• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vsf / xf sea dweller now comes with vs3235 !

Picasso74

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
2/6/20
Italy Pordenone
I was also looking at that on eBay. How is the AR on the cyclop, it looks like does not have it or light? How is the black hole effect? Do you have a pic of that?
Probably not so good as the gen……..(500 bucks less😉)…but the most important thing that has is the correct mag….the vsf stock is horrendous from that point.
anyway, it is very good looking in real life and it is probably the light because it has the anti reflective coating…the black hole isn t so deep like in the gen…but it doesn t bother me…for 90 $…could go very well

Reactions: guybythelake

guybythelake

13/7/14
That’s the problem. Not enough real world experience and too much “staring at macros”, focusing on the wrong things.

🫡
That is your opinion. My opinion is black hole in a crystal matters, i can only imagine most people into roex reps would also care. Second, How would you know how much experience someone has with watches... and other ridiculous comment! Lol.

guybythelake

13/7/14
Probably not so good as the gen……..(500 bucks less😉)…but the most important thing that has is the correct mag….the vsf stock is horrendous from that point.
anyway, it is very good looking in real life and it is probably the light because it has the anti reflective coating…the black hole isn t so deep like in the gen…but it doesn t bother me…for 90 $…could go very well
Great info. Thank you. It sounds like a good option. I have one on the way and first I am going to shave the gasket and see what that does. If not I am thinking about removing the cyclops and attaching a correct magnification one, hoping the AR is on the back of the crystal so the black hole will be there. And if that does not work then the crystal from eBay.

Reactions: Picasso74

guybythelake

13/7/14
I got VSF SD43 last week. I shaved the gasket and that did not do much for the magnification. And then I tried a 2.5 x magnification cyclop. And that did not work. I think the ussue is 2.5 x cyclops on the market are the magnification for submariner send GMTs with much thinner crystal. When you put that 2.5 x cyclops on a much thicker SD43 crystal the distance between cyclop and date window increases and that magnification becomes 3.5 - 4 x. I also see that across mosr reps today for SD43. So I got the one from eBay and looks great. Decent blackhole effect and excellent magnification. Thanks for the advice, worked out great!

Krimson

We are all time travelers.
6/9/23
If we did not care about the details we would just get a rep from DHGate and call it a day... none if us would be here, saying "it is a rep, dont get hang up"... lol

But obviously this is not the case , people here spend alot of money frankening, there are discussion, endless threads about bezel color or dial color, side by side micros.... And crystals and black holes. So it does matter to some if not the most people here.
lol, I agree , some people just like to flame , makes them feel superior.

Supporter
Certified
29/3/18
Hi guys please i need a suggestion to build a good sd 43
I have both sd43 arf v4 and sd43 vsf
After reading here due to the awful SEL on vsf I’m thinking to do this if possible from a technical point Of view:

Arf case and bracelet with clasp
Arf crystal and gasket that has correct mag
Vsf 3235 movement with hands and dial, all
Vsf (this to avoid to adapt the arf 2824 dial to the vsf 3235 even if i read the arf dial color is better)

Please let me know if this can work according to your experience mates! If yes then i will send pics after work is finished
Thanks a lot in advance

Plenitude

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
23/3/22
After reading here due to the awful SEL on vsf I’m thinking to do this if possible from a technical point Of view:

Vsf (this to avoid to adapt the arf 2824 dial to the vsf 3235 even if i read the arf dial color is better)

Please let me know if this can work according to your experience mates! If yes then i will send pics after work is finished
Thanks a lot in advance
For me it's ok, it's exactly what I have, with the difference that I was lucky enough to find a crystal gen at a good price.
But I've also noticed that people here suddenly change their minds ;)

Supporter
Certified
29/3/18
For me it's ok, it's exactly what I have, with the difference that I was lucky enough to find a crystal gen at a good price.
But I've also noticed that people here suddenly change their minds ;)
Thanks Buddy!
Please one Last question
Does the vs3235 fit in the arf case without issues at all or some adaptation is needed?
Thanks a lot!

Plenitude

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
23/3/22
Thanks Buddy!
Please one Last question
Does the vs3235 fit in the arf case without issues at all or some adaptation is needed?
Thanks a lot!
I didn't do the work, but they didn't tell me anything about it.

guybythelake

13/7/14

Thanks a lot in advance
ARF dial color is not bad IMHO. It is charcoal not gloss. I am very happy with my VSF SD 43 after changing the crystal. Overall quality is great and SELs are fine. ARF made superb reps as well, I have a few and they are also great. I think you could be very happy with ARF as it is. Looks like you are just looking for a movement swap?

guybythelake

13/7/14
ARF dial color is not bad IMHO. It is charcoal not gloss. I am very happy with my VSF SD 43 after changing the crystal. Overall quality is great and SELs are fine. ARF made superb reps as well, I have a few and they are also great. I think you could be very happy with ARF as it is. Looks like you are just looking for a movement swap?
I meant to say VSF dial color is not bad... charcoal not gloss.

Supporter
Certified
29/3/18
I meant to say VSF dial color is not bad... charcoal not gloss.
My vsf has the SEL lightly recessed from the case (is only mine or is a general vsf sd 43 flaw? I don’t know this) while ARF has SEL aligned, not a big flaw but considering i have both i’d like to try to solve this and in addition i would also have the 3235 with 70 hrs power reserve on ARF and a better insert (i think vsf insert is better), moreover the ARF has not a perfect date magnification but is better than vsf so using the ARF crystal perhaps i can obtain a better result reducing the awful mag date effect of the vsf, Last but not least i find the ARF 904L color less warm than vsf so more ‘white’ let me say while the vsf seems to tend towards light yellow, don’t know if it is only my impression
That’s it bro but i accept suggestions I’m still thinking about it
Thanks a lot!

Last edited:

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
My vsf has the SEL lightly recessed from the case (is only mine or is a general vsf sd 43 flaw? I don’t know this) while ARF has SEL aligned, not a big flaw but considering i have both i’d like to try to solve this and in addition i would also have the 3235 with 70 hrs power reserve on ARF and a better insert (i think vsf insert is better), moreover the ARF has not a perfect date magnification but is better than vsf so using the ARF crystal perhaps i can obtain a better result reducing the awful mag date effect of the vsf, Last but not least i find the ARF 904L color less warm than vsf so more ‘white’ let me say while the vsf seems to tend towards light yellow, don’t know if it is only my impression
That’s it bro but i accept suggestions I’m still thinking about it
Thanks a lot!
The Gen has a tiny SEL recession - like the current submariner. As the recession is down to a combination of case and bracelet, swapping just one of these won’t necessarily give any improvement. To be honest, I don’t think the ARF is better in any aspect - especially given the random nature of anything coming out of ‘ARF’ for the last 2 years. Maybe the clasp feels slightly more solid, on some, but if it is then only marginally so.

Supporter
Certified
29/3/18
The Gen has a tiny SEL recession - like the current submariner. As the recession is down to a combination of case and bracelet, swapping just one of these won’t necessarily give any improvement. To be honest, I don’t think the ARF is better in any aspect - especially given the random nature of anything coming out of ‘ARF’ for the last 2 years. Maybe the clasp feels slightly more solid, on some, but if it is then only marginally so.
This is a gen and the SEL recession is very minimal compared to vsf
Basically is the same present in the ARF where is not completely absent but very tiny as per gen i would say

Supporter
Certified
29/3/18
This is a gen and the SEL recession is very minimal compared to vsf
Basically is the same present in the ARF where is not completely absent but very tiny as per gen i would say

Taken from Chrono24

10/5/23
Milky Way
Hi folks, need some advice on the latest vsf SD43 / 126600 and would be thankful if experts and anyone else who has got one help.
- has the “1” in “1220m” now been corrected? (Looking through some of the wrist shots on this thread i think it has, so would like a second opinion)?
- is the cyclops magnification still 3xish?

Leaning towards a VSF because of the movement, just need to get comfortable with what i can effectively “live with” (the tells and the wife lol 😉)

Thanks in advance.

guybythelake

13/7/14
Hi folks, need some advice on the latest vsf SD43 / 126600 and would be thankful if experts and anyone else who has got one help.
- has the “1” in “1220m” now been corrected? (Looking through some of the wrist shots on this thread i think it has, so would like a second opinion)?
- is the cyclops magnification still 3xish?

Leaning towards a VSF because of the movement, just need to get comfortable with what i can effectively “live with” (the tells and the wife lol 😉)

Thanks in advance.
I just bought one last month or so ago... the 1 is fine. The dial looks good, matte and nice quality. The biggest issue is the date window magnification. 3x is an understatement, more like 3.5 - 4 x. The cyclop is completely covered with the white datewheel. It is horrible. One of the members here recommended a crystal from eBay for about $70-80 and it fixed that issue and has a decent AR on the cyclop for the black hole effect. I also shaved the gasket and that brought the thickness of the watch from 15.4mm to 15.1mm, which is gen thickness and probibly helped very little with magnification. But the different crystal is a must!

Reactions: SpectralCoronet
10/5/23
Milky Way
Thank you mate, really helpful and now i need to consider and perhaps line up deep xtal (assuming they do one for SD43) before i pull the trigger!

10/5/23
Milky Way
I just bought one last month or so ago... the 1 is fine. The dial looks good, matte and nice quality. The biggest issue is the date window magnification. 3x is an understatement, more like 3.5 - 4 x. The cyclop is completely covered with the white datewheel. It is horrible. One of the members here recommended a crystal from eBay for about $70-80 and it fixed that issue and has a decent AR on the cyclop for the black hole effect. I also shaved the gasket and that brought the thickness of the watch from 15.4mm to 15.1mm, which is gen thickness and probibly helped very little with magnification. But the different crystal is a must!
So it appears Deep dont do SD43 crystals.
@guybythelake is it 👇crystal that you have installed?
Mind sharing photos?