• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Welcome to The Brig - TA8088

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
Definitely miss seeing you around BOD! Hopefully you can talk sense into this guy where others have failed.

Life can change circumstances for the bad for any of us. If there is a personal issue going on it would be best just to reach out and work out whatever the issues are. Honestly @TA8088 if you have the watches as they were described and don't have the money to refund, nor the money to ship ,I'm sure a bunch of us would be willing to chip in to provide you with shipping labels to get them out to their rightful owners, or at least a neutral party to assist shipping them on.
I am willing to help.

Reactions: Rx4Time

BigOffshoreDaddy

OG RWI - The Man, The Myth, The Legend
Patron
Certified
26/3/06
The Republic of Texas
Curious to know what you are referring to, honestly.
My dear friends - D4M, Boss, C, et al. - thank you for your kind words and what you do for us.

If memory serves, about 2006 (give or take a few months) the original boss/owner had done a group buy for the latest and greatest Rep straight out of GZ. The only thing separating this from Gen was the price tag.

Anyway, many people bought into it, these things take time, yada yada yada, time goes by, etc etc, and there's still no watches. I can't be sure, but there were also some deals involving this guy, watches and money, money and watches, dealers, and not to mention the operation of this very board. All told, 5 figures was fucked out of this board and its members at a minimum. Many good people stepped in and RWI was saved.

Fast forward to 2008...dude shows back up, hat in hand, telling everybody he's sorry, he was going through some things, the dog ate his homework, the check was in the mail. Every excuse you could think of...but he promised to make it right with everybody one day at a time so help him Gawd. Being the voice of reason and the unofficial conscience of the board, I said that's great...fuck you, pay me. Don't tell us, show us. Again, my memory is a little fuzzy on this, but I don't think he came through. And now he's just a memory in the long line of scammers on this board.

I may be fuzzy and downright wrong on some of the details, but that's about the gist of it.

As far as @TA8088 is concerned, I'm willing to lend help. But the Lord helps those who help themselves, so the ball is in his court. For those who don't think we can reach out and impact someone's life, there are many we've touched virtually. I personally know of one that, because of his antics and scamming on here, he is no longer a paramedic. I know because I made sure of it...you're welcome. As for everyone else, trust me, we will get you one way or another. Back in the early days, don't think we wouldn't show up on your doorstep with a ball bat and the cops. But we are a peace loving group now.

Anyway, @TA8088, we can help you and we will. You know as well as others what we as a board are capable of. Don't let it come to that. Do the right thing before it's too late.

DD60

Eagle Eyed Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
28/4/17
I echo C Master...there but for the grace of God
@BigOffshoreDaddy - I'm honored brother! Thanks for the support and your words of wisdom. Good to see you.
@TA8088 - Enough is enough. My offers of support and willingness to work with you for an amicable resolution have now expired.
A man is only as good as his word.
It's time to get your shit together

Last edited:

e1phantom

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
There was a 10 year break in his post history (2013 - early 2023). All his sales after that break are on staff hold.

I don't know (and probably don't care, tbh) what happened in his life during that break, but to come back just to scam other members (let alone former fellow staff members) is an absolute low life move.

@TA8088 Since proxy is on the case now, simply fixing this situation is perhaps the smartest and least painful option you have ...
Is it possible his account was hacked and someone else used his reputation to pull off a scam?

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
Is it possible his account was hacked and someone else used his reputation to pull off a scam?

Sure, it's possible.

But my guess is that there is evidence that it's not hacked (like the same PayPal account having been used as in past transactions, for example). That's my assumption, since otherwise I would imagine that one of the scammed staffers may have already brought up the suspicion that it may be a hijacked account...

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Patron
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
I would think this unlikely as he was selling on repgeek also with the same watches, all old school long out of production models and he knew details which in some cases I didn't know about the different variations which were available at that time.

Last edited:

e1phantom

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
Ah. Okay. I’m too new to know him but tried to give him the benefit of the doubt based on his reputation. Too bad.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Patron
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Ah. Okay. I’m too new to know him but tried to give him the benefit of the doubt based on his reputation. Too bad.
Everyone wants to look for any way this could not be him. I wish this was the case as well, but I'm pretty sure with how long this has been hanging before it got to the brig that the staff has more then enough info, ip addresses, where the money was sent, correspondence , etc.

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
This has some stark similarities to my best friend of 30 years' situation. He ended up borrowing my gen rolex and pawning it for cocaine. He became someone who loathed himself and couldn't escape his addiction. He died through suicide last year. If anyone still knows this guy they should reach out.

bhehe6813

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
13/7/16
Yeah he’s not coming back. I’m guessing he saw this thread, logged out, and won’t ever be back. Opportunity scammer with something in his life to make him take it, prob some financial issues. Seen it happen plenty of times (not here) where someone with great reputation turns scammer, but usually it’s because the person got hacked.

What doesn’t make a lot of sense is how small the amount seems to be? It seems like only ~$500 on RWI? Is that right? You’d think the guy maybe just died or some shit, but this clears that up:

“@TA8088 . Logged in today, saw this thread, chose not to comment.l

Really bizarre situation all around. You’d think he’d go for larger value scams leveraging his reputation. Maybe the comments about him being a fiending drug addict scamming for a fix are accurate, definitely odd.

Last edited:
Reactions: Reaps

HootschiGootschi

„105 OR 1=1“
Patron
Certified
6/2/19
HG in da house
reading that story is bizarre
and if someone told me about it, I wouldn’t believe as it doesn’t make sense.

I know that it has happened in the past, that „one day“ reputable persons come to the conclusion to „cash out“ their reputation - using it in a criminal way. (& this may happen in future again)
Doing this shit for a nickel is far from making sense.

Yeah, it might be that the „accounts“ are actually under someone else’s control (things happen if you lazy reuse your password),
but even if so, that doesn’t make sense aswell. For same reasons: nickels & dimes.

@TA8088 Jesus Christ, get your shit together

Reactions: DiggerOfWatches

bhehe6813

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
13/7/16
I'm pretty sure it's not an account hacked issue. The watches I saw listed were all old school reps which fit for someone who has been around a long while.
yeah I doubt he was hacked unfortunately. Using the same payment methods is a good indicator he wasn’t. It’s easy to hack someone’s forum account, but taking over a PayPal, continuing to receive payments and then cashing that out to another account is not simple in the slightest and unlikely.

From what others said and what you said, it’s the same payment methods, the same old rarish reps, etc.

Reactions: DiggerOfWatches

MrBald

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
5/4/23
Sweden
What a scumbag scammer EX staff you would think u can trust people like him but no