified
30/7/20
I sent over a VSF Seamaster that I had dropped.

Mike fixed my watch quickly and did a great job with it.

Thanks Mike!

John

Watchful
Certified
10/1/17
Sent Mike my VSF Datejust 41 for a service and franken build. I probably caught him at a good time since he was able to complete the project within a couple days of receiving the watch.

The following gen parts were installed: crystal, bezel, dial, hands, date disc, crown and tube. He also successfully pressure tested the watch to 10 ATM, which is both a testament to the quality of the gen parts and his skills in the installation.

Definitely recommended and would be happy to work with Mike again on future projects :)

Reactions: miami1978

happy4life

Horology Curious
Supporter
23/8/22
I am so thankful for Michal's services, I wish I had the picture skill to show off his results like many other posts here. I can only describe his work as brilliant! This comment is in regards to the third watch he has worked on for me.

The most recent work completed: full service, install prof xtal and gen date wheel on cf yachtmaster

The result: flawless yachtmaster, seriously, the mechanics and visuals after his work are night and day compared to stock item. Thank you for your artistry Michal!

xwmbpx

Supporter
Certified
7/4/19
Michal worked on both my 5712 V2 and Cartier Santos which had movement issues.

Both are now working flawlessly. Thank you for the amazing work.

mr.trippin

Horology Curious
25/1/23
United States
Prompt communication telling me my watch arrived. 3 days later I received another message, I assumed it was telling me my watch was on the wait list, nope, my watch was done.

happy4life

Horology Curious
Supporter
23/8/22
Fortunate I’ve been able to get my watches serviced as his skills are in high demand. Super fast turnaround on latest service. Added a prof xtal and gen date wheel on yet another watch. Very reasonable cost and came back looking better than ever!

Vietkidd05

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
11/3/22
United States
I was one of those that thought I did not need a service movement.. let it rides til it dies, just enjoy it out of the box and worry about it later..
But crown winding was getting gridy, feels rough and movement rattles when you flick the wrist.. plan to do fraken project so thought I might as well do movement service with Mike...
Communication was great with Mike, Pm him here on rwi works best in my opinion. Crown winding now is smooth, very little rattles with movement , Mike even helped polishes off a ding on the case "very minor now"
Work done:
*GEN dial, hands, and crystal
*service movement 4130
*waterproofed, polished case
3 more fraken project coming ti Mike's shop

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
Recently had Mike franken an ARF 116234 for me. Extremely happy with how it turned out. Mike was fast to reply, and fast to build this one for me. Thank you again! Highly recommended!

Gen Dial
Gen Hands
Gen roulette wheel
Gen date seating plate
Gen date jumper
ARF Base
Full service
Regulation/Pressure Test

35wXZJ.jpg

35wPuo.jpg
3YYmep.jpg
TWINS. Minez has a low price gen bezel and a gen bracelet. And none of your posh waterproofing :p But you're making me put this back on jubilee for a little while :) Gorgeous build you have @vanpatten