• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vsf / xf sea dweller now comes with vs3235 !

Zacappa

Horology Curious
31/12/21
Wow. What a thread. Would love a SD43.
In summary for me, buy the one with issues you can best live with if you can't afford to franken.

Reactions: StrangwaysAtoll

FiliGelli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
11/2/17
EU
Back to my wrist 😎
3jrKYc.jpg

StrangwaysAtoll

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/5/22
Jamaica
On a different note - has anyone pressure tested the cases of the ARF and VSF (after applying diving silicone to the gaskets)? Any bad leaks?

Does the HEV require any special tools to secure/seal.

banyairicsi

15/7/22
Hungary
So if you want to buy an SD43 now, what should you do? Buy ARF V4? Because it is closer to GEN than VSF? The movement is better in the VSF, but everything else is better in the ARF V4? Or is it worth waiting for an updated version from one of them? Any info on updates? Based on what I read ,the best will be an ARF V4 with VS3235 and with XF Crystal? Do I understand correctly? If I buy both, can I make one of them? If yes, than how? I put the VS3236 movement in the ARF V4 and that's it? I mean, not me, but a very skilled watchmaker! Is it possible? Because then it's an almost perfect Replica!

Seadwellermike

Proud RWI Supporter
Banned
Certified
You won’t find an ARF unless it’s used, but the VSF movement superiority is so significant (and outer lug shape and insert and crown guards) that the VSF which IS available will be your best (and only) choice.

Change the crystal, and be done.

If you found both: yeah you can hybrid them, which is why I bought both. But the details were so close I didn’t see the value in doing that. So I sold my ARVv4 with the VSF bracelet.

I now have and wear the VSF with the ARF bracelet. And it’s only true ugliness is the date mag.

banyairicsi

15/7/22
Hungary
You won’t find an ARF unless it’s used, but the VSF movement superiority is so significant (and outer lug shape and insert and crown guards) that the VSF which IS available will be your best (and only) choice.

Change the crystal, and be done.

If you found both: yeah you can hybrid them, which is why I bought both. But the details were so close I didn’t see the value in doing that. So I sold my ARVv4 with the VSF bracelet.

I now have and wear the VSF with the ARF bracelet. And it’s only true ugliness is the date mag.
Yes, the ARF V4 is not available at this time. Ok, I will buy a VSF, but where can I find a good bracelet and crystal? But am I remembering wrong? Didn't you write that side by side ARF is a better? Closer to Gen? Not?

Seadwellermike

Proud RWI Supporter
Banned
Certified
You are correct, I’m an ARF v4 fan, but fact is the more I live with the VS I can attest to its brilliance.

If you can’t tell by looking at the pix why I chose one over the other does it really matter?

And, fact is, the VS in my stable was the one I KEPT, I bought them all, but KEPT THE VS (head) so if you want to use my personal analysis of all (Noob, V9, ARF1-4, XF and VSF) the one I still have is the VSF 3235.

That should speak volumes.

banyairicsi

15/7/22
Hungary
You are correct, I’m an ARF v4 fan, but fact is the more I live with the VS I can attest to its brilliance.

If you can’t tell by looking at the pix why I chose one over the other does it really matter?

And, fact is, the VS in my stable was the one I KEPT, I bought them all, but KEPT THE VS (head) so if you want to use my personal analysis of all (Noob, V9, ARF1-4, XF and VSF) the one I still have is the VSF 3235.

That should speak volumes.
Convinced! :) Thank you!

If I do decide to replace the crystal, what kind of crystal should I replace it with? And where can I find it?

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
Convinced! :) Thank you!

If I do decide to replace the crystal, what kind of crystal should I replace it with? And where can I find it?
With a genuine. That's all I'm gonna say. The answers can be found around here somewhere.

Reactions: banyairicsi

Seadwellermike

Proud RWI Supporter
Banned
Certified
A member here found a Clark’s or similar on eBay and it looked great on his SD43, the mag was right. Cost like 70-80 I don’t recall.

The gasket can be modded to bring the crystal closet to the dial to decrease the mag. Either way you’ll need someone with experience to do it.

banyairicsi

15/7/22
Hungary
A member here found a Clark’s or similar on eBay and it looked great on his SD43, the mag was right. Cost like 70-80 I don’t recall.

The gasket can be modded to bring the crystal closet to the dial to decrease the mag. Either way you’ll need someone with experience to do it.
Is it worth changing the crystal from watches from other currently available manufacturers? Of the ones you had, which one had the crystal acceptable? (Noob, or ARF v3 os CSF or VRF?)

Plenitude

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
23/3/22
Is it worth changing the crystal from watches from other currently available manufacturers? Of the ones you had, which one had the crystal acceptable? (Noob, or ARF v3 os CSF or VRF?)
Hi, I had arf, xf and vsf. Now I have a mix between arf and vsf with gen crystal. But believe me, it was enough for me to have a gen in my hands to understand that these mixes are not worth doing. If you meet a gen you should always hide...

• Sad

banyairicsi

15/7/22
Hungary
Hi, I had arf, xf and vsf. Now I have a mix between arf and vsf with gen crystal. But believe me, it was enough for me to have a gen in my hands to understand that these mixes are not worth doing. If you meet a gen you should always hide..

That doesn't sound good! Where can I buy a gen crystal? Although after that it's unnecessary!

FiliGelli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
11/2/17
EU
That doesn't sound good! Where can I buy a gen crystal? Although after that it's unnecessary!
What i got reading your comments it's that you don't like to push the search button and type what you are looking for.
The sd43 gen crystal is pretty rare and hard to find for a reasonable price, so, be prepared to pull out 600€ as i did.
Anyway the final result worth the money spent in my opinion.
Good luck