• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF's new Summer Blue Omega?

critical_

Known Member
Certified
14/2/14
world timer looks damn good. We don't need to discuss the caseback, but it wouldn't bother me personally.
I would have more trouble with the blurred Seamster lettering.
It doesn’t look as bad in person but I am open to other on-wrist opinions.

critical_

Known Member
Certified
14/2/14
Here are well-lit, pro pictures of the gen watch. My approved QC pictures were taken in a rather poorly-lit situation with a phone camera. The differences are obvious but on-wrist it still looks good. VSF can definitely fix the case back, map, and Seamaster logo in a v2.

Snooky

Came for the reps, stayed for the banter!
Supporter
Certified
23/11/23
UK
Has anyone heard whether ZF will be bringing a summer blue variant to us? Guessing they’re still months / a year away from VSF’s release

merowinger

I'm Pretty Popular
10/7/13
Switzerland
Another few QC pics of the VSF diver to bolster what @merowinger already shared. I’m excited about the colorway and not too worried about the case back. Really looking forward to this one’s arrival!
Thank you for these pics, as I'm still waiting for my QC-pics, but I guess I will get them after the Chinese New Year.
The watch looks great! hands down, even tough the dial does not come close to Gen's work of art. It's certainly nicer than the standard blue version, and we no longer have to worry about the yellowish markers. The caseback sucks, let's be honest, but I usually wear the watch with the dial on top! :)

Reactions: Snooky and Sweetrep

Snooky

Came for the reps, stayed for the banter!
Supporter
Certified
23/11/23
UK
I couldn't resist trying the gen on

That dial is soooo sparkly. I didn’t appreciate just how nice that looks when the light hits it 🤩

Specter1000

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
18/2/15
Cincy area
I think I will wait to see what ZF, OMF, MKF can come up with....for me, I really want to see a better caseback.

merowinger

I'm Pretty Popular
10/7/13
Switzerland
I think I will wait to see what ZF, OMF, MKF can come up with....for me, I really want to see a better caseback.
Fair enough, if the caseback is so important to you.
Presumably something else will not be quite as good, as is the case with different manufacturers (crystal, dial, bracelet, colour etc.).
From experience, VSF makes the best Seamaster Divers, and the first pictures seem to confirm this.

But yes of course, you can wait and see if another factory makes a better version.

MrZaha

Known Member
27/5/22
I just got mine and it actually looks much better in person. I recently got another black seamaster and noticed that both this summer blue and black one have more pronounced crown gaurds than what vsf has done in the past. Its not up to zf or gen anything but they seem bigger