• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Welcome to The Brig - TA8088

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
I don't like kicking people when they are down. This said you owe people. If you have spent they money already (foolish to spend money before you ensure the transaction is complete), perhaps you can offer an alternative form of restitution? Don't know what you own still, but perhaps you can list out options and offer them in leau of money to those who you owe? Not suggesting anyone send you additional money, but you send an alternative piece (s). Not an ideal option, but if your situation is true, it's a possible alternative method for resolution?

BigOffshoreDaddy

OG RWI - The Man, The Myth, The Legend
Patron
Certified
26/3/06
The Republic of Texas
It's never been my intention to not figure out a way to refund you and make you whole here at some point and occb2 as well. I am still trying to find another full time job with zero success. It's not that I haven't wanted to send something even if it's just a small bit at a time. It's literally been there's been nothing there in the bank to send. I've managed just barely to keep the roof over our head and the power on so far.
Allow me to add some grist to the mill.

2008-2010 was one of the worst periods of my life. I was working in oil and gas at the time and the price of oil had bottomed out. Combined with the fact that I was neck deep in multiple mortgages for a total of 7 figures in the real estate market, I was leveraged to the teats to say the least...and we all know how that market turned out as well.

I lost my very nice 6 figure job. I sold everything but my ass. I sold my nice house and moved into an extended stay hotel. I was living off of $1800 USD a month...after bills were paid, I had about 300 left to eat off of and find a job with. The way bills and unemployment worked out one period, I had $20 dollars to eat on for two weeks. Ramen noodles, PB&J and tuna fish sandwiches, and dollar store Debbie Cakes was all I ate for two weeks. My hardest decision for lunch or dinner was what flavor noodles or jelly I was going to have.

Many members here helped me out, some the likes of which I could never repay...nor would they accept it. Seems because I helped this board out once or twice, that warranted helping me in my time of need. Even if it didn't, that doesn't mean there aren't folks here who wouldn't help you in *your* time of need. But even in my most darkest days, when I had to look up to see rock bottom, NEVER ONCE DID I EVER CONSIDER FUCKING ANYONE OVER. EVER. Oh trust me, I could have, and in ways that would have rocked this place to the core...but then what?

I get the fact you're down and out, and that you're in dire straits. I've been there...many of us here have. But save me the woe is me bullshit because it ain't gonna fly with me or others. You could have asked for help and you didn't.

You need to do something. If you're still down and out, then you need to do something - a good faith gesture - to give those who've been wronged a sign that you intend to make good. But you need to be completely honest in everything with no bullshit excuses. I don't know what D4M or The Boss will accept as a good faith gesture, and I don't know what a viable path forward looks like, but I'm sure one can be laid out...provided you're 100% honest with them, us, and most importantly yourself. Then and only then will salvation begin.

In closing, I will leave you with this: The Lord helps those who help themselves. Perhaps now is a very good time for another "Come To Jesus" meeting with yourself, and to the honorable members of this community. If I can help, I will do what I can. Your move, Chief.

Bill - BOD

yodog

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
2/9/11
In my parent's basement
So that there better context of what happened with these sales let me provide some details. I sold occb2 a Milgauss that I thought housed an A2824 or 36. Something came loose in shipping and when his smith went to work on it turned out it was a hi-beat 21J movement. DD60 bought my IWC Cousteau and when it arrived the big chrono hand was loose so he returned it. It was never about not sending watches to these guys or attempting to scam them or using my reputation to scam anyone. The money had simply been spent to keep the lights on and the roof over our heads. I've listed at least 20 reps here this year and many of them sold here. Quite a few were $400-500 rarer old school reps and these made to their buyers and were successful transactions. If my intention was to scam wouldn't I have done it with a bunch of these higher end reps.!
I'll fix the IWC for free for you @DD60 if that helps this situation in any regard.

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
I get that one can be ashamed of one's pitfalls, we all have them. But, honesty would had gotten you leniency.

I wasn't affected by this, but if I would had, I would had personally told you not to even think about me. A loss is a loss, but in the balances of life, your losses are bigger than my hypothetical one.

If there is something that this place has shown me, it's the ability of people to understand and care for their fellow human, to be lenient, and to help one who is down. Being honest goes a long way.

You going on about your life on other forums rubs me the wrong way and it really makes me doubt your story.

Last edited:

BlueLineFarmer

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/21
Allow me to add some grist to the mill.

2008-2010 was one of the worst periods of my life. I was working in oil and gas at the time and the price of oil had bottomed out. Combined with the fact that I was neck deep in multiple mortgages for a total of 7 figures in the real estate market, I was leveraged to the teats to say the least...and we all know how that market turned out as well.

I lost my very nice 6 figure job. I sold everything but my ass. I sold my nice house and moved into an extended stay hotel. I was living off of $1800 USD a month...after bills were paid, I had about 300 left to eat off of and find a job with. The way bills and unemployment worked out one period, I had $20 dollars to eat on for two weeks. Ramen noodles, PB&J and tuna fish sandwiches, and dollar store Debbie Cakes was all I ate for two weeks. My hardest decision for lunch or dinner was what flavor noodles or jelly I was going to have.

Many members here helped me out, some the likes of which I could never repay...nor would they accept it. Seems because I helped this board out once or twice, that warranted helping me in my time of need. Even if it didn't, that doesn't mean there aren't folks here who wouldn't help you in *your* time of need. But even in my most darkest days, when I had to look up to see rock bottom, NEVER ONCE DID I EVER CONSIDER FUCKING ANYONE OVER. EVER. Oh trust me, I could have, and in ways that would have rocked this place to the core...but then what?

I get the fact you're down and out, and that you're in dire straits. I've been there...many of us here have. But save me the woe is me bullshit because it ain't gonna fly with me or others. You could have asked for help and you didn't.

You need to do something. If you're still down and out, then you need to do something - a good faith gesture - to give those who've been wronged a sign that you intend to make good. But you need to be completely honest in everything with no bullshit excuses. I don't know what D4M or The Boss will accept as a good faith gesture, and I don't know what a viable path forward looks like, but I'm sure one can be laid out...provided you're 100% honest with them, us, and most importantly yourself. Then and only then will salvation begin.

In closing, I will leave you with this: The Lord helps those who help themselves. Perhaps now is a very good time for another "Come To Jesus" meeting with yourself, and to the honorable members of this community. If I can help, I will do what I can. Your move, Chief.

Bill - BOD
How about if you ship all of remaining rep watches you have to a RWI moderator for them to sale and they in turn send the proceeds from the rep watch sale threads to the RWI members you scammed instead of you selling them on other rep forums. If you decide to move forward on this proposal it would show remorse for how you scammed RWI members. The ball is in court for next steps.

DiggerOfWatches

Gold Patron
Certified
4/7/19
Down Under
I think you tagged the wrong person. BOD ain't the one who is the Brig. However his story is full on and shows how things can be tough (understatement of the year) and also how honesty goes a LONG way.

Also I'll add how much this place is awesome, I've been through some rough times and have had people reach out and ask how they could help. I don't need to name them, they know who they are, but that really enforced how much this place is family. You just have to be part of that family. In a good way - which isn't that hard.

Interesting concept @BlueLineFarmer . And concur, ball is in @TA8088 court now. Putting sales threads and posts on other forums... yeah... nah...

BlueLineFarmer

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/21
I think you tagged the wrong person. BOD ain't the one who is the Brig. However his story is full on and shows how things can be tough (understatement of the year) and also how honesty goes a LONG way.

Also I'll add how much this place is awesome, I've been through some rough times and have had people reach out and ask how they could help. I don't need to name them, they know who they are, but that really enforced how much this place is family. You just have to be part of that family. In a good way - which isn't that hard.

Interesting concept @BlueLineFarmer . And concur, ball is in @TA8088 court now. Putting sales threads and posts on other forums... yeah... nah...
My mistake as I responded to the wrong post.

BlueLineFarmer

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/21
It's never been my intention to not figure out a way to refund you and make you whole here at some point and occb2 as well. I am still trying to find another full time job with zero success. It's not that I haven't wanted to send something even if it's just a small bit at a time. It's literally been there's been nothing there in the bank to send. I've managed just barely to keep the roof over our head and the power on so far.
@TA8088

How about if you ship all of remaining rep watches you have to a RWI moderator for them to sale and they in turn send the proceeds from the rep watch sale threads to the RWI members you scammed instead of you selling them on other rep forums. If you decide to move forward on this proposal it would show remorse for how you scammed RWI members. The ball is in court for next steps.

DD60

Eagle Eyed Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
28/4/17
I'll fix the IWC for free for you @DD60 if that helps this situation in any regard.
Thanks yodog. I sincerely appreciate the offer. It's members like you that make this place like no other. The sense of brotherhood and compassion here is phenomenal.
Unfortunately, the IWC was returned the very next day after receiving in leu of an agreed upon refund.
The watch had a few more issues than a loose chrono hand. When TA8088 first shared that he was experiencing financial hardship due to loosing his job, I asked him to return the watch and I'd get it fixed, even offered to cover shipping cost back to me, but he said he no longer had the watch.
This whole thing has been more disappointing than anything else. A man is only as good as his word. Once a man fails to honor his promise and begins making excuses, he loses his honor.

Last edited:

rolex4me

often nice, sometimes evil😜
Supporter
10/4/16
with all love,
You're an asshole to me.
(and I don't care what everyone else thinks of me)

HootschiGootschi

„105 OR 1=1“
Patron
Certified
6/2/19
HG in da house
@TA8088

Reading through the thread content, a little bit between the lines & adding what @DD60 wrote,
I‘m in doubts there is anything left in @TA8088 possesion. What would you expect?

var554

The Mothership
Supporter
25/6/23
USA
Dang. That's a rather suspicious inconsistency right there... What a sad state of affairs.
It is, and makes one wonder if he is trying to do the same on other forums, whether to repay what he took(stole), or to pay rent and food. Maybe neither, because it's just a scam. I don't know where he lives, but here in the US there are a lot of jobs. he doesn't need his dream job, he needs a job. When one is down at the bottom, one does what one must to survive.

deffleopard03

Looking and learning
Supporter
Certified
12/10/23
United Kingdom
It is, and makes one wonder if he is trying to do the same on other forums, whether to repay what he took(stole), or to pay rent and food. Maybe neither, because it's just a scam. I don't know where he lives, but here in the US there are a lot of jobs. he doesn't need his dream job, he needs a job. When one is down at the bottom, one does what one must to survive.
As what's they say "beggars cannot be choosy"!

Reactions: MisterN and var554

Sub007

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
18/8/14
@TA8088 I don’t know you, never dealt with you but what I do know is that Karma is a bitch and will kick you in the but, this will end bad if you don’t come clear. Whatever shitty situation you got yourself in, as a former moderator you of all people should know that this forum is built on trust and members caring and looking out for each other. So stop making excuses, you can lie to everyone else but at the end of the day you can’t lie to yourself. Now you’re down and out you can at least be honest and make things right. And maybe then you can find a way back, find redemption and get your life together like many others have. If not then it’s on you

Zeta7

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
9/11/23
Damn decent of everyone to try to help. He’s not going to make good on anything. It’s pretty messed up that he’s still able to act like he’s selling watches on that other forum. It’s just a matter of time before he gets around to ripping them off too.