• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What you can acutally get from Aliexpress with a bit of research (no live links)

tyrande

Known Member
14/4/15
Those of you asking for pictures I didn't see the point considering I was replying to someone who took better photos than I probably can and you can follow back the conversation with the [>>] key thing in a quote. Took a couple of my own anyway - note that although there is some texturing on the subdial you really can't see it in general. It is a guangzhou watch (came in shitty red cardboard box). However most of my issue with cheap watches is the movement and a miyota OS20 is very reliable and cheaply replaceable. Compared to some other cheap ones ITT it's incredible. Crown is screw-down and pushers appear to have rubber seals though I haven't tested waterproofing. If you guys have any questions or want to see some aspect not demonstrated here I could probably do that for you.

P.s. the bezel was easy to realign by slipping a razor under it, running around the bezel and resetting.

WMmXB5.jpg

7aJWEk.jpg

xpletiv

I'm Pretty Popular
3/3/10
Pj788, thanks for showing that Bullhead!
The white dialed one always looks better, yours is ok, just lacks the 'pop'. To me, it would be easily missed on someone's wrist.
Looks decently made, though.

shady75

Horology Curious
22/1/16
opened a dispute on the ugly submariner i got instead of the seadweller. the seller waited almost 5 days just to send the funny sentence again and offer no refund. i guess this will get funnier every minute.

FiloViridae

Advisor
Advisor
27/3/15
NYC
opened a dispute on the ugly submariner i got instead of the seadweller. the seller waited almost 5 days just to send the funny sentence again and offer no refund. i guess this will get funnier every minute.

At least you are getting some comic relief during the process!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FiloViridae

Advisor
Advisor
27/3/15
NYC
Got pretty much the same one. Swapped it with sterile seamaster dial. Kinda digging it now!
f1dbdf07f771a948c92bfe06e67c1dac.jpg

Bezels a few degrees off though.

Thanks mate! Looks good. I'll probably do something similar.

Calle

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/1/16
Finally got my cheapo explorer from ali. Once the seller shipped it it arrived in no time.
Pretty pleased. Lume application on the numbers is not great and the rotor is pretty loud if you shake it violently but for 35$-ish bucks i'm impressed. Bracelet is great. Lume is non existant pretty much.
I've had it on my wrist for about 4 hours and it's less than a second off after that time so keeping good time.

2zqzm0m.jpg

Aienan

Looking Around
15/1/16
This I am looking forward to. Did you get the 40mm?

Edit: Wow, that was so unclear. To those who have bought the Milgauss', I'm considering picking one up.

Radman

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
6/12/13
pretty nice can you share the link?

Finally got my cheapo explorer from ali. Once the seller shipped it it arrived in no time.
Pretty pleased. Lume application on the numbers is not great and the rotor is pretty loud if you shake it violently but for 35$-ish bucks i'm impressed. Bracelet is great. Lume is non existant pretty much.
I've had it on my wrist for about 4 hours and it's less than a second off after that time so keeping good time.

2zqzm0m.jpg

Radman

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
6/12/13
I threw a nato on mine, made it a little better. Still fine for a $50 impulse buy.

Got a pretty shitty Explorer II today... Haha oh well, guess that's what I get. It feels solid, but just look at that date window.. The bracelets terrible too.. I think I got this because the seller was being a PITA.. I started to give him a hard time with a fake tracking number.. Once New Years over, I'll order from a TD.

Sorry for the crappy pics.. I dropped my phone today and messed up the camera. Damn iPhone 6+ ..

5c59ca7d9b3c4e0a302af666dae57cf3.jpg
6738853d1b11c0d305d462f0b0e9c916.jpg
73871ecbfd22e7e23e5428c67e8716ab.jpg

Pj788

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/1/16
Does anyone know where i can find these Rado Diastar? I asked Jason007 at DHGate and he said they didn't have it. I've searched on ali too. I've only seen them on some pretty shady looking sites i'd be afraid to order from (thats where the pics are from)
ZykXVjX.jpg
6BbEbnT.jpg

gsxin

8/11/07
I have not seen them on Ali, and those pictures seem to be for a plastic case and the decals are peeling off ! those are like $2 I hope

offshoreaccount

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
13/1/16
Just got my SeaMaster in. Unfortunately the link is down, and so is the store:
http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/7264895291.html?orderId=72411323275024

Ultimately, I think it's a really nice watch. I am beyond happy. Seems to be quite good, and there are a few discrepancies that are obvious to me as follows:

1. Minute and hour hand lume is too light. I noticed that in the photos but went for it anyway. They aren't white, but aren't the same shade as the surrounding hour markers as they are as the original.
2. The second hand isn't the lollipop. It seems there are two versions of this watch. One with the 10-20-30-40-50-0 bezel which has the 12 on the dial, and then the 0-11 version that doesn't have the 12 on the dial. The genuine 0-11 version (which the replica is) has the lollipop hand, while the genuine 10-20-30-40-50-0 dial has the second hand that is in the replica, so that's a mistake it seems.
3. The dial or bezel seem to be slightly off and don't quite line up. Slight annoyance, but not too bad.

I can probably replace the second hand if I am feeling adventurous, but I am incredibly happy for a sub $50 rep.

Pictures quoted to stop people from quoting them.

gsxin

8/11/07
I pulled the trigger on this Aquatimer, I had always wanted it !
Quartz so I think the chrono should work, or at least move
$67
Pics from seller... delivery expected after CNY
HTB1OHhWLFXXXXb9XpXXq6xXFXXXN.jpg

HTB18dt2LFXXXXcAXXXXq6xXFXXXj.jpg

HTB13RFBLFXXXXXRaXXXq6xXFXXXq.jpg

gsxin

8/11/07
And I got this one for a friend for $66 from a store that is now closed (jack -something)
Auto, chronos move with the buttons but do not work, nice saphire glass, light bracelet but somewhat heavy overall, my friend loves it
OM1.JPG

OM2.JPG

mygse

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/12/15
As I said before,
These chronos work as 1-7 week days
1-12 months
And I got this one for a friend for $66 from a store that is now closed (jack -something)
Auto, chronos move with the buttons but do not work, nice saphire glass, light bracelet but somewhat heavy overall, my friend loves it
OM1.JPG

OM2.JPG

offshoreaccount

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
13/1/16
I pulled the trigger on this Aquatimer, I had always wanted it !
Quartz so I think the chrono should work, or at least move
$67
Pics from seller... delivery expected after CNY
Huh okay. But the one second tick of the second hand seems like a dead giveaway. Not that you are trying to fool anyone, but quartz movements aren't that attractive to me. I bought a moon watch speedster and I see now that despite the title of the item saying "automatic self-wind watch" it says quartz on a part on the page. I'm guessing quartz, and that sucks because I bought it thinking it was auto.

molivio

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/10/15
again, stay to the experts, the margin of error is too wide with random sellers on AX