• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF's new Summer Blue Omega?

andy79

Getting To Know The Place
Supporter
Certified
4/2/24
What is the experience with these ceramic bezels of the reps? Are they realy more resistant than the pre ceramic/ aluminium ones?
Are they more scratch resistant, or you need to baby them?

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
What is the experience with these ceramic bezels of the reps? Are they realy more resistant than the pre ceramic/ aluminium ones?
Ceramic is ceramic. Very scratch resistant.

But if you smash one hard against a hard surface at the wrong angle it will crack.

Reactions: andy79

merowinger

I'm Pretty Popular
10/7/13
Switzerland
In these comparison photos by @aguida , you can clearly see how the glass of the ZF (left) is more reflective and how the crownguards are more pronounced.
On the other hand, the hour markers are whiter than on the standard blue VSF (not relevant for the VSF Summerblue).

Reactions: Jarken

andy79

Getting To Know The Place
Supporter
Certified
4/2/24
It may be the dial of the standard blue is more reflective, rather than a glass difference. The summer one with the fading blue and the sunburst brush is not that glossy anymore

Reactions: Route66

Sweetrep

The jerk store called
Certified
24/7/23
US
I don’t know about scratches but they look amazing (just like gen!) and they suck at turning (just like gen!). Maybe it’s easier at 300m…

Reactions: andy79

merowinger

I'm Pretty Popular
10/7/13
Switzerland
Got mine today. In fact, it is even more beautiful live than in the photos, as the dial with its color gradient and sunburst effect is difficult to capture on camera. The look changes greatly depending on the lighting conditions. The dial is generally a little darker than that of the gen, and perhaps also a little less striking. I actually like it better this way than the gen.
I will try out the milanaise / mesh band and the rubber strap in the next few days.

bowtiefanatc

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/11/12
I didn’t care for it in the standard bracelet, it was too thick and bulky feeling. But now that I put it on the rubber strap, it’s my go to casual watch.

Agree, the dial is stunning in person and especially in natural light.

Reactions: merowinger