• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What you can acutally get from Aliexpress with a bit of research (no live links)

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
N. Ireland
Seems this thread has taken a downturn i havent seen someone come up with a quality watch from it in weeks! i thought that was the point of the thread...

You guys are getting easier pleased by the day lol

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
N. Ireland
I wouldn't buy either of those; they look like they've lifted their pictures from another seller (Aaron)

the pictures are supplied out by the factories so many sellers have them, aaron wouldn't hold the stock himself to take pictures hes just a middle man that sources it and arranges it to be posted to you

timeonmyside

22/3/14
Just received an empty box from Singapore. The content description on the postage label said "wrist watch". I checked all of my orders and I was not expecting anything, nor did I purchase anything around the time it was shipped either. And to top it off, it didnt appear to have been opened by customs or anyone. WTH!

offshoreaccount

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
13/1/16
Seems this thread has taken a downturn i havent seen someone come up with a quality watch from it in weeks! i thought that was the point of the thread...

You guys are getting easier pleased by the day lol

I think the seamaster I posted yesterday is pretty good.

Nivka

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/4/15
Australia
the pictures are supplied out by the factories so many sellers have them, aaron wouldn't hold the stock himself to take pictures hes just a middle man that sources it and arranges it to be posted to you

So why don't they have their own pictures?

One of those sellers had really low positive feedback, both had a low number of total sales, neither of the watches had any feedback so I maintain I would stay well clear of them

offshoreaccount

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
13/1/16
Some do when you ask for qc. Those that don't likely do not have the watch on hand and order it when you do. I think this is the reason the processing times are so long.

james.blumenfeld

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/4/15
When I was last at the Shanghai "fake mart" back in December I noticed that many of the merchants - the ones with secret backroom showrooms as well as the ones that were out in the open - had a slick color catalog of available watches - i got to glance through it and it had many hundreds of watches.
The cover watch was an Omega Speedmaster Mark II that is featured on Ali Express and DH Gate.
If you ask a vendor for a particular watch they by and large just look through the catalog and decide how much to mark it up - which seems to vary widely.

psychom3

Renowned Member
3/3/09
Jacket wax??? That's a thing?

I remember telling the new jacks to "go find the lightbulb grease" their first day on the job; they'd be looking for hours :giggle:

Hipsters buy special jacket wax, most everyone else just uses parraffin wax like has been used for ever on waxed fabric clothes.

tyrande

Known Member
14/4/15
Well i suggest you to buy these watches.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Spee...ed-4-0mm-Professional-sports/32379942165.html
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Spee...ed-4-0mm-Professional-sports/32424385985.html
Because only quartz version has got real chronos. Stay away from cheap automatic watches.
I don't know both sellers and why one of them has half price.
I bought a seamaster from this "powerseller" guy for only $20.
Thats why i don't expect too much :)
I'll share my reviews when the watch arrives.

I think common sense is starting to get thrown out the window ITT. Of course you should stay away from mechanical speedmasters if you're paying less than 200 dollars for it - it's almost definitely gonna be just a regular movement with fake subdials. The cheapest mechanical chrono I know of is the Alpha daytona and it's around 200+ and isn't exactly super-reliable.

Aaron sells 2 speedmasters - one has subdials that correspond to the function and costs $40 (but apparently says seamaster) and the other I bought for $70. I don't think there is a better speedmaster for the price. The overall feel is of good quality however it's not gonna fool anyone that knows about them because of the way the movement works. You can pay much more to get torobravos' quartz one but apparently the crystal is wrong (easy fix). That's up to you, I think it's about double the price and it's definitely more accurate.

Just manage your expectations guys. Like the guy who was expecting to pay pennies for a vintage'd sea dweller and got an appropriately priced submariner instead - you could tell that was gonna happen from a mile away. The seller probably didn't even know he was baiting and switching - found a picture of a rolex like the fake he sold and put it as the picture and maybe didn't even notice it says sea dweller instead of submariner. If you apply common sense you can filter out most of the crap and scams without much effort. Don't trust anything that steals pictures from other sellers or doesn't have actual pictures of the watch they are sending you. Pretty much the only watches you can expect to be decent for dirt cheap are those with no complications like the $35 explorer 1 posted earlier.

The aaron watch is £46 and comes with a ~£20 from cousinsuk miyota movement. It has a speedmaster caseback and speedmaster clasp. That's pretty good compared to any speedmaster for that price. Don't expect the moon from paying dirt.

Here's what my other option was - £30 plus shipping and handling from the eaglemoss watch magazine.
original.png

This was the closest thing I could find before going to the dark side. It's about £12 less to buy this than the aaron one and is a piece of crap in comparison. Alpha used to make a speedmaster but even that was meh for the price. Keep your eyes open and do your homework!

mygse

11/12/15
Still no months mate ;) Just day of the week, day of the month and 24h.
Isn't it 1-12 dial?
It should move one by one with the button.
At least my poor tag works this way
39891d64aaed215aaa030af8c496e4d8.jpg

week day dial on left, month dial on right.

kopola347

29/11/15
So I ordered this sub 100$ SEVENFRIDAY M2-1 from Henry some time ago and received today.
Much better than in photos,l with a very interesting leather bracelet. The overall feel and quality are really good, heavy and quite big 47.6mm wide. It's a pitty the glass is scratched on the right side on 3 places. Will definitely keep an eye on this kind of reps.

Might get a Dietrich from Frank_178 next time:
http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/emAameQrf

gsxin

8/11/07
Oh crap !
--- USPS
CHICAGO , IL ---
January 22, 2016:
Status of item: inbound Into Customs
Your item is being processed by United States Customs.

There goes one of my AE buys :(
2 weeks in customs now

I remember this being a huge problem around this same time last year.
Anyone else having problems with US customs nowadays ?

FiloViridae

Advisor
Advisor
27/3/15
NYC
Oh crap !
--- USPS
CHICAGO , IL ---
January 22, 2016:
Status of item: inbound Into Customs
Your item is being processed by United States Customs.

There goes one of my AE buys :(
2 weeks in customs now

I remember this being a huge problem around this same time last year.
Anyone else having problems with US customs nowadays ?

It doesn't say "Held by customs?" That's what mine have said.. When it says Inbound to customs just means they're sorting it usually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
Just received the Black Omega Bullhead today. I have to say the white one is much closer to the gen. This one does not have screw in crown. Also lacking the red minute markers on the dial and the seconds hand is different. One thing is, it is smaller than the white one and I think closer to the 43mm it should be. The white seems like its 45mm. Bottom sub dial is NOT a small seconds, it count full hour when the chrono is on.
9by1Z7T.jpg
Ra8AXqv.jpg

Nice! I like this better than the white one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk