• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Releases Daytona 126500 (Equipped with Dandong 4131 beta)

jtks

Getting To Know The Place
25/5/20
How's the case shape versus CF and BT?

I've read VS had wrong case shape and lugs

It is fixed now?
VSF didn't fix it. Typical VSF, most of their Rolex models have the wrong lugs. I would say their Daytona is far less "wrong" than their other Rolex model. It's not a big deal unlike their datejust.

Bobi01

Respected Member
2/2/19
VSF didn't fix it. Typical VSF, most of their Rolex models have the wrong lugs. I would say their Daytona is far less "wrong" than their other Rolex model. It's not a big deal unlike their datejust.
I dont see any lugs issue on the vsf except they are a hair thinner than clean lugs

Reactions: m5smg2

daytonadude

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
11/2/23
CONUS
I’m starting to think that for the Panda, clean is no longer the way to go… between VSF, BTF, and CF, are you all VSF converts now? I’m very tempted to do a maxi build of the best parts of all.

And it seems like QF, APS, and AR+ are no longer part of the picture, as well as SBF since they either use a peacock movement or a 4130?

My biggest issue is the bezel, to me it’s the biggest tell on any watch. But SpongeBob isn’t answering me about doing his mod on them!

JordanEleven

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/5/20
hiOjqv.jpeg

Service

I'm New. Unknown to this website.
2/9/24
I’m starting to think that for the Panda, clean is no longer the way to go… between VSF, BTF, and CF, are you all VSF converts now? I’m very tempted to do a maxi build of the best parts of all.

And it seems like QF, APS, and AR+ are no longer part of the picture, as well as SBF since they either use a peacock movement or a 4130?

My biggest issue is the bezel, to me it’s the biggest tell on any watch. But SpongeBob isn’t answering me about doing his mod on them!
I went with BT personally, currently waiting for it to arrive. VS is looking very attractive for the price though.

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
PANDA : I think purely for aesthetics and overall it was Clean's 2-3rd batch, not their most recent one. The one where they had fixed the markers but didnt have the O coronet issue.

BTF has a weakness in the subdial aesthetics but strong in case finishing and bezel. Can be made perfect with Clean dial.

Movement I have to say shockingly the SH4131 is better than DD4131 since I've heard of more failures with the DD4131 than SH4131. And recently the SH finally stopped using their garbage deco on the balance bridge.

Reactions: Mark113811 and AG91

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
I will say VSF's SL4802 Daytona probably is the best value buy Daytona right now in the entire replica game. Then the ZF Daytonas for their price are also killing it.

But in my opinion if we talking best of the best - nothing related to price then it still is Clean.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17

I think the VSF has always been the better choice for the panda. And with the 4802 it’s insane value for money.

I’m impatiently waiting on mine which is still on that infernal tracking black hole stage where it’s waiting to reach the UK.

Reactions: SuperLory

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
I think the VSF has always been the better choice for the panda. And with the 4802 it’s insane value for money.

I’m impatiently waiting on mine which is still on that infernal tracking black hole stage where it’s waiting to reach the UK.
What about the black dial?

:)

Bobi01

Respected Member
2/2/19
Yup
Its the clean dial anyways, same dial they use, only thing is there is few batches, flat markers batches are sold out as i couldnt see any of them lately, other thing is the surface inside the subdials, the newer batch have that flat gray-silver surface and with that the numbers are more visible while on the older batches the surface is like indent,like pressed inside silver ring and with that the numbers sometimes are less visible and eaten
As you can see

Reactions: AG91 and SHB

Bobi01

Respected Member
2/2/19

And i think that silver rings are also a bit wider on newer (flat) batches

Reactions: SHB

Bobi01

Respected Member
2/2/19
I think I must sacrifice myself to do a comparison of Clean, VSF and BTF for both black and white. I‘m wondering why our TDs haven’t done one yet!
The thing is that they selling newer and older batches of the dials and variations of white dials also, flat markers, rounded markers all the time and if you get old batch of the black dial or warmer color of the clean or vsf dial - that will not tell real truth because vsf and clean use the same dial and different batches are all the way around… also with bracelets, i have had 4 clean daytonas and some of them have more solid and more polished edges of the bracelet and some of them less… also the movement winding feel, all 4 had different winding feel…
The only thing you can really compare is the case, pushers, crystals…
Everything else like dial, movement winding and rotor sound, bracelet feel , have variations..

Reactions: daytonadude and SHB