• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Welcome to The Brig - TA8088

Got20Mate

Hunting for the perfect Speedy rep!
Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
After reading everything and seeing the outpour of help offered from the heavyweights of this forum, even when the chips are down, it reminds of how fortunate I am to be on this forum.

I'm a complete newbie to this place, but the gestures shown above demonstrate the levels of care & consideration the OG members have for the reputation of this forum.

I could've have easily fallen victim to a watch scam sold by an ex-mod on here, hell I still could. After interacting with mods and seeing how the show is run, I feel safe in knowing that there's people watching over you on here. Honour and reputation is everything, life always catches up with you.

Really hope this comes to an amicable resolution for all. Sad times 😔

DD60

Eagle Eyed Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
28/4/17
@TA8088
Well we're well into the New Year and over 7 months since you deemed it necessary to NOT make good on your promises to refund the money paid you.
Certainly, you've been fortunate enough to secure another job by now.
It's time for you to step up and honor your promised word and refund my money. As well as the several other members from other forums you chose to scam out of thier hard earned money.
I'm not forgetting what you owe me.

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
@TA8088 Hi Eric, I do not know if you ever made recompense to @occb2 but unfortunately Robert passed away a few weeks ago. I do not know if you knew him well but everyone who ever encountered him has said he was one of the most generous members here and they are right. He became a very dear friend of mine. I do not want to guilt trip you but Eric I will anyway. So even for Robert's sake and his memory please make everything right.

Time is way too short for this sort of shit.

Last edited:

rolex4me

often nice, sometimes evil😜
Supporter
10/4/16
He won't fix it (my opinion).
He now had enough time to do something and reimburse the people.
Furthermore, he hasn't been registered on RWI for about 2 months.
for me he's a bunch --------
regardless of whether he used to be a mod or not.
I hate scammers who cheat people out of their money because they are unable to organize their lives.
I hope he gets his karma.
If he (which I don't believe) does reimburse the people, I will apologize to him for everything I wrote in this thread.

Slugger

Absent Minded Professor
Supporter
Certified
17/9/20
CONUS
I try to avoid this stuff but this really hurts to read.

On the other hand, the quality of response from the RWI community has been generous and proper. My heart is aglow seeing the sympathy and charity offered to @TA8088 yet it has apparently been rejected.

He could have been the prodigal son but instead he chose to be Judas.

Got20Mate

Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
This quote needs to be pinned to the front of the brig as a warning.

I mean, christ that's chilling.
Yeah I felt the same, but was too scared to say anything. This is a forum on the internet at the end of the day, people need to realise that and let it sink in. I know I do !

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
This is a forum on the internet at the end of the day
This is a family, a very big family and from all walks of life. Some of our family are not people you would want to piss off; you cut one of us and we all bleed and right now, one of our family is showing a lot of restraint. Debts are best paid, especially by scammers.

Got20Mate

Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
This is a family, a very big family and from all walks of life. Some of our family are not people you would want to piss off; you cut one of us and we all bleed and right now, one of our family is showing a lot of restraint. Debts are best paid, especially by scammers.
Well said. Perhaps I was a little misdirected with my wording, as I've made lots of friends on here who I respect and hope they feel about me as I do them. But scammers are the worst, and deserve what's coming to them. Why don't these people try and make right their wrongs when given a chance? It's crazy!

SaiyanSaiyanNoMi

Failing Upwards
Supporter
Certified
19/7/18
Well said. Perhaps I was a little misdirected with my wording, as I've made lots of friends on here who I respect and hope they feel about me as I do them. But scammers are the worst, and deserve what's coming to them. Why don't these people try and make right their wrongs when given a chance? It's crazy!
Scammers are never sorry they fucked people over, they are sorry that they got caught and are dealing with consequences of their actions.

All of us, one time or another, have fallen on hard times and we didn't resort to scamming people. No excuse in my opinion.

DiggerOfWatches

Gold Patron
Certified
4/7/19
Down Under
This 100%. The family and certain members of the family. And in this case just one is showing restraint.

Even the 'smartest' scammers get caught, or as said above people who fall on hard times, sure it's tough, but don't scam. They still should make things right. Consequences for actions can be severe. A stark reminder

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
Just stumbled upon this, I don't know the guy.
Sadly, I do know first hand that these arse holes exist, we used to have one in our family who scammed his 86 year old grandma out of tens of thousands, the old folks life savings. She had dementia :mad:

Where and when I grew up, '60's and 70's there was a code.
I sincerely hope @TA8088 gets everything he's got coming :mad:

He is the worst of the worst, a scummy cunt, not just for scamming his friends, that's bad enough, but more so for not actually reaching out to those here who have offered to help with an olive branch to reach an amicable solution, instead he just waltzes in with a hard luck story and then fucks off again.

It's gone too far now, I sincerely hope that he gets everything he has got coming to him, it will surely be resolved in the end, always is !!
We reap what we sow in this life (y)

Got20Mate

Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
Incredible stuff. The brazen behaviour is simply astonishing, who do these people think they are? Here's hoping you change your ways and quickly. You couldn't get an easier second chance handed to you on a platter, take it for goodness sake.

Out entertaining friends at an expensive place?? Disgraceful.

Slugger

Absent Minded Professor
Supporter
Certified
17/9/20
CONUS
We share a lot. While bonding as brothers (and fewer sisters than I’d prefer) in humor and our common interests, we come to realize that you harm my brother, you harm me…you harm all of us. Scammers and dirt bags are not welcome here.

Blackieray

Flâneur
Supporter
Certified
11/12/21
Near the Atlantic
Sometimes at an intersection I'll see some poor twat holding up a sign; citing God, war vet or 3 kids to feed. I feel for them. But the thing that often comes to mind is not just what the fuck happened to you, but how shitty the person may feel having to scrape their life together this way. It's not an excuse but, I think we all can be driven to desperation when things go sideways to the extreme. This may be the case.

Reactions: Got20Mate

Zeta7

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
9/11/23
Sometimes at an intersection I'll see some poor twat holding up a sign; citing God, war vet or 3 kids to feed. I feel for them. But the thing that often comes to mind is not just what the fuck happened to you, but how shitty the person may feel having to scrape their life together this way. It's not an excuse but, I think we all can be driven to desperation when things go sideways to the extreme. This may be the case.
Think about how many times they shit on people to have absolutely nobody that’ll do anything for them. You gotta really work hard to accomplish that.