• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF's new Summer Blue Omega?

Sweetrep

The jerk store called
Certified
24/7/23
US
ah, okay... it seems the gen is white, too.
My bad.
it's difficult to see
I’m bad with shades but if I hadn’t seen previous responses I’d have said both gen and vsf dates were the same shade of light blue as the index dots. But I suppose I am now persuaded that they’re both white. Hard to tell! Also I’ve noticed depending on lighting and camera settings the colors of the bezel markers / index dots / hands can appear more white in pics than they are IRL. If the sun ever shines here again I’ll get a sunlight pic. And maybe a sound recording of the rotor 🤓

Reactions: merowinger

JMM17

Getting To Know The Place
15/1/24
Eeeew ewww eww ew ew

Summer blue just landed on trusty site, enjoy them pics. Hoping for quick v2, such a lovely color.

Reactions: Jarken

aguida

Renowned Member
Certified
5/3/22
Finally the Summer Blue landed at my door. I haven't even taken the wrapping off yet. Also a side to side with the normal blue version. I might take a better picture tomorrow in real light.

Last edited:

andy79

Supporter
Certified
4/2/24
Nice duo. I'm impaciently waiting for my standard blue one. One question, on The QC. Is it that difficult to place those 12h markers perfectly alligned? On my QC pics I noticed it, but also on other shared pics. Either they are not parallel, or one is slightly below the other. Such a pitty, when all else looks so neat...

aguida

Renowned Member
Certified
5/3/22
I promised more pictures and here they come even though I really should not be taking pictures, as I am really bad at it. I agree with the case back being kind of interesting why they couldn't get it rigth. FOrtunately I never wear the watches inside out, so noone will ever know.

The summer blue is on the right in all the pictures.

My personaæ comment is that I thought it would be a no contest in favor of the summer blue, but I am not so 100% sure now. I think the blue has it's own qualities including a proper transparent case back.
Anyway. Here are the pictures for you fun:

aguida

Renowned Member
Certified
5/3/22
I promised more pictures and here they come even though I really should not be taking pictures, as I am really bad at it. I agree with the case back being kind of interesting why they couldn't get it rigth. FOrtunately I never wear the watches inside out, so noone will ever know.

My personaæ comment is that I thought it would be a no contest in favor of the summer blue, but I am not so 100% sure now. I think the blue has it's own qualities including a proper transparent case back.

Two more obeservations. Those are both from ZF, so again very surprising why they didn't just use the same case with the crown protection wings clearly wrong on the summer blue?
Finally, if you are like me, and when possible like to upgrade the reps to gen for thos you love the most, well rigth now the blu diver is much cheaper on the used market. :)

Snooky

Came for the reps, stayed for the banter!
Supporter
Certified
23/11/23
UK

Thanks so much @aguida for throwing up these comparison pics. I really want the summer blue, but having only just received the standard blue I’m trying my hardest to talk myself out of it. I really can’t decide on a favourite!

andy79

Supporter
Certified
4/2/24
Indeed, thanks @aguida for the comparison, really useful. @Snooky , can you post your blue one too? Mine is on the way.
Can these be waterproofed? It's not so much about swimming with them, but keeping moist away and extending their life.

Reactions: Snooky

Snooky

Came for the reps, stayed for the banter!
Supporter
Certified
23/11/23
UK
Indeed, thanks @aguida for the comparison, really useful. @Snooky , can you post your blue one too? Mine is on the way.
Can these be waterproofed? It's not so much about swimming with them, but keeping moist away and extending their life.
No probs, here’s my blue ZF. Apols for the lack of artistic context, I was cooking dinner so didn’t have time to frame a nice shot 🤭

I tend to change between the steel and rubber bracelet almost weekly, so below is a photo from the other week on rubber. It’s like a different watch switching between the two 😌

Reactions: Jarken and Sweetrep

andy79

Supporter
Certified
4/2/24
Looks great, many thanks. And the 12h markers are properly placed. 😀

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
I would take the transparent caseback over the garbage poseidon. Noone will know anyways